• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)

1. Are you sure? He's told me personally that he's signed with the Chiefs and Taranaki for 2017-2018.

Would be odd that the Reds are wasting a training spot on him if he's shipping out soon.

Could it be a mistaken identity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
King, You are correct. It was not Mat Wiltshire.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Harry Hockings potentially? Similar height and both have dark hair.

Could be an easy mistake for someone to make

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)

Here are some other names that may be familiar who were there as well :
  1. Calvin Luka (Nudgee C)
  2. Patrick Tafa (BSHS)
  3. Sean Farrell(BBC)
  4. Josh Nasser (Nudgee C)
  5. Efitusi Maa'fu(IGS)
  6. Tate McDermott, (Sunshine Coast Grammar)

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
Pardon for misleading the forum. I was incorrect. Jack Howarth "Chicken" has been nabbed by BBC under Nudgee's nose and will start there next year. Exciting for BBC the young man is a talent.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
Pardon for misleading the forum. I was incorrect. Jack Howarth "Chicken" has been nabbed by BBC under Nudgee's nose and will start there next year. Exciting for BBC the young man is a talent.
Exciting for the young man, BBC is a good school :)

rugbyontherange

Frank Nicholson (4)
King, You are correct. It was not Mat Wiltshire.
I'm tipping it is Angus Blyth-204cm (TSS), not Matt Wiltshire. Also been seen training with the senior squad. There wasn't too many lads from GPS last year who were of the height of Wiltshire and Blyth with Blyth probably about 5-10 kg heavier. Mentioned by FJ Holden he got the John Eales Scholarship at Bond so still around on the Coast. Well known fact amongst TSS boys he has a 3 year contract with the Reds.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I'm tipping it is Angus Blyth-204cm (TSS), not Matt Wiltshire. Also been seen training with the senior squad. There wasn't too many lads from GPS last year who were of the height of Wiltshire and Blyth with Blyth probably about 5-10 kg heavier. Mentioned by FJ Holden he got the John Eales Scholarship at Bond so still around on the Coast. Well known fact amongst TSS boys he has a 3 year contract with the Reds.

Gents, it was neither of the 2 locks mentioned and Im a bit embarrassed I let a parent investigate for me as there were definitely no tall timber like those two.
I have also heard the rumour Angus B is indeed contracted to the REDS, however I did not see him with the main REDS squad training Monday night. Great to see Chris Sautia and Kerevi (BSHS boys ) at training, though just doing light core skills as both on the mend from injuries. .

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Gents, it was neither of the 2 locks mentioned and Im a bit embarrassed I let a parent investigate for me as there were definitely no tall timber like those two.
I have also heard the rumour Angus B is indeed contracted to the REDS, however I did not see him with the main REDS squad training Monday night. Great to see Chris Sautia and Kerevi (BSHS boys ) at training, though just doing light core skills as both on the mend from injuries. .
Angus Blythe is training with the u20's not with the main squad. The only boys training with the main squad twice a week (mon & tue) is Hocking, Hoopert, Riley & Hunt to my knowledge, they then join u20's for Thur & Fri training. The other u20 eligible boys with the main squad full time are Ngamanu, Hewat, Scott Young & Perese (on Wallaby apprentice duty).
All the 2016 schoolboys are training with PONI's (Players of National interest) Nucifora, Stewart, Luka, Wright, McNamara Mon/Tue/Thur & Fri.
Wrong forum for this anyway.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Angus Blythe is training with the u20's not with the main squad. The only boys training with the main squad twice a week (mon & tue) is Hocking, Hoopert, Riley & Hunt to my knowledge, they then join u20's for Thur & Fri training. The other u20 eligible boys with the main squad full time are Ngamanu, Hewat, Scott Young & Perese (on Wallaby apprentice duty).
All the 2016 schoolboys are training with PONI's (Players of National interest) Nucifora, Stewart, Luka, Wright, McNamara Mon/Tue/Thur & Fri.
Wrong forum for this anyway.

H2C, you know your stuff brother. thank you.
This thread I thought its about qld gps rugby and this particular discussion is about current gps boys who have just completed high school and are progressing to the next phase of their rugby pathways.
Also there maybe two schoolboys training with the 20's who are returning to school next yr.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
H2C, you know your stuff brother. thank you.
This thread I thought its about qld gps rugby and this particular discussion is about current gps boys who have just completed high school and are progressing to the next phase of their rugby pathways.
Also there maybe two schoolboys training with the 20's who are returning to school next yr.
Good luck to the boys that have just finished school and are staring the next phase in the eye. The first year can be a challenge as they will be up against some players that have been out of school for 2 years now with a wealth of senior rugby experience and some with u20's experience. My advice to the schoolboys coming in "if you think you can make it, think again and try harder".

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Exciting for the young man, BBC is a good school :)

wow . That is one hell of a backline they are putting together. I was at BBC this year when as 14As they put nearly 50'on our Nudgee boys. If i remember correctly 10 and 13 were outstanding- put him at 12 and look out.
i hear GT have new boys in that age group as well.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
BBC 14s did that to us last year as well, what was the 15s result this year?
The talent that is potentially in the Nudgee 1st XV in 2017 beggars belief. Not sure whether it is good though, but I pity any 2nd XV team next year.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
BBC 14s did that to us last year as well, what was the 15s result this year?
The talent that is potentially in the Nudgee 1st XV in 2017 beggars belief. Not sure whether it is good though, but I pity any 2nd XV team next year.

yes . I saw that game at Nudgee last year. The NC 14A got a schellacking by 40 .
This year as 15A they beat BBC by a point with a try after the bell when all BBC had to do was kick it out.
So really a 50 point turn around. And yes there was 4 or 5 new boys to the NC team - including 2 outstanding new props.

I also agree that Nc will have a really strong open division but I will back TSS to win the 2 nd xv for 5 th year in a row. Talk about depth !!

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)

King, why have the Reds not announced an u20s squad when every other franchise has? If the squad is training, why not remove the speculation?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
King, why have the Reds not announced an u20s squad when every other franchise has? If the squad is training, why not remove the speculation?

The core U20s have been training since October. I imagine that's the fringe Reds crew plus guys like Hamish Stewart, Liam MacNamara etc.

The '16 Schoolboys have been getting an early look in these last few weeks, but the full extended squad only assembles in January.

That squad gets cut down to 30 + shadows in late January / early February for competition to start in (I think) March.

I'd be surprised if they didn't roll out this team.

1. Richie Asiata (ACGS)
2. Josh Webb (ACGS)
3. Harry Hoopert (TGS) - TT will be playing Super Rugby IMO
4. Harry Hockings (ACGS)
5. Angus Blyth (TSS) - Lukhan Tui in Reds
6. Angus Scott-Young (ACGS)
7. Liam Wright (ACGS)
8. Reece Hewat (NC)
9. Harry Nucifora (ACGS)
10. Hamish Stewart (TGS)
11. Liam MacNamara (BSHS)
12. Fred Dorrough (TSS) C
13. Dylan Riley (TSS) - Perese + Magnay in Super Rugby
14. Joey Fittock (TSS)
15. Jayden Ngamanu (BBC)

16. Josh Taylor (TSS)
17. Gavin Luka (NC)
18. James Gall (ACGS)
19. ?
20. Fraser McReight (BGS)
21. Jordan Lenac (TSS)
22. Alex Horan (GT)
23. Will Eadie (GT)

With some other exciting up and comers like Matt Faessler (TGS), Tony Hunt (NC), Kalala Meni (NC), Sean Farrell (BBC) waiting in the wings for injuries.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
The core U20s have been training since October. I imagine that's the fringe Reds crew plus guys like Hamish Stewart, Liam MacNamara etc.

The '16 Schoolboys have been getting an early look in these last few weeks, but the full extended squad only assembles in January.

That squad gets cut down to 30 + shadows in late January / early February for competition to start in (I think) March.

I'd be surprised if they didn't roll out this team.

1. Richie Asiata (ACGS)
2. Josh Webb (ACGS)
3. Harry Hoopert (TGS) - TT will be playing Super Rugby IMO
4. Harry Hockings (ACGS)
5. Angus Blyth (TSS) - Lukhan Tui in Reds
6. Angus Scott-Young (ACGS)
7. Liam Wright (ACGS)
8. Reece Hewat (NC)
9. Harry Nucifora (ACGS)
10. Hamish Stewart (TGS)
11. Liam MacNamara (BSHS)
12. Fred Dorrough (TSS) C
13. Dylan Riley (TSS) - Perese + Magnay in Super Rugby
14. Joey Fittock (TSS)
15. Jayden Ngamanu (BBC)

16. Josh Taylor (TSS)
17. Gavin Luka (NC)
18. James Gall (ACGS)
19. ?
20. Fraser McReight (BGS)
21. Jordan Lenac (TSS)
22. Alex Horan (GT)
23. Will Eadie (GT)

With some other exciting up and comers like Matt Faessler (TGS), Tony Hunt (NC), Kalala Meni (NC), Sean Farrell (BBC) waiting in the wings for injuries.

Solid - however Taniela, Tui, Magnay, Dorrough, & Fittock are too old for 20s in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.