• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Solid - however Taniela, Tui, Dorrough, & Fittock are too old for 20s in 2017

#12 might be a position of weakness in the 2017 U20s then.

Kalala Meni has transitioned to the centres and he's certainly got the power to match Dylan Riley's pace in midfield. Tony Hunt is a similar option. Calvin Pritchard is off to play US College Rugby, so unavailable. Horan could also ably step in to #12 as he has done for UQ at Prem Grade

Eadie should jump straight into the starting team in place of Fittock. And that's a quick backline with Ngamanu and Riley alongside him.

I've been doing some research and it turns out Eadie is in the top three fastest fastest footballers in Australia, tied with Marika Koroibete (and Seabelo Senatla) and presumably behind James Roberts.

10.7 over 100m, 1.44 over 10m. Legitimately rapid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)

Kalala Meni has transitioned to the centres and he's certainly got the power to match Dylan Riley's pace in midfield. Tony Hunt is a similar option. Calvin Pritchard is off to play US College Rugby, so unavailable. Horan could also ably step in to #12 as he has done for UQ at Prem Grade

Eadie should jump straight into the starting team in place of Fittock. And that's a quick backline with Ngamanu and Riley alongside him.

I've been doing some research and it turns out Eadie is in the top three fastest fastest footballers in Australia, tied with Marika Koroibete (and Seabelo Senatla) and presumably behind James Roberts.

King I've replied to your discussion in the 2017 U20 World Cup Championships.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
I have also heard that GT 14's (next year 15's) have reinforced even further an already talented backline. In my opinion BBC 14's last year were equal best backline in the comp. The lads from TGS 14 A's this year were impressive, I think the best back line. The 9 and 10, 12 and 13 were very talented and the individual combinations worked very well. Word is they have a new 15 turning up this year on scholarship that is also something special. I believe the 9 / 10 / 12 / 13 are all on scholarship. Not sure why they have bought so many backs? In my opinion the few games I saw, size is what they lack in the forwards, tough but small.

TGS are building solid depth in this age group and will rival BBC next year, particularly in the backline. Exciting for the boys in years to come. I am predicting a TGS premiership in 2018 or 2019. Everyone will have forgotten my prediction by then anyway..... The drought breakers /rain makers age group.

Boom Crash

Stan Wickham (3)
I have also heard that GT 14's (next year 15's) have reinforced even further an already talented backline. In my opinion BBC 14's last year were equal best backline in the comp. The lads from TGS 14 A's this year were impressive, I think the best back line. The 9 and 10, 12 and 13 were very talented and the individual combinations worked very well. Word is they have a new 15 turning up this year on scholarship that is also something special. I believe the 9 / 10 / 12 / 13 are all on scholarship. Not sure why they have bought so many backs? In my opinion the few games I saw, size is what they lack in the forwards, tough but small.

TGS are building solid depth in this age group and will rival BBC next year, particularly in the backline. Exciting for the boys in years to come. I am predicting a TGS premiership in 2018 or 2019. Everyone will have forgotten my prediction by then anyway... The drought breakers /rain makers age group.

Blanco

Yeh I agree, GT will be very strong.
State High may not be as competitive with a few players leaving.
BBC will struggle too many league players in the forwards.
Nudgee should improve on last year.
IGS will be the team to beat if State High dont replace the players they have lost.

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
I apologize, I overlooked IGS, who were last years deserved premiers in the 14 A's. I only saw two of their games last year.

They were the best side this season, however I believe the other sides have greater skill base, in particular BBC / TGS / Nudgee and GT. Just a couple of years behind on the growth curve. Only time will tell.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Looking for confirmation of a departure of a player from the BBC u15 back line late this year. A very good player who will strengthen any First XV back line in 2017.

Keeper

Bob McCowan (2)
Looking for confirmation of a departure of a player from the BBC u15 back line late this year. A very good player who will strengthen any First XV back line in 2017.

Confirmed. Left BBC at end of term 3 to attend a state school and will front up at GT in 2017. Said player missed all of the 2016 season due to injury.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Confirmed. Left BBC at end of term 3 to attend a state school and will front up at GT in 2017. Said player missed all of the 2016 season due to injury.

yes a very very talented player.
Will join his younger cousins on scholarship at GT
Left BBC term 3 this year to get around the "headmasters agreement "on transferring to another GPS school.
Chalk that one up to Tommy B

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)

I do not think GT needed additional backs for the 2017 team. They should be focusing on strengthening their front row.

Boom Crash

Stan Wickham (3)
Has anyone Heard of a new Academy run by the ARU?
ARPA - Australian Rugby Performance Academy.

I have been told the top 30 15 year olds (2017) and top 10 coaches have been Invited to a 7 day ressidential camp in Sydney.

Cam anyone shed some light??

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
Has anyone Heard of a new Academy run by the ARU?
ARPA - Australian Rugby Performance Academy.

I have been told the top 30 15 year olds (2017) and top 10 coaches have been Invited to a 7 day ressidential camp in Sydney.

Cam anyone shed some light??

At the risk of continuing a topic that probably should be on another thread, a simple search found this information:

http://www.aru.com.au/coaching/ARPA

Basically 15-17 year olds willing to pay $3k. I can't imagine it would be limited to 30 players and there is no indication of numbers anyway.

So it would appear that 'the top 30 15 year olds...' is not accurate.

Edit: And; no 'invite'... it's on application.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Has a very "IRANZ" look and feel about it, which is a private company run by Murray Mexted back in NZ. The price is bang on the same too.

Old Red

Allen Oxlade (6)
At the risk of continuing a topic that probably should be on another thread, a simple search found this information:

Basically 15-17 year olds willing to pay $3k. I can't imagine it would be limited to 30 players and there is no indication of numbers anyway.

So it would appear that 'the top 30 15 year olds.' is not accurate.

Edit: And; no 'invite'. it's on application.

Heard around 40 boys are going out of 70+ applications.

Boom Crash

Stan Wickham (3)

So it would appear that 'the top 30 15 year olds.' is not accurate.

Edit: And; no 'invite'. it's on application.

Tashara.
Yes should have asked Dr Google first.

Boom Crash

Stan Wickham (3)
yes a very very talented player.
Will join his younger cousins on scholarship at GT
Left BBC term 3 this year to get around the "headmasters agreement "on transferring to another GPS school.
Chalk that one up to Tommy B

The young bloke probably not the last to leave.
An unhappy camp in that age and the grades below.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
The young bloke probably not the last to leave.
An unhappy camp in that age and the grades below.

Absolute rubbish. You are shit stirring.
His cousins play in my sons RL team.His mom told he was happy at BBC -but they will not offer 100% plus uniform like GT now does.Having won 3 premierships and lost only 2 games in 4 years , she had nothing but good things to say about coaching and program at BBC -
Great player-huge get for GT.

I do admire their stance but it will not help BBC win a 1st xv premiership and is the same reason the number 10 at TSS went there rather than to BBC with his WA mates(the Ngamanu boys).

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
So is it fair to say, the "Headmasters agreement" is basically redundant? It just costs a term at State School to launder the swap? Game on!

Status
Not open for further replies.