• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Tank

Herbert Moran (7)
Funaki,ford-stevens,oyelodi,siolo, Metusula- this is Terace we are talking about?The school with no boarding house who for years asked if other schools PI boys knew the school war-cry .
Mmmm interesting.

The school was asking that? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Possible Line-up for GT 2017
1. White
2. Dobbins
3. Galis
4. Gassman
5. Hearne
6. Howard
7. Roach
8. Wilson
9. Matchett
10. Li Grande
11. JJ
12. Ford Srevens
13. Metusela
14. Cross
15. Hartland

Some misreads here.

Hearne isn't a second rower although if Wilson jumps, so too does gassman and they will find a nifty 3rd jumper. It worked last year with Tweedy, Webster and co in the backrow. Matchett has some major competition at 9 with Kirk and Siolo also plays there. Same with Lo Grande re Siolo. Hartland would be lucky to play at this rate with Ralston either playing there or at 13. if they move him to 13, Metusela moves to wing. Funaka should also be in the mix in the front row.

Plenty of depth this year, but not as many great starters if you know what I mean

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
You used the word " poached " not me .and it is pure coincedence that:
1)he spent one semester at local high school after leaving BBC and before joining GT;
2) his cousin is at GT on a scholarship plus uniform.

Call a spade a spade will you- good luck to GT if they can bend the rules.

How generous and compassionate of GT to take these poor, discontented young lads into their arms. Very Christian, and what a stroke of good luck that they all happened to land on GT's front door together, each overlooking any other potential rugby school. Quite fortunate for all parties concerned.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
My top 4 for 2017:
  1. TSS
  2. Nudgee
  3. BSHS
  4. BBC
BSHS will surprise a few. If they can find a way to win a fair share of their lineout then I think they will be super competitive.
Moses Alo-Emile will captain the boys to a repeat stand alone Premier, along with Anesta, Clinton and Stan da man.. Jordan P, Jared C and Isaac will be highly effective in putting points on teams this year.

Bladerunner

Frank Nicholson (4)
There is plenty of depth to this group, I think they are going to have trouble with the front row, they looked very unfit, but it was the first real hit out, with the addition of Condon to the lock and the 1st players from last year that sat out it will be a much better side. GT has some tough calls to make some very good kids are going to miss out which will also make for a very good seconds team. I also thought the second half 9 can't be dismissed, he was behind a pack that was getting belted,his pass both ways was better and faster than the first half 9, I watched him last year when he came on in the second half against BBC and he dominated the game, I hadn't seen him before but he can play. Back row is going to be interesting with the grade 11 fella putting his hand up and white moving to prop even though he did play in that position the other night.
All in all some good problems for GT it will be interesting to see the final team, i think it's a fine line between right and wrong for them this year

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
http://www.betootaadvocate.com/spor...n-says-polynesian-kids-play-older-age-groups/

Overprotective local dad, Angus Harvey-Ross, believes the fact that his son is not good at contact sports should be resolved by legislating against the inclusion of stockier Samoan and Tongan kids in the under 10’s age group.

The ‘rugby-mad’ banking executive says he thought that spending $25,000 per year on private school fees would mean that his son would be safe from the riff raff of the Logan football.

“How these kids got into the GPS comp to begin with is beyond me” he snarls, with unrelenting elitism.

“They should really be playing in older age divisions. It just ruins the fun for the other, normal kids”

While still recovering from his son’s side being thrashed by 70 points this morning, Angus says when it comes to huge, naturally gifted Polynesian kids, they should be playing in weight divisions.

“It’s just not fair” he says, before venturing into casual racism.

“Most of them don’t even have birth certificates”

“In the islands they just guess their ages”

“Short of bone marrow testing, I think weight divisions are the way to go”

When asked if that means that little bitch kids like his son would have to play down an age group, he is says of course not.

“The normal 9-year-olds aren’t hurting anyone. It’s only a certain type that need to go up with the bigger boys”

“Either that or they can just wait until the other kids grow a bit before they start playing with them”

GeorgeAnderson

Bob McCowan (2)
Nudgee Talk
Heard a few rumours about the blue and white and was wondering if someone could answer them
Joe Small playing 12?
Ryan Shepard out for the season?
New big winger?

MrFootyLegend123

Stan Wickham (3)
Nudgee Talk
Heard a few rumours about the blue and white and was wondering if someone could answer them
Joe Small playing 12?
New big winger?

I also heard that Small might be playing at 12. Seems a waste with his talent in the back row. Likewise, I also had gathered that Shepard was out for the season so interesting scenes coming out of Nudgee.

Tall Paul

Stan Wickham (3)
Soccer used to be a niche sport. AFL too in some states. The fact is both have gone past Union since we won Bill in 99. Rugby hasn't run itself holistically on and off the field. Full of factions and agendas (that Soccer used to be plagued by until they removed the ethnicity from team names) and lacking any long term vision.

A few recent rule changes and it's a great game to watch but Rugby lacks colour off the field. 95% of the publicity of rugby league is about what's happening off the field FFS! The on field product is goodish but the growth in the air time it now gets is because of the gossip it creates outside of the actual games. The scandals, the contract breakers, the gamblers, the drugs, the sex, the shoddy administrators, the crowd incidents, the big deals, the club dramas etc etc.

The last decent drama rugby had was when the ex-QLD coach was doing a bit of Vernon Philandering with the team Physio! Even Aaron Smith's airport antics with a groupie didn't get talked about for long. A few embarrassed tears and an apology and it was gone.

Kicking out a club franchise is no big drama either. League did that 15 years ago with Souths! That's about how many years rugby is now behind every other winter ball code.

Look at the world we live in. Can't one of the wallabies go and do something dramatic off field that is not saving endangered species in Zimbabwe? Where is James O'C when you need him? Both good GPS boys!

Well said Harry. the most drama Australian Rugby has experianced in recent years was Michael Hooper pushing over a sign post up in byron Bay in 2014. Apparently he went back and straightend the post later on. All Good.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Nudgee Talk
Joe Small playing 12?
New big winger?

all correct.New big winger is a fijian boy. About 6 foot 4 and 100kg. Very quick .Nice boy.

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
I am going to have a go at 16 A's and 15 A's this season. Just so I have it in writing, if I am correct at the end of the season, for potential gloating purposes only.

BBC
Nudgee
TSS
GT
TGS
Ipswich
BSHS
Grammar
Churchie

And 15 A's

GT
BBC
TGS
Ipswich
Nudgee
TSS
BSHS
Churchie
Grammar

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
I am going to have a go at 16 A's and 15 A's this season. Just so I have it in writing, if I am correct at the end of the season, for potential gloating purposes only.

And 15 A's

GT
BBC
TGS
Ipswich
Nudgee
TSS
BSHS
Churchie
Grammar

I think you might be right in 16 A as NC and BBC came 1st and 2nd last year and NC have a lot more in firsts than BBC.I understand no 15A forwards from 2016 in their firsts.
But in 15 A-How does GT go from 4th to 1st.:??
And BSHS 1st to 7th??

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
I think you might be right in 16 A as NC and BBC came 1st and 2nd last year and NC have a lot more in firsts than BBC.I understand no 15A forwards from 2016 in their firsts.
But in 15 A-How does GT go from 4th to 1st.:??
And BSHS 1st to 7th??

The good players from the BSHS 14 A's don't get off the train at Vulture St station anymore, they now get the bus to Gregory Terrace. However you are right I may have pushed them too far down.

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)

BBC
Nudgee
TSS
GT
TGS
Ipswich
BSHS
Grammar
Churchie

And 15 A's

GT
BBC
TGS
Ipswich
Nudgee
TSS
BSHS
Churchie
Grammar

You seem to have a lot of intel-how do you see the 1st xv?.
PS- I will put my house on TSS winning undefeated in 2nd xv.

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
The good players from the BSHS 14 A's don't get off the train at Vulture St station anymore, they now get the bus to Gregory Terrace. However you are right I may have pushed them too far down.

That is not good for BSHS -I saw that team last year & it was red hot.

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
You seem to have a lot of intel-how do you see the 1st xv?.
PS- I will put my house on TSS winning undefeated in 2nd xv.

The only team that might get close to the TSS 2nds are the TSS 3rds. TSS and Nudgee and daylight third for the 1st's, and my intel is shakey at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.