• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
The only team that might get close to the TSS 2nds are the TSS 3rds. TSS and Nudgee and daylight third for the 1st's, and my intel is shakey at best.

Yes - I am afraid you are correct.
Keep us up to date with your intel on lower grades.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The good players from the BSHS 14 A's don't get off the train at Vulture St station anymore, they now get the bus to Gregory Terrace. However you are right I may have pushed them too far down.

Bianco,
The least you can do is get your assumptions half accurate. ONLY 2 boys left BSHS for GT. One was a regular in 14A's the other in and out of B's. One went to league.
Anyway it is funny. . . BSHS will finish top 2, I think GT will go well and will be competitive. . top 4 finish.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Bianco,
The least you can do is get your assumptions half accurate. ONLY 2 boys left BSHS for GT. One was a regular in 14A's the other in and out of B's. One went to league.
Anyway it is funny. BSHS will finish top 2, I think GT will go well and will be competitive. . top 4 finish.
You are correct sir and I don't disagree too much

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
Bianco,
Anyway it is funny. BSHS will finish top 2, I think GT will go well and will be competitive. . top 4 finish.

Lets see

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Bianco,

So you have told us 2nd and 4 th - can you fill in the gaps.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
I think you might be right in 16 A as NC and BBC came 1st and 2nd last year and NC have a lot more in firsts than BBC.I understand no 15A forwards from 2016 in their firsts.
But in 15 A-How does GT go from 4th to 1st.:??
And BSHS 1st to 7th??

You seem to be forgetting that it appears that up to 5 or 6 of that sensational BBC 15A backline of last year will be in the firsts and the best of them left and went to league.unless they play 10 man rugby - i cant see that being as good as last year.no doubt the 10 will be in the firsts as well .

John Locke

Bob McCowan (2)
Coming into the season, I thought that there would realisticslly be a three team battle for the title; Nudgee, TSS and Churchie. But I feel as if Nudgee have dropped out of that race. Every good team has a solid 10 and Nudgee haven't established one. This could be a real danger. While I have heard reassurance that Shepard is fit and will be playing, other talk will cloud the camp. Small front row and limited line out jumpers don't bode well with me. I wouldn't put money on the 1st XV at Nudgee.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Coming into the season, I thought that there would realisticslly be a three team battle for the title; Nudgee, TSS and Churchie. But I feel as if Nudgee have dropped out of that race. Every good team has a solid 10 and Nudgee haven't established one. This could be a real danger. While I have heard reassurance that Shepard is fit and will be playing, other talk will cloud the camp. Small front row and limited line out jumpers don't bode well with me. I wouldn't put money on the 1st XV at Nudgee.

Good summary.
I think you a re the only person on this forum to suggest ACGS as a top 3 in first xv.
Yes they had a reasonable 16 A team but the last 2 years tells us that this does not equate to a strong 1stxv- when most of TSS firsts will be 18 years old.
Yes- they have brought in 3 or 4 new boys and one has left.
I cant see a single x factor player apart from injury prone 13..
Who is the solid 10 in ACGS?
Be interested in your reasoning.

Also are the 6 new boys at TGS -league or rugby boys? If the former it will take 12 months to adjust.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Just spotted an interesting team sheet from back in 2015.

The South Coast U15’s won the Queensland Secondary Schools Rugby League Grand Final 30 – 4 in 2015. These were some of the names in the squad.

Phransis Siaosi (Nudgee)
Ronan Kapi (Southport)
Daejarn Asi (Brisbane Grammar)
Dennis Waight (Brisbane Grammar)
Reno Gerrard (Southport)

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)

One of the quirks of this age group coming through in 2017 is probably a lack of depth in the front row and flyhalf positions. Unlike last year when there were a plethora of talent pushing in these positions. So I would not be writing NC off from a top 2 position just yet.

I think the NC halfback will be more of a playmaker this year and the positional move of Small to 2nd five eight indicates that talent in the Nudgee back row with Bullemor, Woods and Tautau challenging for spots

Agree with Gungenia on his view of ACGS.

I think BSHS will be a surprise and top 3 contender as they will have by far the best front row in the comp (barring injuries) and have the potential to starve opposition of any decent ball by the pressure they put on in set pieces and dominance over the ball.

Still yet to see any Head to head from any school - so still early days on finalizing ladder predictions.

Sean McCain

Stan Wickham (3)
Table predictions for 2017

1. BGS - A talented backline with a lot of new boys. Keen to see what the new upcoming fullback Harry Conias has to offer, also tight head prop William Ross has gained some noticeable size and could heavily impact the forward pack.
2. IGS
3. TGS
4. NC - A lot of depth in the side with a new fly half from Roma Will Golder ready to prove his worth. Word has it that Golder has been talking to multiple league and union clubs.
5. GT
6. BSHS
7. TSS
8. BBC
9. Churchie - weak performance last season, 16A's were strong but might struggle at first level.

Old Rugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good summary.
I think you a re the only person on this forum to suggest ACGS as a top 3 in first xv.
Yes they had a reasonable 16 A team but the last 2 years tells us that this does not equate to a strong 1stxv- when most of TSS firsts will be 18 years old.
Yes- they have brought in 3 or 4 new boys and one has left.
I cant see a single x factor player apart from injury prone 13..
Who is the solid 10 in ACGS?
Be interested in your reasoning.

Also are the 6 new boys at TGS -league or rugby boys? If the former it will take 12 months to adjust.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)

1. BGS - A talented backline with a lot of new boys. Keen to see what the new upcoming fullback Harry Conias has to offer, also tight head prop William Ross has gained some noticeable size and could heavily impact the forward pack.
2. IGS
3. TGS
4. NC - A lot of depth in the side with a new fly half from Roma Will Golder ready to prove his worth. Word has it that Golder has been talking to multiple league and union clubs.
5. GT
6. BSHS
7. TSS
8. BBC
9. Churchie - weak performance last season, 16A's were strong but might struggle at first level.

You talking about the 7Bs or 1st xv?

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)

2. IGS
3. TGS
5. GT
6. BSHS
7. TSS
8. BBC
Ah McCain you've done it again!

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Notwithstanding McCain's optimism I do expect Grammar to have the highest rate of improvement ( off their base )over the next season or two

Status
Not open for further replies.