• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
I heard boys from BBC are not too far from recovery. Gee I can't wait to see their pack back to full strength. They playing well enough as it is!! Hope their backs are up for a good percentage of ball?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
BBC beat ACGS 5 tries to 1.
BBC forwards dominated-neither backline showed much.

BBC 8 best on field by a mile .

John Locke

Bob McCowan (2)
NC vs BSHS trial today ended 72-0 in Nudgee's favour. I know there is daylight between NC & TSS and everyone else, but what does this mean for the quality of Rugby in the GPS this season?

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
BBC beat ACGS 5 tries to 1.
BBC forwards dominated-neither backline showed much.

BBC 8 best on field by a mile .

Fair summary. No surprises -when BBC have their no 1 forward pack on the paddock the will be a handful-but a young inexperienced backline will make mistakes. A good win by BBC in 2nds as well.
The boy playing 8 today was not Cullen N in GPS 1 but Kibble who is 7 in GPS 2.
Neither Xavier or Cullen (in GPS 1) played.- both injured.
12 for ACGS tried hard. Is it just me or do a few of the ACGS forwards look a little unfit?

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
:
NC vs BSHS trial today ended 72-0 in Nudgee's favour. I know there is daylight between NC & TSS and everyone else, but what does this mean for the quality of Rugby in the GPS this season?

It means what Countryjack has warned of-when some schools are tested for depth TSS & NC will put huge scores on in the 1st xv and cricket scores in 2nd xv.
I will not be surprised if we see 100 points in a 2nd xv match

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Tough start for the new coaching team at BSHS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Fair summary. No surprises -when BBC have their no 1 forward pack on the paddock the will be a handful-but a young inexperienced backline will make mistakes. A good win by BBC in 2nds as well.
The boy playing 8 today was not Cullen N in GPS 1 but Kibble who is 7 in GPS 2.
Neither Xavier or Cullen (in GPS 1) played.- both injured.
12 for ACGS tried hard. Is it just me or do a few of the ACGS forwards look a little unfit?

12 for Churchie = Drekwon Brown -new to school this year

He be beast

Great dual today with Tetuai Raoren

Both players equipped themselves well

CM1603

Bob McCowan (2)
Happened to see Nudgee vs State High and the new grade 10 kid at NC, Reesjan Pasitoa at flyhallf. He's a great player who takes on the line hard, looking forward to see him play Queensland schoolboys in the next couple years, potentially Aussie schoolboys.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Happened to see Nudgee vs State High and the new grade 10 kid at NC, Reesjan Pasitoa at flyhallf. He's a great player who takes on the line hard, looking forward to see him play Queensland schoolboys in the next couple years, potentially Aussie schoolboys.

Not much to boast about that game. BSH are the shadow of last years champs. They cancelled 16's and 2nds games cause they didint have enough to back up for the 1st on saturday.
BSHS scrum looked solid and even pinched a TH against the mighty B&W.
Year 11 boys were in for a huge rude awakening. 1st XV rugby is not a walk in the park. Good to see BSHS winger Jordan P from last year out there playing fullback though he left the field after 20 minutes... hope hes ok.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
quote="Digby2016, post: 942419, member: 57490"]:
It means what Countryjack has warned of-when some schools are tested for depth TSS & NC will put huge scores on in the 1st xv and cricket scores in 2nd xv.
I will not be surprised if we see 100 points in a 2nd xv match[/quote]

With the number of high quality new boys coming into grade 11 at those 2(NC &TSS) schools -then the only way to compete is:
1) mass imports (8 ) like ACGS 2013 to win in 20014;
2) 3 or 4 superstars and minimal injuries (ACGS used 18 players in 2015 -ditto BSHS & GT in 2016).GT & BSHS came 9th & 8th in 2nd xv in 2016 but 2nd and 1st in 1st xv-so luck can play a part.

Status
Not open for further replies.