• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Hey G.O. Keep your shirt on pal!, I may have spoken outta line but the team and especially the captain were gutted as were the supporters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure . Understandable and all good

Win together . Lose together .

Either way they got to shoulder it

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Couple of things to remember here folks.

Firstly, they are schoolboys and they will make schoolboy errors. Don't think any First XV team playing over the weekend would have missed 48 tackles , that is a real reason to get upset!

Secondly, a lot of what gets said on this site eventually gets back to the boys you are discussing, so maybe think about the possible effect this might have. I have a lad in this years comp ( not playing at BBC ) and the boys move on pretty well after the initial disappointment of a loss. They certainly don't feel the need to name and shame those who might have for whatever reason had a below par game. Quite mature for schoolboys really!

Lastly , First XV is an U18 competition and 15 year olds are not permitted to play. 16 year olds have to apply for clearance from the ARU to play due to the 2 year age window, if there were U15s on the bench for BBC there should not have been.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
. . then there was that other gps game streamed live by DT.
My preview:
The wind was not a factor in this one. BSHS just demolished IGS in the forwards and the backline with J Petaia (taking over at fullback from Murray Taulagi) last year were simply too powerful for Cooper and the Ippy boys.

The 9& 10 for Ippy tried hard but not much else. Viliami also tried but too many passengers in the forwards and backs reacted poorly to SH's attack.
BSH dominated every other facet of the set pieces, allowing the back3 to do their thing.

Moses A and Clinton M were destructive runners and it was great to see the yr 11 boys gaining confidence.
Sef (lock) Francis(10), Gideon(13) and the winger(11) will set the foundation for a strong program for 2018.

The score of 42:12 did reflect BSHS dominance as they did against ACGS the wk before.

I think BSHS will take a few more scalps yet. . . :)

* Some really sad news from the game the hard hitting Christian T(12) has a fractured 'neck bone' .
The most bravery act and gutsy Ive seen (playing with the injury sustained in the first half) to complain of pins and needles once the ref blew full-time.

But at what price??

Perhaps something gps managers and trainers should observe along with the refs a lot more, as these kids are only starting out their potential rugby careers.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Everyone, I've just nuked a bunch of posts and banned a couple of posters.

Nomad said it well above. These guys are kids. Remember that. This isn't a closed forum it is public and anyone can read it. School can be a shitty place at the best of time, and it doesn't help when a bunch of anonymous fools bad mouth kids on some web site.

Make no mistake we will shut the forum down if it continues.

In the meantime, re-read the rules and speak respectfully about these KIDS.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/rules-of-the-schoolboy-forum.5407/

Usedup

Bob McCowan (2)
Just wondering if there were any other GPS 1st XV games on or did the results get blown away in the wind. All the talk is about NC - BBC and not much about the other 3 games.
Living out here we sort of rely on the greenandgold forum as impossible to download any of the games on DT

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
My memory may not be spot on here but I think they scored a try following that kick for line Taipan but not certain on that.

Gordon played well for a guy reportedly carrying an injury - he obviously was not confident about his kicking or he would have opted for the shot - should be a backup kicker in the side anyway, he has a lot of pressure thrust upon him and carries it pretty well overall.

The penalty I am refering to is at 67min 52 sec mark on video.
See link. Listen to commenters discussing penalty difficulty..centre field.
BBC coach opted for lineout and possible try.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
The BBC 15A's were underwhelming to say the least. They relied on a few moments of individual brilliance to secure a win in a tightly contested match that they arguably did not deserve.

BBC's 'stars' in the forward packs work ethic was questionable and 'stars' in the back line execution was poor.

NC back line 12-15 - Impressive.

11 and 15 are best . These two would come close to , if not being , the best in the comp at their positions. The 13 is a wildcard and a mercurial type of opportunist - seems to make things happen ( last year and this year )

The forward pack were good and vastly improved from Round 1....the dark haired 7 was earnest and the Coaches seem to use him in a few different ways which is interesting

But here is the thing ....

Nudgee never looked liked scoring . BBC had 65% possession in the first half and played a perfect first 10 minutes and then sort of went flat and went away from the fundamentals and tried to hit home run plays in everything they were doing - hence the error rate and ultimately 2 tries on errors in the second half

In the first half the midfield was broken off a big line break twice off set piece / structured phase play from memory and there were 4 occasions Nudgee were in the strike zone and spilled it once and then on 3 x others occasions couldn't protect their attack ball with BBC securing 3 x Forced Penalty Turnovers

And that was pretty much it for Nudgee with the exception of some exceptionally strong broken play running from the left winger

Handling errors and forcing the issue within themselves led to a less than stellar display from the BBC 15's , and in truth , this has been a couple of weeks in the making - so it was probably the type of game they had to have

Of note though , through 5 games , on average , they are only giving up their attack ball 1.2 x a game . Not bad for supposedly "star" forwards ( or midfield backs for that matter ) that won't support their ball carrier and get a body over the ball

They got some good players and that will probably end up being their best game of the season - but to suggest Nudgee deserved to win the game is pretty fanciful

The boys will move on and quietly wait for Ross Oval in 2 years time

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Nudgee lineout got totally dominated by BBC #5 Trevor Hosea.
Why did it take so long for NC coaches to switch to short
lineouts?
NC will have to resort to short lineouts against TSS (Round 8).
Otherwise, Van Der Schyff (TSS) will starve NC from possession.
Set plays will be crucial towards beating TSS.
No cheap penalties for TSS #10 Campbell Parata.
He can kick penalties from halfway.
TSS forward pack is probably the heaviest, but will tire towards end of game.
NC flankers Bullermor and Moseley will then come into play.
Take note Nudgee coaches.
TSS are not invincible at Home.
IGS beat them (Round3).
Looking forward to 'Grand Final' Round 8 Sept 2 on Gold Coast.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
NC Team list - Might have wrong numbers i.e. second rowers wrong way round or wingers

1. Harry Vella

2. Tom Forde

3. Phransis Siasiola

4. Cayle Manu

5. Matt Englebrecht

6. Ethan Bullemore

7. Hayden Mosely

8. Bailey Tautau

9. Phoenix Hunt (c)

10. Reesjan Pasitoa

11. Ryan Shepherd

12. Joe Small

13. Tom Blackmore

14. Ethan Robbins

15. Jangala Bennett

NC #5 Harrison Cannon out for rest of season

Realist

Chris McKivat (8)
In an effort to move the discussion around. Had a look at the TGS/Churchie game, I thought Churchie deserved the win they were the best of two ordinary teams on the day. TGS gave them a game but I feel they were well below their best. I have heard that the TGS coach was less then impressed and made it know in the shed after the game and he is a guy that takes a bit to upset. He also said that their will be changes to the team for next week so will be interesting to see what happens there.

Taipan

Chris McKivat (8)
ACGS First XV team list v TGS Round 6.
Churchie base their game around pick n drive and rolling maul.
Very fit mobile forward pack.
Nudgee can not afford to take them lightly.
Players to watch #13 Tristan Stanghon, #3 John Tominiko, #14 Jacob Mullen.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Taipan

Chris McKivat (8)
ACGS First XV
5f0bd42ac1beab7247383bd209fb0ced.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Having not seen TSS or BBC lineouts, so far the ACGS lineout has been outstanding stealing opposition ball. ACGS just need to be more consistent and not get spooked by some of the larger player running around. The backrow are making a mountain of tackles and the hooker is punching way above his weigh in defence.
TGS were reliant on their big Number 8 but he didn't quite take off in the game.

Nightstalker

Bob McCowan (2)
Aust Schools new players
Just wondering if all these backs are out or injured
Hamiso tabuai
Clyde Rappilla
Jangalla bennett
Villiami lea
Not to mention the outher outside backs selected for Qld 1 and 2 from non GPS schools

Status
Not open for further replies.