• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOSJBW

Peter Burge (5)
NC vs ACGS

NC has unmatched defence and will keep church within their own half for most of the game. I expect churhcie to get a bit of a roll with the pick n drives until hayden mosley gets in the breakdown with the turnover. Nudgee have got them in the back with Joe Small going to be making some strong carries up the middle and pace on the outside in Ethan Robbins. Churchie might have a few good moments here and there but I don't think they can compete with nudgee.
NC - 17

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
Decision making aside, BBC were very physical against Nudgee but came up short. While there may not be any 'superstars' in the NC side, they are collectively skilful, tough and resolute. I can't see anyone aside from TSS beating them. Teams should avoid attacking their midfield. Nudgee are adaptable, changing the way they defended the breakdown as the BBC game wore on so any team hoping to beat them will need to be responsive to that. They will need a plan B. The NC V TSS game promises to be one for the ages.
Going back to the "best 15 players so far" posts and I am surprised more NC players aren't nominated. Teams win games in the forwards so someone (more than the breakaways) are playing above their weight. I haven't seen enough of their games to say who; does anyone want to throw out some names?

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thank you Taipan for the draw.
NC v ACGS : NC to win. Again. By 12
BGS v GT: GT by 11
BBC v BSHS: BBC by 7 (but turn this around if BSHS can match BBC in the lineout. I dont think they will though).
TGS v IGS: TGS by 10 (When will they get a Doubletake game?)

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
Where are Warren Wobble's Predictions? Some of the best politically incorrect humour going around. The sort of thing Bill Leak would have written if he was still with us!

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
As far as I can tell, the process has been reasonably extensive and handled with the correct motivations and intentions by the QRU. I am sure there are a few omissions and no doubt a few surprises, it would be a difficult task, and everyone is going to have a slightly different selection and opinion.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
NC v ACGS
BGS v GT
BBC v BSHS
TGS v IGS

TheKing's Rd 7 Tips: 18/24 (75%)

Still yet to hit that perfect round! Hopefully my luck is better in round seven.

Nudgee's lineout will be under attack for the second week in a row, but I think we'll see them win a tight one. 19-13 sounds about right.

Gregory Terrace have the firepower to really take it to BGS, but I suspect there won't be as sharp a difference between the two as last year. GT by 18.

BBC should have won last week, but BSHS appear to improving week by week. This should be a ripper fixture. BBC by 12.

I'll be back TGS over IGS, but this should also be a mouthwatering clash. Hopefully someone who watches it can report back on what went down.

I've also dug up a great shot from the archives. Future Queensland Reds hooker Alex Mafi busting out of the tackle of future Jeeps' fourth grade hooker Michael Murray, back in 2013. If that doesn't show off the great divide in the GPS rugby arms race from a while back, nothing will.

21056053_1965041720446082_7145689580275157103_o.jpg

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
TheKing's Rd 7 Tips: 18/24 (75%)

I've also dug up a great shot from the archives. Future Queensland Reds hooker Alex Mafi busting out of the tackle of future Jeeps' fourth grade hooker Michael Murray, back in 2013. If that doesn't show off the great divide in the GPS rugby arms race from a while back, nothing will.

View attachment 9691
Teams come and go. It was only 5 years ago that Grammar won the comp. Sometimes we all forget that these are schools and their primary role is education

Pinetree

Frank Nicholson (4)
As far as I can tell, the process has been reasonably extensive and handled with the correct motivations and intentions by the QRU. I am sure there are a few omissions and no doubt a few surprises, it would be a difficult task, and everyone is going to have a slightly different selection and opinion.
Was informed by a reliable source that a QRU coach involved with the 16s and the JGC selections has a lad in the JGC squad the source said that its hard to spot as they have different names apparently hes a fantastic coach and his lad is a solid player having recently moved from the backs to the forwards. But QRU need to be seen as impartial in all of its selection processes or you end up with disgruntled parents justified or not
Are there 14 years old lads in here? Taking the place of a 15 year old

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
BBC 27 BSHS 21

Have to give State High a wrap they gave it all they had and were right in it until the final whistle. Their 6 & 15 were best on ground for both sides I thought.

Up 21-5 at half time after a very poor defensive effort by BBC if BSHS scored next you would think it was game over. However they could not penetrate at all though in the 2nd half whilst BBC got 4 tries mostly attributed to their forwards who ground away all day. Xavier T had obviously been given a rev up after an uninspiring performance last week when they really needed him and he improved both in attack and defence today.

Very scrappy affair overall really - no Carter Gordon at flyhalf for BBC today and they desperately need a goal kicker, scored 5 tries to 3 and only won by 6, fact is they have outscored every team with tries this year so goal kicking proving very very costly.

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
And then there was only 3 Undefeated teams in Senior school comp
1stxv -NC

15A - BBC
13A - BBC

tough tough wins for BBC 13A and 15A today .

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
Going back to the "best 15 players so far" posts and I am surprised more NC players aren't nominated. Teams win games in the forwards so someone (more than the breakaways) are playing above their weight. I haven't seen enough of their games to say who; does anyone want to throw out some names?

Wow - That BSHS 15 is sensational - has to be in the top group .

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
what happened to GT today. ?
I see the BGS fullback scored all his teams points .
BBC very flat today - ugly win . 5 tries - 1 conversion- all too familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.