• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
BBC 27 BSHS 21

Have to give State High a wrap they gave it all they had and were right in it until the final whistle. Their 6 & 15 were best on ground for both sides I thought.

Up 21-5 at half time after a very poor defensive effort by BBC if BSHS scored next you would think it was game over. However they could not penetrate at all though in the 2nd half whilst BBC got 4 tries mostly attributed to their forwards who ground away all day. Xavier T had obviously been given a rev up after an uninspiring performance last week when they really needed him and he improved both in attack and defence today.

Very scrappy affair overall really - no Carter Gordon at flyhalf for BBC today and they desperately need a goal kicker, scored 5 tries to 3 and only won by 6, fact is they have outscored every team with tries this year so goal kicking proving very very costly.

good summary - BBC flatter than a McDonalds pancake.

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
State High got ripped off. The time clock at half time was on zero- time up. State High kicked out and headed for the break. The referee played on for another two minutes and BBC scored. If BSHS knew there was two minutes to go they would not kicked out. When I asked the ref at half time he says the clock is never right this ground. Well why have it??? Why not inform the players there is still time to go and ignore the clock. Either have the time clock or the referees watch - don't have both. I did notice that he was happy to blow the whistle on full time when the clock had reached zero at full time. Ordinary to say the least.

Homer Dog

Bob McCowan (2)
Was informed by a reliable source that a QRU coach involved with the 16s and the JGC selections has a lad in the JGC squad the source said that its hard to spot as they have different names apparently hes a fantastic coach and his lad is a solid player having recently moved from the backs to the forwards. But QRU need to be seen as impartial in all of its selection processes or you end up with disgruntled parents justified or not
Are there 14 years old lads in here? Taking the place of a 15 year old
Pine tree don't let the facts get in the way of a good story, your post is very close to being defamatory. The bloke your talking about isn't employed by the QRU and has nothing to do with the junior gold selection process. So how about you grow a set and post an appropriate retraction before so one comes after you in court.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
State High got ripped off. The time clock at half time was on zero- time up. State High kicked out and headed for the break. The referee played on for another two minutes and BBC scored. If BSHS knew there was two minutes to go they would not kicked out. When I asked the ref at half time he says the clock is never right this ground. Well why have it??? Why not inform the players there is still time to go and ignore the clock. Either have the time clock or the referees watch - don't have both. I did notice that he was happy to blow the whistle on full time when the clock had reached zero at full time. Ordinary to say the least.

Watch it again mate - ref was very impartial and did a good job all day although it took a whilst to get used to his long advantages lapsing.

I know it hurts to lose when your side played their guts out but you should never rely on the scoreboard it's the ref who keeps time and he called time off for your guys injuries very clearly but the timekeeper for the new scoreboard was not in synch.

State high played well and that was about the only mistake your fullback made all day.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

The ref is the sole time keeper. No ground clock matters. It's his timing only.

Pinetree

Frank Nicholson (4)
Pine tree don't let the facts get in the way of a good story, your post is very close to being defamatory. The bloke your talking about isn't employed by the QRU and has nothing to do with the junior gold selection process. So how about you grow a set and post an appropriate retraction before so one comes after you in court.

Whoa whoa whoa defamitory - court?
Coaching QRU junior team - yes fact
Involved with coaching set up - yes fact
Lad in QRU JGC team - yes fact
Names mentioned - no

Retract the rest - yes done

No need to take offense or the grow a set comment.
Apparently its common knowledge but in my opinion it shouldnt be allowed at this level buts just my opinion

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Credit to all of High's teams today

Whilst the scorecard may not have been in their favour - everything I saw was that they were all up for it

Good tough competitive Rugby - well done to all

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
I totally agree ... the games in.the 13-15 A were the best I've seen all season... I even walk passed the two main recruitment people from both schools and they were very happy with the competition across the day .... the BBC 1st coach agreed that state high were great but gave credit to his blokes for grinding out a win... if you compare how NC went against us the week before and how state high went .
. STATE HIGH ARE IN FRONT ...in my opinion ... in As ... but it's just rugby and schoolboys at that... enjoying rugby for all the right reasons ...

Old Rugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
what happened to GT today. ?
I see the BGS fullback scored all his teams points .
BBC very flat today - ugly win . 5 tries - 1 conversion- all too familiar.
The GT lineout was terrible. Windy day but kept throwing long to the back. Missed target about 8 times. Backline tried hard but was very predictable. Wilson heavily marked. Best for GT was 15. Best for BGS was 3.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
I totally agree . the games in.the 13-15 A were the best I've seen all season. I even walk passed the two main recruitment people from both schools and they were very happy with the competition across the day .. the BBC 1st coach agreed that state high were great but gave credit to his blokes for grinding out a win. if you compare how NC went against us the week before and how state high went .
. STATE HIGH ARE IN FRONT .in my opinion . in As . but it's just rugby and schoolboys at that. enjoying rugby for all the right reasons .

I agree- that top of table showdown in 13A was an astonishly high standard.Do not know names- but keep eyes out for BBC 10'and BSHS 8 in those teams.And guess what - they can kick for goal !

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
I agree- that top of table showdown in 13A was an astonishly high standard.Do not know names- but keep eyes out for BBC 10'and BSHS 8 in those teams.And guess what - they can kick for goal !

I thought the 13A game was a much better spectacle than the 1st XV. I could not believe the quality of both teams attack, defence with the BBC kicking game and big backs the difference.

14A was a ground out battle of solid defence.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
BBC 27 BSHS 21

Have to give State High a wrap they gave it all they had and were right in it until the final whistle. Their 6 & 15 were best on ground for both sides I thought.

I agree Oracle.
#6 Alex Shmidt imo has been close to being the best in the comp since switch from the backs less than 2 months ago.
#15 Jordan Petaia was my MoM. Im preedy sure hes the Aust schoolboys #13?

Some heavy contact and brilliant battles in the set pieces. BBC just had enough composure and a little help from my "friend" to get the victory and ensure the Old boys day goes to plan :) (said with a grain of salt).

It sets the stage for BSHS to aim up agains NC for their last game at home. Im sure a few other gps schools will be cheering with the Blue#RED#Blue army.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
having seen him destroy TSS in the 1st half and after watching the feed of BSHS v BBC yesterday - i have changed my mind. Jordan Petai is the best 1st xv player I have seen this year.
Certainly he and BGS 15 are the most exciting .
what a year for fullbacks with those 2 plus Dowd ( TSS ) and Bowyer ( BBC ).

TheRugbyGod

Stan Wickham (3)
BSHS vs BBC
BSHS were definitely in it to the end. An error from the guy that runs the clock on the scoreboard cost BSHS a try, and changed the momentum going into the second half.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
BSHS vs BBC
BSHS were definitely in it to the end. An error from the guy the runs the clock on the scoreboard cost BSHS a try, and changed the momentum going into the second half.

Following statement also made with a grain of salt, but whilst your no2 was injured and about to be taken to hospital but soon made a very strong recovery to return and play the last 40minutrs the ref had stopped the clock but the scoreboard had not for the full duration. It was pleasing to see him come back, and also hope the state high boy who hurt his neck in 13A is okay as well - the game was called full time early and a lot of the kids from both sides were quite perterbed.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Following statement also made with a grain of salt, but whilst your no2 was injured and about to be taken to hospital but soon made a very strong recovery to return and play the last 40minutrs the ref had stopped the clock but the scoreboard had not for the full duration. It was pleasing to see him come back, and also hope the state high boy who hurt his neck in 13A is okay as well - the game was called full time early and a lot of the kids from both sides were quite perterbed.

BSHS #2 Nesta should NEVER have gone back on . He was knocked out and imo was heavily concussed. managers, and trainers must be firmer in making the hard call. He came back off after 10 minutes going back in. He was groggy and complained of dizziness. I was absolutely annoyed at him being allowed back on. If professional level rugby are taking concussion issues seriously, it should be mandatory at school level to protect kids who would Not know whats best in those circumstances. If that was my child I would not hesitate going down and inform ing management not to put him back on after such a serious knock. B\
BSHS # 12 (was at the game yesterday) had a serious kneck brace suffered last week but was allowed to play on after being injured in the first half. Its a NO brainer schools rugby management have a duty of care to protect kids at all cost. Even referees should be given authority to have a concussion card lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.