• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
U
Yes BBC did win the following A's teams 15, 14 13 & 12 but if what behindthescene's said about"seeding" the younger teams with with top prospects, doesn't necessarily lead to success in the top team.
Also good to see BBC building a culture with the older "guys" assisting the young and impressionable, but be careful of knocking others methods (TSS), as they have been successful and at the top of the pile for at least 3 decades now.

I am a TSS parent & supporter.
I was not knocking anyone or school.Yes Nudgee is still the benchmark.Wow-would not want to hurt anyones feelings on that point.
The points I was making were:
1) it was a good effort to beat NC in 12A ,13A ,14A 15 A and 2nds on Ross oval.I do not think any other school has done that in a while: Correct me if I am wrong.
2)TSS have a great record in under 16 and opens for over a decade -their under 15 and below is woeful.Check out the under 11 and 12s this year -regularly beaten by 80 /90 points.
I am not a fan of the under 16 "drop -in method" & there are many like me.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Have no idea what the make up is at TSS, but the current year 10 is the first grade to come through with the "mixed " age groups due to Prep age intake being 30 June.

Once this year's Grade 10s hit senior, it will be the norm to have at least half your First XV turning 18 in that year and not just at TSS and maybe Nudgee.

Lute

Chris McKivat (8)
Congratulations on selections to the boys. I know some position. Can expert assist me out with other?

IGS: 11
Jack Webber
Konrad Wallace Gee,u should know them over there, they have been running past you on the way to the try line over the last few years
Nathan Weir - prop
Tom Tronc - lock
Christian Krause - 13
Ethan King - 15
Jamaine Laei - centre
Kalani Thomas - 9
Kedan Chan-tung - wing
Sam Walker - fly half
Seamus King-Smith - wing

BBC: 10
Connor Hayes -
George Gibson - 8
Hugo Purcival - lock
Jacob Blyton - lock
Jake Tierney - prop?
Jack Howarth - 15/13
Jack Kelly - 12
Lukas Ripley. - 15
Oryaan Kalolo - 10
Will Stevens -

NC: 6
Angus Mackay - lock
Johna Luka - 6
Athen Waia - wing
Lastus Aukai - 15
Titi Nofoagatatoa - 12
Tresman Banjo - centre/wing

BSHS: 6
Kai Johnstone - 7/6
Linston Tuimavave - 8 or prop
Tom Duke - lock or 8
Denver Taylor - 9
Genyr Diaz - wing
Sam Silli - 13

TSS: 4
Harry Vousty - hooker
Michael Van der Schyff - lock
Tom Mccormack
Hudson Meir - 15

TGS: 4
Hamish Muller
Baxter Franey - 10
Kai Rahui
Wilson Cochrane - 9

GT: 4
Charlie Condon - 6
Gus Dillman - 2
Jordan Bell -
Patrick Elelkana - 12/13/14

BGS: 2
James Peirce - 1
Lachlan Pheely - 3

ACGS:
Aidan King - hooker

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
I hear there are around 10 x Year 10's in the U16's and a couple in the Firsts

True or False Jack ?

All I will say is that it is not as many as last year.
But if we get another day on Saturday where we win every match from 16 D up ;
and lose every match from 15 A down I will be pissed.
It is bloody embarrassing.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
All I will say is that it is not as many as last year.
But if we get another day on Saturday where we win every match from 16 D up ;
and lose every match from 15 A down I will be pissed.
It is bloody embarrassing.

It's all Yin & Yang, just remember:

Accept your dark side, understanding it will help you to move with the light. Knowing both sides of our souls, helps us all to move forward in life and to understand that, perfection doesn't exist.
Martin R. Lemieux

SOSJBW

Peter Burge (5)
Congratulations on selections to the boys. I know some position. Can expert assist me out with other?

IGS: 11
Jack Webber
Konrad Wallace - 7
Nathan Weir - prop
Tom Tronc - lock
Christian Krause - 13
Ethan King - 15
Jamaine Laei - centre
Kalani Thomas - 9
Kedan Chan-tung - wing
Sam Walker - fly half
Seamus King-Smith - wing

BBC: 10
Connor Hayes -
George Gibson - 8
Hugo Purcival - lock
Jacob Blyton - lock
Jake Tierney - prop?
Jack Howarth - 15/13
Jack Kelly - 12
Lukas Ripley. - 15
Oryaan Kalolo - 10
Will Stevens -

NC: 6
Angus Mackay - lock
Johna Luka - 6
Athen Waia - wing
Lastus Aukai - 15
Titi Nofoagatatoa - 12
Tresman Banjo - centre/wing

BSHS: 6
Kai Johnstone - 7/6
Linston Tuimavave - 8 or prop
Tom Duke - lock or 8
Denver Taylor - 9
Genyr Diaz - wing
Sam Silli - 13

TSS: 4
Harry Vousty - hooker
Michael Van der Schyff - lock
Tom Mccormack
Hudson Meir - 15

TGS: 4
Hamish Muller
Baxter Franey - 10
Kai Rahui
Wilson Cochrane - 9

GT: 4
Charlie Condon - 6
Gus Dillman - 2
Jordan Bell -
Patrick Elelkana - 12/13/14

BGS: 2
James Peirce - 1
Lachlan Pheely - 3

ACGS:
Aidan King - hooker

Connor Hayes (BBC) - 6/7
Will Stevens (BBC) - 9
Angus Mackey (NC) - 6/7/8
John Luka (NC) - 1/8
Athen Waia (NC) - 15
Lastus Auakai (NC) - 13/15
Trezman Banjo (NC) - 11/14
Kai Rahue (TGS) - 13

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
With 2 more games to go, only two teams have a realistic chance at the 2017 championship.

NUDGEE COLLEGE: Is on top of the ladder with 6 wins from 6games. However (imo), they have used up their "get out of jail" free card against BBC. TSS with #10 Parata dictating play and will not hesitate to slot a penalty from anywhere to win the game.

The SOUTHPORT SCHOOL: Is very methodical in their approach to confidently win games. They will win their remaining games (in particular the main hurdle;NC) and will share the championship with NC.
unless. . .

BRISBANE STATE HIGH SCHOOL: They will finish somewhere in the middle. BUT they hold the key to NC aspirations for the championships. Their final game against the Blue& White army with be collosal. The game will be tense, with an electrifying atmosphere and of course complete pandamonium with parents passion creating havoc around Fursden colosium :) .

Also remember as Lionel Richie sang it. . .Youre once ,twice, THREE times a lady. . uuummm I meant 3 times mine will be BSHS's message, as they have beaten NC the last two years to deny the B&W rugby jauganaut from the North the title. .
Its the kind of twist blockbuster movies are made off.

TSS will win championship for 2017 :) . . sorry m,y NC buddies. .

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Connor Hayes (BBC) - 6/7
Will Stevens (BBC) - 9
Angus Mackey (NC) - 6/7/8
John Luka (NC) - 1/8
Athen Waia (NC) - 15
Lastus Auakai (NC) - 13/15
Trezman Banjo (NC) - 11/14
Kai Rahue (TGS) - 13
Interesting that you have Angus Mackey as a 6/7/8 .... I've seen him at lock at Club and in Met and thought he played there this season for Nudgee ??

Jack Webber , I think , plays Lock

Jordyn Bell is a utility . Playing 6 this year at GT but has played some 9, 10 and 15 at Club and School over the last couple years . FWIW I like him at 9 or 15. Under rated player with a good skill set

SOSJBW

Peter Burge (5)
Interesting that you have Angus Mackey as a 6/7/8 .. I've seen him at lock at Club and in Met and thought he played there this season for Nudgee ??

Jack Webber , I think , plays Lock

Jordyn Bell is a utility . Playing 6 this year at GT but has played some 9, 10 and 15 at Club and School over the last couple years . FWIW I like him at 9 or 15. Under rated player with a good skill set

I probably should have included 4/5 with him as well in met north, but he has never locked down for nudgee always in the back row

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
With 2 more games to go, only two teams have a realistic chance at the 2017 championship.

NUDGEE COLLEGE: Is on top of the ladder with 6 wins from 6games. However (imo), they have used up their "get out of jail" free card against BBC. TSS with #10 Parata dictating play and will not hesitate to slot a penalty from anywhere to win the game.

The SOUTHPORT SCHOOL: Is very methodical in their approach to confidently win games. They will win their remaining games (in particular the main hurdle;NC) and will share the championship with NC.
unless.

BRISBANE STATE HIGH SCHOOL: They will finish somewhere in the middle. BUT they hold the key to NC aspirations for the championships. Their final game against the Blue& White army with be collosal. The game will be tense, with an electrifying atmosphere and of course complete pandamonium with parents passion creating havoc around Fursden colosium :) .

Also remember as Lionel Richie sang it.Youre once ,twice, THREE times a lady. . uuummm I meant 3 times mine will be BSHS's message, as they have beaten NC the last two years to deny the B&W rugby jauganaut from the North the title. .
Its the kind of twist blockbuster movies are made off.

TSS will win championship for 2017 :) . . sorry m,y NC buddies. .

I agree TSS to defeat NC. NC have used a few Get out of Jail Free Cards...the first against GT in the first round; the 2nd against TGS winning 17-14 with a late penalty, and the 3rd against BBC. Cannot see BSHS having the firepower to beat NC. Tipping a shared premiership with TSS and NC in what has been one of the most even competitions in years.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Many thanks Tashara
That is 2 very big centres for under 15.
Have not seen an under 15 team that strong over the ball since 2012 when Scott -Young and his mates like Wright went through undefeated for ACGS.
Hats off to the forwards coach .

The Queen ;)

Stan Wickham (3)
Big game this weekend at Fursden Rd. Both teams I feel have improved a lot over the season and this will make the clash very tight. IMO BGS have one of the best defensive back lines and this will help stop High's fullback. With the return of Will Borger to grammmar's forward pack they will be able to stop BSHSs large forward pack.
BGS by 7
And I believe Hamiso will beat Jordan in the battle of Fullbacks lol.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
Many thanks Tashara
That is 2 very big centres for under 15.
Have not seen an under 15 team that strong over the ball since 2012 when Scott -Young and his mates like Wright went through undefeated for ACGS.
Hats off to the forwards coach .
Spot on. Good to see someone noticing where the team is doing well. The lazy observer identifies the guy/s at the end of the phases and movement whereas what's actually happening is that you have a very strong and very fit forward pack (6 rowers, what?) not only winning and securing the ball but also getting across the ad line. This in turn sets up a great platform for the halves / mid field who are then providing the space and opportunities for the strike players out wide.

Now; over the last couple of games against NC & BSHS, I have seen these teams really take away the space of the centers and outside backs (good move). BSHS did this really well during parts of the game on Saturday and the game was then largely played in the forwards (you'll notice that from the highlights). And that's where BBC won the game. The old saying; the game is won in the forwards and the backs determine by how much has been true to the word.

So looking forward; I'm just not. I take each year as it comes. And regardless of people's comments of 'don't count your chickens...' 'they're only good because they're big...' 'wait until next year...' 'you're only winning because of one player' blah blah blah. I've been hearing that shit for 7 years now and those commentators seem to be the only ones predicting and worrying about the future. Next year will be next year and the same after that. In the meantime, I look forward to the weekend and hope all the boys across the age groups and schools continue to enjoy playing the game.

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
ahhh Mr Tashara, I noticed a cameo from your good self in the vid too, very Alfred Hitchcockesque of you!

seniormurraydouglas

Bob McCowan (2)
Heard the Terrace 3rd XV are training on Friday to reach training requirements, for the weekend. Now that is what I call DEDICATION. However, it may be just a bit of speculation. Maybe the 3rd XV run the pill against the 1st XV at training. Interesting match up. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.