• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveredule

Frank Row (1)
Heard the Terrace 3rd XV are training on Friday to reach training requirements, for the weekend. Now that is what I call DEDICATION. However, it may be just a bit of speculation. Maybe the 3rd XV run the pill against the 1st XV at training. Interesting match up. Haha.

Heard this through the grapevine aswell. Terrace 3rd XV are looking to play fluent and skillful footy. Beautiful fluency of play and beautiful execution of all skills are apparent in their gameplay. Wonderful use of figueroa's framework at an institutional level - playing through school. For people like gregory and co, they need to get off their high horse, this is elite rugby. Senior Murray Douglas is correct in all facts. Beautifully put.

seniormurraydouglas

Bob McCowan (2)
Heard this through the grapevine aswell. Terrace 3rd XV are looking to play fluent and skillful footy. Beautiful fluency of play and beautiful execution of all skills are apparent in their gameplay. Wonderful use of figueroa's framework at an institutional level - playing through school. For people like gregory and co, they need to get off their high horse, this is elite rugby. Senior Murray Douglas is correct in all facts. Beautifully put.

I respect your opinion, Dave. I forgot about the contemplation of José Luis Figueroa's Framework into my assumption.

The Queen ;)

Stan Wickham (3)
I respect your opinion, Dave. I forgot about the contemplation of José Luis Figueroa's Framework into my assumption.

I feel like you are missing out on the other levels of the framework. The interpersonal level is also key. It is through your parents and friends that you have made the decision to play filthy thirds. Also, on a individual level, you personally must value the filthy thirds and you play in that team.

seniormurraydouglas

Bob McCowan (2)
I feel like you are missing out on the other levels of the framework. The interpersonal level is also key. It is through your parents and friends that you have made the decision to play filthy thirds. Also, on a individual level, you personally must value the filthy thirds and you play in that team.

Nah. Get off your high horse, Bob.

seniormurraydouglas

Bob McCowan (2)
Nah. Get off your high horse, Bob.

You're not allowed to refer back to the framework.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
As the sun starts to set on another GPS Rugby Season it is time to award

THE BEST BURGERS IN GPS RUGBY

Let the chat begin......

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I was pretty disappointed with the Toowoomba Burger this year to be honest ....all the primo mince must have been flown out to offshore markets from the new Airport in T'Ba.

No texture to the patty........as wobbly as Warren . And cold . Soggy bun too.

Thumbs down Toowoomba

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I was pretty disappointed with the Toowoomba Burger this year to be honest ..all the primo mince must have been flown out to offshore markets from the new Airport in T'Ba.

No texture to the patty....as wobbly as Warren . And cold . Soggy bun too.

Thumbs down Toowoomba

IGS have no where near the top.

There are always some classics which need a bite.
Downlands- The Steak Sandwich is next level
Terrace- A handy burger
ACGS- A cut above, literally

these 3 are my personal favourites, any outsiders would be a shock to the system

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
BBC's Burger has improved this year . Great patty. Salad is still a bit mangy though....and to really get ahead of the game I think they need to look at pineapple and beetroot options

Especially beetroot.

I found the Nudgee buns a bit small .

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
The match that has the most relevance on the 2017 Qld GPS premiership is on tomorrow and the seeming lack of interest being expressed here is interesting. Is it supporter fatigue or just a lack of posters in this forum from NC or TSS??

Anyway, I had been thinking for a while that the game tomorrow would see TSS romp it in. However, having just seen the ref appointments, I have changed my mind. His style of reffing in my opinion nullifies TSS strengths and is very complimentary to the way NC plays. If TSS gets frustrated and panic, it is game over.

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Dark Shark I'm interested to hear what the ref's style is? It can't be the same ref that Nudgee had last week that absolutely caned them....

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
He protects the ball carrier at the tackle / breakdown and makes it impossible to get quick turnover that TSS are very good at and using to counter attack.

There is also a tendency to have a liberal off side line allowing defensive lines to take space away from attacking back lines.

He is extremely consistent with his rulings and have no problems with how he refs. I just feel that it nullifies some of the TSS strengths and suits the NC style of defence.

Although NC will have to be careful they do not try too much at the breakdown especially off their feet or the penalties will quickly convert into points against them with Parata's precision kicking.

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
IGS have no where near the top.

There are always some classics which need a bite.
Downlands- The Steak Sandwich is next level
Terrace- A handy burger
ACGS- A cut above, literally

these 3 are my personal favourites, any outsiders would be a shock to the system

The Terrace Burger can be put down to those diligent Terrace Mums as pointed out by Warren Wobble, going to the trouble of re-labelling the previous unsold patties v BSHS (Premium Mince) to (Waygu with Burgundy) for the Churchie clash...probably raising the price and achieving a sell-Out!!

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Round 8 tips
TSS v NC. I'm going for a Nudgee upset.

Defence will be the key. NC will have to tackle all day and put pressure on TSS #10 Parata. Losing hooker Tom Forde is a huge blow for Nudgee. Southport will start like a raging bull and try to outmuscle NC forwards in the first half.
A tactic Southport use, #8 Gerrard lurk in the backline and create that extra man.
The match will come alive at 55 min mark.
TSS big forwards tend to tire and start to miss tackles. ( BBC v TSS video, 12 missed tackles, 8 turnovers)
If I was NC coach, I would resort to short lineouts to nullify TSS #5 Tom Van der Schyft height and attack the breakdowns with #6 Bullemore, #7 Moseley, and #8 Tautau.
This is where I feel Nudgee have the advantage. Fitter and nore mobile.

No stupid penalties as radar boot #10 Parata is deadly.

Players to watch TSS #12 Lolesio, TSS #13 Dovey, TSS #5 Van de Schyft, TSS #10 Parata, NC #9 Hunt, NC #10 Pasitoa, NC #15 Bennet, NC #12 Small

BSHS v BGS.
State High should win at home.

ACGS v BBC.
BBC to win comfortably

GT v TGS.
Terrace win

Bye - IGS

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Undefeated 16A

ScreenHunter 34 Sep. 01.jpg

Pabl0 Chac0n

Bob McCowan (2)
Round 8 tips
TSS v NC. I'm going for a Nudgee upset.

Defence will be the key. NC will have to tackle all day and put pressure on TSS #10 Parata. Losing hooker Tom Forde is a huge blow for Nudgee. Southport will start like a raging bull and try to outmuscle NC forwards in the first half.
A tactic Southport use, #8 Gerrard lurk in the backline and create that extra man.
The match will come alive at 55 min mark.
TSS big forwards tend to tire and start to miss tackles. ( BBC v TSS video, 12 missed tackles, 8 turnovers)
If I was NC coach, I would resort to short lineouts to nullify TSS #5 Tom Van der Schyft height and attack the breakdowns with #6 Bullemore, #7 Moseley, and #8 Tautau.
This is where I feel Nudgee have the advantage. Fitter and nore mobile.

No stupid penalties as radar boot #10 Parata is deadly.

Players to watch TSS #12 Lolesio, TSS #13 Dovey, TSS #5 Van de Schyft, TSS #10 Parata, NC #9 Hunt, NC #10 Pasitoa, NC #15 Bennet, NC #12 Small

BSHS v BGS.
State High should win at home.

ACGS v BBC.
BBC to win comfortably

GT v TGS.
Terrace win

Bye - IGS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I agree TSS to defeat NC. NC have used a few Get out of Jail Free Cards.the first against GT in the first round; the 2nd against TGS winning 17-14 with a late penalty, and the 3rd against BBC. Cannot see BSHS having the firepower to beat NC. Tipping a shared premiership with TSS and NC in what has been one of the most even competitions in years.

Gotta remember there are only two "Get Out of Jail" cards in Monopoly, not three. So I think maybe something else may be happening.

I have watched two of the games mentioned above and yes there is certainly a case that GT and BBC were the better side (didn't see the TGS game). Their scrum was better, line-out superior and general play was more attacking; for me I felt that both of these teams (BBC & GT) were going to score at any time, but they didn't, why? How do you win a game of rugby with 35% of possession and 42% of the territory? Never really seen that before; goes against "dry up their ball and you'll win" theory! Your just not supposed to win games with those sorts of stats (or indeed come close to winning them).

And Nudgee is not superior to TSS's in the line-out and scrum, general play and will struggle all day with them. But in schoolboys rugby the best teams don't always win. I think part of the answer is Nudgee's defense, the trust they have with each other and their self belief must be very high at the moment. That's all I can put it down to. (Not much of a rugby theory! or explanation)

My head says TSS by 8 points but my heart says Nudgee in another close one by 3. We will see how they wake up tomorrow morning and who blinks first.

NC by 3.

In the other games State High by 15 points

BBC by 15 &

GT by 10.

Good luck to all over the weekend. I shall be at the game of the round stirring up these Coasties as only The Sage can do ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.