• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2018

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
BREAKING NEWS OUT OF GT.

Daniel Condon (QLD 1) has injured his hand at training - set to miss R1 at Miskin. A big blow for the red and black.
Likely replacements:
- Donnelly
- Ott (played for city 2015)
- Vaihu to 12 and Duffy comes in on the wing

Just want to let everyone know Geoffrey Cummins is taking the piss. I know for the fact Donnelly, Ott and Duffy are just muck around rugby players and this is a joke post

Reactions: vac

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Oh well that helps my tips immensely! Ahhh the "kiss of death" (just come my way)...
That's why I only said Terrace would win by 5 points rather than the outlandish HOUND who said they would win by 7!!! (trap for young players that, WHAT).

Thankyou Sage too, I know my outlandish tipping does befuddle the GAGR community (as it does me) but I think I will stick with my 7 to GT! Although I may have to reassess TSS V Churchie and maybe Churchie will not be as close as I expect.

Reactions: vac

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Can anyone who is Nudgee or TSS aligned make any comment as to how many guys in their 2nds Teams could legitimately step in to the Firsts and their First Teams not skip a beat ?

Personally ........I'm really looking forward to this season's 2nds competition . I think it will be pretty close across a few schools and not just be about the usual suspects. Should be a cracker.

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
O'k fools paradise here we come!

TSS at home against Churchie, ahhhh TSS by (spin the wheel) 12; Churchie at home would have been closer.

BBC at home against Terrace. I think this one, Terrace by 5 (sorry BBC).

Ipswich at home against BGS. OMG!!! does this get any harder? IGS the perennial disappointments and punters nightmare against the always consistently average BGS. Going IGS by 10; just because they (Ippy) tend to be good at the beginning of the season before fading.

NC at home to BSHS. Despite the build-up for some over Highs fortunes this year; this is a no-brainer NC by 17.

Good luck to all!

No-one has spoken about the 5th match up on the Downs which should be a beauty between TGS and Downlands for the O'Callaghan Cup, first played for in 1950 with Downlands holding a slight ascendancy over the years. This is the biggest sporting fixture of any kind held in Toowoomba annually. Downlands have mustered up famous old boys like Tim Horan and coach Garrick Morgan. They have also organised John Eales to address the boys at a dinner tonight so they will be revved up. To be fair this is probably one of the few times that Downlands play a full strength GPS out fit - too much at stake for TGS to rest players. TGS by 8 points is my tip.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
O'k fools paradise here we come!

TSS at home against Churchie, ahhhh TSS by (spin the wheel) 12; Churchie at home would have been closer.

BBC at home against Terrace. I think this one, Terrace by 5 (sorry BBC).

Ipswich at home against BGS. OMG!!! does this get any harder? IGS the perennial disappointments and punters nightmare against the always consistently average BGS. Going IGS by 10; just because they (Ippy) tend to be good at the beginning of the season before fading.

NC at home to BSHS. Despite the build-up for some over Highs fortunes this year; this is a no-brainer NC by 17.

Good luck to all!

11 Stirling (GPS1) & 13 Howath (Qld RL) out for BBC -should give GT edge in backline.

WW Bench

Bob McCowan (2)
TSS vs Churchie

Jeezuz what a build-up TSS has had they are extremely excited about their current batch of players. Rumour has it that they have had this XV eating raw meat since February, problem was someone flew some dugong down that was a little rancid and set of a wide spread school gastro bug that would bring Tommy Raudonikis to his knees. But all good now that is now well past and they are in full stride jagging some 4 starters in the Australia Schools squad. Churchie are the smokies, Zac Crothers gets a start in the Australia side and the rest look ok. They have been flying under the radar and early signs suggest that they might just surprise a few. No doubt a victorious trip to the Goldie might just give them the springboard that they need for a successful season. But really that’s bye the bye, lets get down to it. The Hottest Mum comp is what everyone is interested, no doubt they will be unified by white jeans so it will be hard to tell who is who to start, but the TSS Mum’s tend to be a little more blingy just and three shades brighter in lippy ( old hooters trick) and they are playing at home. Churchie will have the odd star player but as a group TSS will be way to strong. Conditions looks great and should just be warm enough for the Churchie fathers to knot a jumper over their shoulders, but alias beautiful and fine, so the wood handled umbrella can stay in the Rangie. TSS by 15

BBC v GT

Ok so the rumours look like they are true. Everyone has been talking about the possible Sommerville BBC merger, under the Presbyterian debacle that has happened over the past 12 months. BBC are pumped, if this come through it might just give them what they need to beef up that front row and put some mongrel into the forwards. But for this season they will just have to go with what they have, and actually its looking ok. A few coming back in the backs I think all of them had a run last year, and the forwards look ok as well. GT won’t have enough fire power to keep up with the back line of College and will be BBC by 16.

Nudgee v BSHS

I’m on the Nudge this year, they’re my boys. They have the firepower backs and forwards and I would expect the only ones that are capable of rolling the big dogs TSS this year. Nudgee have the spirit and the belief I am certain that should be enough to get them over the line. BSHS be more nervous than a choir boy in a refectory, walking onto Ross Oval, and Nudgee boys will be eyeing them off just as greedily. Nudgee by 18.

Ipswich vs Brisbane

Ipswich are happier than a trip to KFC getting their cuz Brissy Grammar 1st Round, shots on bro. Ipswich backline looks ok and they will have more than enough firepower in the forwards to roll Brisbane Grammar. Brisbane Grammar are lacking across the park they don’t have a lot that I could see anywhere, getting rolled by the boys from TGS easily last weekend. Ipswich by 15.

Toowoomba Grammar v Downlands.

Big day on the range, as the two leading schools in the Garden City go Head to Head. Word is Downland’s haven’t won a game in 4 years, that’s across all age groups, and from what I am hearing it doesn’t look likely again this year. Jeezuz Downland’s you gotta be the Kate Fischer of Rugby School’s, smoking hot in the 80’s and 90’s to deadest terrible in the current day all, for the sake of the game we need you to fire back up, alias poor Kate or rather Tziporah is way too far gone (f#$%ing weirdo). TGS are looking ok this year, forward pack on the improve and a few returning in the back line. TGS have reunions this weekend, so will be a lot of chat about bullock prices and grain markets, and el nino whatever that is, couldn’t think of anything worse. Gerard Bayden Clay said he has a prior engagement. Toowoomba every game.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Can anyone who is Nudgee or TSS aligned make any comment as to how many guys in their 2nds Teams could legitimately step in to the Firsts and their First Teams not skip a beat ?

Personally ....I'm really looking forward to this season's 2nds competition . I think it will be pretty close across a few schools and not just be about the usual suspects. Should be a cracker.

Yeah Garry Owens the 2nd's competition is as highly respected and honoured by Nudgee. Much pride comes from the 2nd XV and there "free" flowing rugby style. Any schoolboy rugby enthusiast watches at least 16 a's 2nd's and firsts!

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Just want to let everyone know Geoffrey Cummins is taking the piss. I know for the fact Donnelly, Ott and Duffy are just muck around rugby players and this is a joke post

Yes we read that a mile away as is often the case with new first time posters with their grade 12 chat

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
11 Stirling (GPS1) & 13 Howath (Qld RL) out for BBC -should give GT edge in backline.

Gungenia always has good BBC intel and loving the college chat this year to talk it down. Should be a good game at Miskin their first pick forward pack performed well at Suncorp against a strong NZ team and they did well against ACGS who everyone seems really keen to rate to push TSS tmmrw - all makes for a good match tmmrw. GT must have done some great year 12 recruiting as I recall they got comprehensively beaten across the ages from 13A - 14A - 15A (flogged) - 16A and 1st XV.

College should have the depth to hold on for a win at home.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Premiership favourites TSS

ScreenHunter 102 Jul. 20.jpg

TheRugbyGod

Stan Wickham (3)
My Predictions

TSS vs Churchie
TSS by 19

BBC v GT
BBC by 10

Nudgee v BSHS
BSHS by 3

IGS V BGS
IGS by 14

If BSHS execute their set pieces I feel that BSHS can cause a major upset with a number of Nudgee boys coming in with poor form

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Gungenia always has good BBC intel and loving the college chat this year to talk it down. Should be a good game at Miskin their first pick forward pack performed well at Suncorp against a strong NZ team and they did well against ACGS who everyone seems really keen to rate to push TSS tmmrw - all makes for a good match tmmrw. GT must have done some great year 12 recruiting as I recall they got comprehensively beaten across the ages from 13A - 14A - 15A (flogged) - 16A and 1st XV.

College should have the depth to hold on for a win at home.

Tomorrow, College will be too good in the front row and Gordon will direct play like a maestro to win in a canter.

However, TSS have to be favourites for 2018 title as long as Parata is on the field for every game.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
history has shown that you cannot win the 1st xv (2012!)without a top -class 10 and the 3 best 10s are at
NC,TSS & BBC -and that is why they wiil be the top 3 ( in that order)

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
history has shown that you cannot win the 1st xv (2012!)without a top -class 10 and the 3 best 10s are at

Looking forward to likely championship decider on 15 Sep at NC - home crowd and old boys will be a big boost for BW. Don’t think BBC has the forwards to beat those two this year and it sounds like the injury curse and lack of depth will affect them again.

There may be a Bolter in the field as well like BSHS two years ago.

Are any of the games being live-streamed this year??

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)

Exactly. But I rate them with Parata first and foremost by a country mile.

I believe the influence he has was shown last year when he was injured v IGS. When he came off the whole composure of the eventual Premiers changed and they were beaten by a bottom of the table team.