• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2018

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Yes Seconds will be a humdinger too

16A's as well - if Nudgee lose TSS win outright . If Nudgee do TSS - then TSS share the premiership with BBC ( assuming BBC account for Churchie which they should pretty easily )

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Rd8: Brisbane State High School vs Brisbane Boys' College

u16A: BSHS 0 - BBC 50 (0:17 min)
2ndXV: BSHS 5 - BBC 31 (3:58 min)
1stXV: BSHS 24 - BBC 19 (7:32 min)

Great work Tashara - again many thanks - wish every school did the same.

BBC 16A play much more cohesively than the firsts, maybe the coaches could lend a hand this week or do we expect the same lame game plan again?

BBC 2nd XV 2&10 wouldn’t be out of place in firsts with s few of the 16A forwards.

justamum

Frank Row (1)
My son is friends with current year 12 and 11 kids at Terrace, and they play club rugby together. Apart from the 10 position none of them have ever hinted there's much controversy in the selections, and most of the firsts are from grade 11 anyway. Given the results at GT, it would be hard to suggest the seconds are hiding players that should be in the firsts.

Not sure where you get your information from, I think if you asked most of the Yr 12 boys how they felt, your response would be very incorrect. And I think you will also find that their attitude towards the head coach of the Firsts squad is nothing short of contempt (along with most of the Firsts). There were a number of boys who were as good as the selected boys from the lower grades, but from what I understand it is all about Tom’s team of 2020, and at the cost of a passion to play for the Red and Black.

johnnymac

Bob McCowan (2)
Not sure where you get your information from, I think if you asked most of the Yr 12 boys how they felt, your response would be very incorrect. And I think you will also find that their attitude towards the head coach of the Firsts squad is nothing short of contempt (along with most of the Firsts). There were a number of boys who were as good as the selected boys from the lower grades, but from what I understand it is all about Tom’s team of 2020, and at the cost of a passion to play for the Red and Black.

100% correct justamum. not a happy camp and a complete balls up!! randal mcmurphy cookhuu at the controls!!

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)

Given this is your 6th post, and 5 of them have been about year 11 kids playing in the firsts, I think I'll let this one go through to the keeper.
I've said it previously here, with the results in the seconds you can hardly argue selections have been wrong in the firsts. Terrace folks might just have to accept they didn't have the cattle this year, they missed their boat in the previous two years.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
I've said it previously here, with the results in the seconds you can hardly argue selections have been wrong in the firsts. .

Plenty of reasons for that and it is not all about the cattle (although that is becoming a catch cry at Tennyson this season)

You can rest assured justamum is a lot closer to reality than your 'sons mates'!

BAG

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Yeah

Not a Terrace bash but you can't slag the 2nds results as the reason why for some of these boys - when the Firsts will finish 2nd last

In fact , one may suggest , that some of the fire had already been lost which may explain some lack of engagement

But hey what would Terrace folk know right ?

I'm sure this is not a Terrace specific thing either as you look around some of the other programs that were expected to fare better and have limped through the season

The truth is , if you are a Rugby fan first and foremost , despite what School you are affiliated with - and despite all the banter - you just want to see all Schools do well as it increases the level of competition and experience for the boys

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yeah Not a Terrace bash but you can't slag the 2nds results as the reason why for some of these boys - when the Firsts will finish 2nd last

In fact , one may suggest , that some of the fire had already been lost which may explain some lack of engagement

But hey what would Terrace folk know right ?

I'm sure this is not a Terrace specific thing either as you look around some of the other programs that were expected to fare better and have limped through the season

The truth is , if you are a Rugby fan first and foremost , despite what School you are affiliated with - and despite all the banter - you just want to see all Schools do well as it increases the level of competition and experience for the boys

Fire already lost?

The TGS, BBC, and GT programs have all copped flack along the lines of selection issues and coaching problems. I don't think it's controversial to say that when you lose games you expect to win it's the stock standard approach to blame selections and the coaches. I always raise an eyebrow too when posters come here just to whinge, you have to ask what interest they have in the matter.

The one time I've seen both the firsts and seconds at GT, TGS, and the two occasions I've seen BBC I have not been struck by any great selection or game plan issues. Aside from the odd player, usually an outside back, it didn't seem like the firsts had the wrong kids running around.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Not sure what your ish is DS

You just don't seem to want to accept there is a much greater level of disquiet at GT that is the feeling of multiple persons instead preferring to rely on the inside chat of your son and a couple of his "mates"

That's fine

I too have friends and family at GT and the comment around the Seconds and the leadership in the Senior Program has been made to me by more than a couple of them , that are not directly effected , certainly reinforces the view that has been shared by persons on this thread that , y'know , are at the school . I am sure you are right once again and they are just salty crackers having a whinge with no right and entitlement to do so

Outside of GT - aside from Realist having a crack at what's wrong at TGS before the season started and Oracle83 having a crack at BBC recently , unless you can be bothered to find anything else ( which I don't think you will ) I don't really know what you and your raised eyebrows are talking about

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
Not sure what your ish is DS

You just don't seem to want to accept there is a much greater level of disquiet at GT that is the feeling of multiple persons instead preferring to rely on the inside chat of your son and a couple of his "mates"

That's fine

I too have friends and family at GT and the comment around the Seconds and the leadership in the Senior Program has been made to me by more than a couple of them , that are not directly effected , certainly reinforces the view that has been shared by persons on this thread that , y'know , are at the school . I am sure you are right once again and they are just salty crackers having a whinge with no right and entitlement to do so

Outside of GT - aside from Realist having a crack at what's wrong at TGS before the season started and Oracle83 having a crack at BBC recently , unless you can be bothered to find anything else ( which I don't think you will ) I don't really know what you and your raised eyebrows are talking about

My Ish GO is this isn’t the place to come and throw mud at individuals such as coaches.

I’m honest when I say no ones really complained around me about selections outside of the 10. Have they bagged the staff? Hell yes, but the GT team I watched lacked the talent to play better than they have, so I put those whinges away as sour grapes. Not to mention the folks who whinge on this forum clearly have an agenda, they rarely post and when they do they always raise a pet issue.

This is the second problem I’ve come across in Aus that I don’t see in NZ. Every coach in GPS has some solid history and skill
Behind them. The people whinging don’t. You guys are great at tearing down, but you don’t have a plan that would do any better.

justamum

Frank Row (1)
My Ish GO is this isn’t the place to come and throw mud at individuals such as coaches.

I’m honest when I say no ones really complained around me about selections outside of the 10. Have they bagged the staff? Hell yes, but the GT team I watched lacked the talent to play better than they have, so I put those whinges away as sour grapes. Not to mention the folks who whinge on this forum clearly have an agenda, they rarely post and when they do they always raise a pet issue.

This is the second problem I’ve come across in Aus that I don’t see in NZ. Every coach in GPS has some solid history and skill
Behind them. The people whinging don’t. You guys are great at tearing down, but you don’t have a plan that would do any better.

Dark side, sorry that this was only my 6th post I haven’t had anything to say - until now. Yes I am a Terrace parent who has sat week after week and watched and listened to the talk around me and from my son and his mates. I am not slinging mud, I am stating what I have heard from the boys mouths. The coach in question has experience and knowledge, I have never disputed that. What he lacks however is respect from the Opens Rugby squads. The word toxic was used at a recent game by a parent who, like me, is watching it all implode. I’m lucky I get out this year, they have 2 other boys coming through the school. I only hope that the boys who have lost their way this year continue their Rugby journey back at Club level playing in Colts footy. Thank you BAG and GO for the support.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Fair enough .

I do concede the "new poster" with issue de jour can .......how shall we say ......raise an eyebrow ?

Only thing I would say is that .....it is a message board and people have their opinion ( clearly ) and not everyone will see eye to eye and nor should they .

Personally ....whilst I also agree its not right to rag on Coaches or Refs etc and its not something I would do ( at least publicly ) I also wouldn't go out of my way to wag a finger at them from upon the moral perch.

To be honest with you I felt it a little rich to be talking about some's agenda ( opinion shaping presumably ) on Coaches , on a message board , but , a page or two back you had no compunction in exerting your opinion shaping views about the fate / prospects of a high school player ( The U16 GT 10 ), that , seemed to marginalise him , and frankly seems like a double standard to me - which is why I replied to you re : it doesn't mean anything other than different people see different things

It's reasonable on a forum such as this , or any forum for that matter , there is an exchange of opinion . We can't , nor should we , rule thought or try and moralise it if you are partaking on the same basis. No one is being personally attacked or abused and so long as that is the case then play on

Peace, Trees and Waterfalls and all that

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
Dark side, sorry that this was only my 6th post I haven’t had anything to say - until now. Yes I am a Terrace parent who has sat week after week and watched and listened to the talk around me and from my son and his mates. I am not slinging mud, I am stating what I have heard from the boys mouths. The coach in question has experience and knowledge, I have never disputed that. What he lacks however is respect from the Opens Rugby squads. The word toxic was used at a recent game by a parent who, like me, is watching it all implode. I’m lucky I get out this year, they have 2 other boys coming through the school. I only hope that the boys who have lost their way this year continue their Rugby journey back at Club level playing in Colts footy. Thank you BAG and GO for the support.

No worries mate. The post of mine you responded to was about selections, and you shifted that to personalities. If you really have an issue with a coach or staff member, then raise it with the school.

The drop off rate from schoolboy opens to club is quite large normally anyway, and even bigger a year or two out of school. Rugby has some serious work to do to turn that around, it’s a lot more than just the coaches at the school.