• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2018

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
Not sure where you get your information from, I think if you asked most of the Yr 12 boys how they felt, your response would be very incorrect. And I think you will also find that their attitude towards the head coach of the Firsts squad is nothing short of contempt (along with most of the Firsts). There were a number of boys who were as good as the selected boys from the lower grades, but from what I understand it is all about Tom’s team of 2020, and at the cost of a passion to play for the Red and Black.

Same thing the same bloke did to BBC a few years ago. Similar words being bandied around - Played favourites, toxic culture ....

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
Nudgee must be the most dominant First XV in many years. They played as a team in every game, always looked composed and like they had a plan. Well led by Vella and with Pasitoa back, must start warm favourites to make it a three-peat next year.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Nudgee must be the most dominant First XV in many years. They played as a team in every game, always looked composed and like they had a plan. Well led by Vella and with Pasitoa back, must start warm favourites to make it a three-peat next year.
Prince excellent coaching as well not only 1st’s however 2nd’s as well. Huge buy in from this age group, it makes a big difference.

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
BSHS get up in a fine and tough game against Ippy. Massive improvement during the season, should be stronger for it next year with a few returning players and a decently strong 16A. Though something tells me that season could be decided by NC v TSS in round one. Will have to watch the replay, sounded like a cracker.

Also heard Churchie blew it against BBC, anyone at the game?

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
BSHS get up in a fine and tough game against Ippy. Massive improvement during the season, should be stronger for it next year with a few returning players and a decently strong 16A. Though something tells me that season could be decided by NC v TSS in round one. Will have to watch the replay, sounded like a cracker.

Also heard Churchie blew it against BBC, anyone at the game?

You heard wrong about the game at Toowong
29-22 to BBC .
ACGS never got within 7 points -never lead at any stage,
BBC were far more explosive but too many silly misktakes

Surprise surprise-the BBC wingers were electric(Savage 2 tries) and EVERY ACGS try was a pick and drive-contrasting styles you might say.

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
29-22 to BBC .

Surprise surprise-the BBC wingers were electric(Savage 2 tries) and EVERY ACGS try was a pick and drive-contrasting styles you might say.

Maybe they meant to say BBC could have won by more?

I see NC wrapped up the title too in the seconds with what looks like an easy win by the score.

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
29-22 to BBC .

As usual, wrong.

Churchie led 12-7. BBC 14-12. BBC 19-12. BBC 22-12. BBC 22-19. Final 29-22. Just report it as it happened. Plenty of times within 7.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Today’s game two completely contrasting halves. NC completely in control at half time 24-0, TSS roar back I the second half with their massive forwards causing havoc close to the ruck. TSS looked liked they would steal the game at the end however nudgee held onto the ball long enough for try scoring whiz Bennett to sneak over in the corner. Fantastic game played by very skilled players, luv to see some of these boys develop into bigger and better things .

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
As usual, wrong.

Churchie led 12-7. BBC 14-12. BBC 19-12. BBC 22-12. BBC 22-19. Final 29-22. Just report it as it happened. Plenty of times within 7.

Ok
Lets rephrase
1) ACGS never looked like winning;
2) ACGs 14,11,and the star new boy at 13 never touched the ball.
Pick and drive by ACGS very good -but not pretty
Great wins by BBC
2ndxv
16A and 14 A by 50
15A by 30

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from yesterday's premiership decider

https://www.tremainfocused.com/blog/gps-rugby-rd-9-nudgee-college-v-the-southport-school

blog-DSC_2635.jpg

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Could be record number of player back next year with Terrace, IGS, BBC and State High all having large number of the year 11 (and year 10) boy representing their school in 2018. Hopefully, will improve quality of First XV rugby next year which has been, with exception of NC, inconsistent at best but overall, probably a bit under par.

Very large gap between the top 2 team and the rest. Whilst Grammar got close to TSS & BBC, could not get the win. How did GT put 45 on TSS and not win? How did IGS lead TSS by 20 and not win? Credit to resolve of Southport in both game.

Biggest disappointment - TGS, GT and BBC
Most impressive - NC
Most improve - BGS

Next year, NC and BBC (subject to coaching/selection/who play at #10) probably start favourite but IGS will be in the mix. Cannot see other team challenging these 3 despite TSS sharing first on ladder with BBC in 16A.

Under the pressure of First XV rugby, the key position is #10 and IGS & State High with NC probably have the top 3 in 2019.

GT rugby has a lot of work to do.

SOSJBW

Peter Burge (5)
NC #4 being in year 10 is another frightening prospect. Thought has was very good.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bit of a mix up from the commentators, #4 Titi Nofoagatotoa is grade 11, #11 Trezman Banjo is grade 10, Pasitoa is also grade 11 and Vella will be back next year.