• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Hearing out of GT that Steve Kefu and Mark Chisholm are new 1st xv Coaches, with Tony McGahan new head of sport, must mean he's leaving his Reds Academy role? Big names - Stevie Kefu has done quite a bit of coaching professionally and at souths, Chisholm not so much - being a wallaby will probably appease many of the parents there I would think.interesting times if true.

McGahan confirmed as new Director of Sport at Terrace starting Term 2. Should get confirmation on the coaching role soon, they have a 1st XV camp in the first week of the holidays.

Rodzilla

Bob McCowan (2)
As I said I’m not sure about a couple but wouldn’t be far off at all. Confucious come back to me brother after a couple pre-season games but mark my words Durheim can move for a big boy who is over 115kg. fact - don’t know what your source is? In addition, Gibson can break a game open with his agility and again is over 1
However, I will say this that all boys have to be careful that it is the right type of size. I guess we’ll see come BBC v GT.

GT possible dark horse to finish 1 or 2 on the log. depend on jorden bells development. better game plan and set piece will help to. Bbc - can druhiem throw must have hooker that can throw. need a good fetcher to support backs. last year too slow. also 10/12 with game control. TSS or Nudgee will win 100% then others

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
BBC could have Tierney play prop and throw. Also Hayes could play the fetcher role, he has great skills. Gibson's no slouch in the support role too. They really do miss Kalolo though.

Pinetree

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hearing out of GT that Steve Kefu and Mark Chisholm are new 1st xv Coaches, with Tony McGahan new head of sport, must mean he's leaving his Reds Academy role? Big names - Stevie Kefu has done quite a bit of coaching professionally and at souths, Chisholm not so much - being a wallaby will probably appease many of the parents there I would think.interesting times if true.
Might mean the end of some experiments that went on in 2018 playing boys in positions they had never played in before with mixed success new coaches new ideas and GT could be looking at a shake up...expect the unexpected

Rodzilla

Bob McCowan (2)
BBC could have Tierney play prop and throw. Also Hayes could play the fetcher role, he has great skills. Gibson's no slouch in the support role too. They really do miss Kalolo though.

forgot gibson he is fast and hard tackler

Pinetree

Frank Nicholson (4)
GT possible dark horse to finish 1 or 2 on the log. depend on jorden bells development. better game plan and set piece will help to. Bbc - can druhiem throw must have hooker that can throw. need a good fetcher to support backs. last year too slow. also 10/12 with game control. TSS or Nudgee will win 100% then others
I agree GT could surprise a few people they have talent and with the right coaching and culture shift you never know...I do think Bell may struggle he only played 10 in 16a because QS was called up to firsts to play 15, PE is the incumbent 10 and is still at school there is no shortage of backs with talent at GT it's just who misses.
Like I said there will be a shake up

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Piney,

Where do you think GT have the talent advantage over the other schools ?

Like , who do you seriously think could be considered "Top 2" in their position across the Competition ?

Pinetree

Frank Nicholson (4)
Piney,

Where do you think GT have the talent advantage over the other schools ?

Like , who do you seriously think could be considered "Top 2" in their position across the Competition ?
That's a good question honestly top 2? Probably no one I was more referring to within the GT system itself and the number of backs vs the number of positions available GT have boys that played Red u16 white u16 and Reds Academy, being in the team last year is no guarantee of being in there this year... I still think they may surprise with new coaches and new combinations... I guess we will see

All over it

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agreed, this would be my response Rodzilla. Note that Durheim can throw as well but don’t see Tierney missing out on a prop spot as I see him as a must have. Also I’m glad you bought Kalolo up Jets, fingers crossed but his absence may prove to be the missing piece?

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
I didn't think you had any mates at BBC Confucius ? When did this happen ?

Good to see All Over It's Kool Aid comes in Green and Black Jelly Bean , and , your mate's comes in Sour Grape.

Optimized-the-truth-is-out-there-x-files-poster.jpg

Anyway ..who rowed out of Treasure , Dillman / Bishop , Big Ed , Boyle , Nasser , Emarley And Me , Jorgensen , Devon, Burns , Bell , Elekana , Little V , Big V , VDB and Siolo

All of them ? None of them ?

About the same ratio of BBC. The difference is GT boys had a crack.

And they were still celebrating TOGETHER UNITED at their rowing dinner.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Agreed, this would be my response Rodzilla. Note that Durheim can throw as well but don’t see Tierney missing out on a prop spot as I see him as a must have. Also I’m glad you bought Kalolo up Jets, fingers crossed but his absence may prove to be the missing piece?

Where has Kalolo gone to ??

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
About the same ratio of BBC. The difference is GT boys had a crack.

And they were still celebrating TOGETHER UNITED at their rowing dinner.

Liberty , Equality , Fraternity , to the strains of Le Marseillaise eh Confucius ?

Maybe Dumas’s classic line All for One and One for All might be more fitting seeing as though , if you actually were truly Terrace aligned, Confucius, you would know that Terrace had one ( yes , one ) Rower in their 3 x Open Crews and Year 11 First VIII that will start or even play a meaningful role in the Rugby Squad

There are 10 x BBC Boys who rowed who are also in the Firsts Rugby Squad . And yes , 6 of these boys , banded together to form a boarders crew in the Open 2nd VIII to participate mainly for bonding and fitness rather than any higher aspiration related to Rowing

Either way, as always , your initial claims are inaccurate or just outright false.

Bottom line ? A collective swarm from GT is not outrunning any team - let alone BBC - as you stated

Lost in this salt laden agenda of yours ( and others ) is that half the GT Rugby Open Rugby Squad trialled for Met North as the only GPS School to do so , and presumably , the majority of these boys will have the State Championship overlay in their preseason . I would also assume that maybe half a dozen or more of the key members if the Squad will be going to Nationals immediately before R1 v TGS the following weekend

There is a challenge there for the new Coaching regime to ensure focus and priorities are where they need to be

I mean .....if GT can’t take care of business v TGS in R1 it’s a pretty slippery slope after that with BBC, NC and BSHS in the next 3 rounds before they face a team they project to be better than when they face ACGS away in Round 5

Jackaroo

Frank Row (1)
Poor buggers that played at Moree today.

I was driving into Moree the external temperature was 37 degrees. they played 3 x 20-minute thirds. TSS won 48 nil, TSS was by far the best side on the day. TGS had small patches of good play, the 1st 15 minutes of the game you couldn't split either side.
So this is my uneducated unbiased opinion as I have an affiliation with another school. Sorry, no names as i don't know them but I hope you can decipher. Again just my thoughts would be keen to hear other views
- The TSS centres in the 1st 20 minutes were devasting, and in the 1st 20 minutes, that is where TSS found both scoring opportunities. Both boys are impressive athletes.
- The TSS forward stand outs to me was the number 3 and number 4, both fantastic players.
- The 3 runs like a backrower and his terrific skills a bit like a young tongan thor.
- The 4 is just a great all round player with fantastic skills, plays like a tall loosie.
- TSS had a much better structure and shape throughout all thirds.
-TSS 5/8 in the last 20 minutes took control of the game late. For me, he was the best 10 they played.
- TGS 7 to me was a standout and nearly scored a great individual try from the kickoff. Amazing over the ball and he really wasn't such a big 7 however he is extremely mobile and very fast. Probably the best player they had.
- TGS 20? reserve front rower, big islander boy was standout in attack and defense, standout forward. Great player.
- TGS 9 1st and 3rd 20, was like a cattle dog, moving his forward pack around. Most of the early structure was his doing. Great pass and defence he even stopped the TSS 3 very well.
- TGS 15 is good ball runner has a very big boot and was kicking against the wind all day. Unsure why they never changed directions.
The game did deteriorate late and became very scrappy, but it was flaming hot and they all did very very well considering the conditions, poor buggers were absolutely wrecked and they all played with a lot of spirit and energy. Well done to both schools, they were all good young men. Good luck boys for the upcoming season.

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
Rumour has it,Nudgee 14A centre signs with Sydney Roosters,another one lost to league,expected to leave NC and go to Sydney Grammar immediately.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
it shows how professional they are doesn't it. The Reds can give these guys 'contact us' contracts where they have to speak to the Reds if they get an offer from elsewhere while these guys are given a couple hundred bucks and it makes a difference.