• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

RedsRugbyfan101

Allen Oxlade (6)
Results from today’s NC v GT?

Who won the 1st XV game depends on who you ask - GT kids will claim it was 38-36 but i believe the correct score was 38 all - NC missed a conversion to see it end up a draw - however GT wasn't too fussed about the result electing not to take an easy penalty shot right in front late in the game (instead choosing a scrum) which would have all but sealed the victory.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Results from today’s NC v GT?

I not sure, was at game, and no scoreboard operating, so as RedsR says it could of been 38 all or 38-36. Was not a bad game, GT scored a couple of early tries almost against the run of play, then NC turned it on, their pack looked very strong, scored a few tries, and game seesawed like that with both teams having dominant spells, and both having players in sinbin, both for tip tackles. For GT, they looked a little on small side in forwards, and their 9 perhaps needs a bit of work on his passing game, 10 took the ball to line a few times well, but think he needs to work on positioning to receive ball, they looked ok in outside backs too, centre and wings looked handy players. The player that impressed me the most with them was their 6, his defensive work was immense, looked like he might be handy at 7 too.
NC looked pretty impressive in forwards, very strong scrum, liked the look of their 3. Seemed to have a fairly good all round team, looked a balanced backline, though the team seemed to run a little hot and cold.
Sorry I can't give a lot more info on players, I don't know any of them, I just one of those old rugby tragics who gets sucked into going to games because I love watching it. I also tend not to be too critical of young fellas at this age, as I think we have to remember they are all just that young men still learning the game, and generally if any kids playing had been mine I would of been pretty proud, because all seemed to be giving it a good crack, with quite good skills shown. I only started following GPS rugby last year, and as you can see I right into enjoying it again this year!

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Reesjan Pasitoa did not play. Without him, the Nudgee backline was completely lost. Terrace targeted the 5/8 and it worked. They scored a soft try in the first 5 min. Nudgee did not want to be there. Forwards were lethargic. Terrace tackled their hearts out and dominated the match. Nudgee winger was sin binned in the first half. Nudgee were lucky to fight back after GT player was sin binned late in second half. Both teams scored 6 tries each.
Nudgee will have to improve 100 percent next week against Premiership favourites TSS, otherwise it will be thrashing. Big blow loosing Pasitoa in the trial match 4 weeks ago . It will be a miracle if Nudgee can beat TSS on the Gold Coast.

G

GingerBreadCrab

Reesjan Pasitoa did not play. Without him, the Nudgee backline was completely lost. Terrace targeted the 5/8 and it worked. They scored a soft try in the first 5 min. Nudgee did not want to be there. Forwards were lethargic. Terrace tackled their hearts out and dominated the match. Nudgee winger was sin binned in the first half. Nudgee were lucky to fight back after GT player was sin binned late in second half. Both teams scored 6 tries each.
Nudgee will have to improve 100 percent next week against Premiership favourites TSS, otherwise it will be thrashing. Big blow loosing Pasitoa in the trial match 4 weeks ago . It will be a miracle if Nudgee can beat TSS on the Gold Coast.

Yes, Nudgee will be underdogs in the fight against TSS.

Trial matches are for testing combinations out, and introducing young players to First XV rugby. The NC 10 who is in Year 10 will have a lot of success ahead of him.

Nudgee absolutely destroyed the GT set-piece, and won most lineout and scrum ball. Impressive, powerful display.

NC to best TSS at the Shark Tank this week.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Today's rugby trial game.
TSS FirstXV 10 d Sunshine Coast Grammar School 5
TSS 16A, 14A,13A all lost their games. Only 15A won

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
Any results known for under 15s Nudgee beat terrace in the 15 A and b’s both tight games.

BBC beat Churchie by two tries and BGS got up over TGS. My predictions for this group

1.BSHS
2. NC
3. BBC
4. GT
5. IGS
6. ACGS
7. BGS
8. TGS
9. TSS

First XV in 2021 is shaping up to be a very close year.

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
Players to watch in each position this season? Perhaps potential surprise packages?

BSHS have the best front row in the comp and they're too big, too fast, too skillful for the rest. I would imagine they'll go through undefeated. Nudgee have the best 12/13 combo, BBC 10 is the man and they have a few handy loose forwards as well. GT's scrum will surprise many given their lack of size and their 8 is a real work horse. Churchie have speed out wide and fullback is a smart player. IGS are a big side with surprising skill and BGS have some really good ball thieves and decent outside backs.

Surprises? Even though I ranked them at 6th, I think Churchie are the big improvers in this age group and could well win more games than some might think.

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Nudgee 15s have won their 4 trials v TSS BSHS Churchie and GT and had different combinations most games in backline positions due to a few being unavailable and trialing new lads. Scrum needs work after GT game but will improve with a few technical improvements. Defense is good as you would expect from a Nudgee team. Depth will be important and Nudgee Bs havnt lost in years so in good position for this to assist. Size and fitness don't always go hand in hand so will be a very interesting comp in this 15s age level this year. Some talent spread amongst all the teams.

Josh C

Frank Row (1)
Nudgee 15s have won their 4 trials v TSS BSHS Churchie and GT and had different combinations most games in backline positions due to a few being unavailable and trialing new lads. Scrum needs work after GT game but will improve with a few technical improvements. Defense is good as you would expect from a Nudgee team. Depth will be important and Nudgee Bs havnt lost in years so in good position for this to assist. Size and fitness don't always go hand in hand so will be a very interesting comp in this 15s age level this year. Some talent spread amongst all the teams.

BSHS have the best front row in the comp and they're too big, too fast, too skillful for the rest. I would imagine they'll go through undefeated. Nudgee have the best 12/13 combo, BBC 10 is the man and they have a few handy loose forwards as well. GT's scrum will surprise many given their lack of size and their 8 is a real work horse. Churchie have speed out wide and fullback is a smart player. IGS are a big side with surprising skill and BGS have some really good ball thieves and decent outside backs.

Surprises? Even though I ranked them at 6th, I think Churchie are the big improvers in this age group and could well win more games than some might think.

P

Patriot

Yes, Nudgee will be underdogs in the fight against TSS.

Trial matches are for testing combinations out, and introducing young players to First XV rugby. The NC 10 who is in Year 10 will have a lot of success ahead of him.

Nudgee absolutely destroyed the GT set-piece, and won most lineout and scrum ball. Impressive, powerful display.

NC to best TSS at the Shark Tank this week.

If find your comments about the NC scrum and line out interesting.
Having been around NC training sessions in the under age groups for a number of years now, I have never seen,line out practice, scrummaging practice or hookers throwing ball after ball. It my opinion that players in the under age groups are picked on their ability to run the ball and how many try’s they score and then just thrown into any position in the forward pack. I pretty sure this would be the same at every school. Probably the reason why Aussie rugby set piece is absolute crap.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
BBC beat Churchie by two tries and BGS got up over TGS. My predictions for this group

1.BSHS
2. NC
3. BBC
4. GT
5. IGS
6. ACGS
7. BGS
8. TGS
9. TSS

First XV in 2021 is shaping up to be a very close year.

Same old -same old-NC & TSS dramatically improve in under 15 when the Amarda arrive.
2017- BBC undefeated-beat BSHS by 1 try
2018 -BSHS undefeated-beat BBC by penalty.
this year in trials BSHS beat BBC and NC pump BSHS.