• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
State High too. At home.

Their first try on the weekend was ok and the other 2 certainly had help from the man in orange. GV's tries against TGS were soft. They appear to panic with ball in hand and rather than be patient with possession seem to want to give the ball away before the fifth tackle - wrong game boys. Lineout is ordinary and scrum not dominant. Defensively they're brave but the amount of work done by continuously turning over possession results in tired bodies and missed tackles. BBC looked like they took the foot off the gas after getting out to an early lead on the weekend, so the final score really did flatter GT. I'd be happy to eat my words at the end of the season if they do scrape together a few wins, however early form suggests not. Total bloodbath at Ross this weekend.

Will O'H

Frank Row (1)
Their first try on the weekend was ok and the other 2 certainly had help from the man in orange. GV's tries against TGS were soft. They appear to panic with ball in hand and rather than be patient with possession seem to want to give the ball away before the fifth tackle - wrong game boys. Lineout is ordinary and scrum not dominant. Defensively they're brave but the amount of work done by continuously turning over possession results in tired bodies and missed tackles. BBC looked like they took the foot off the gas after getting out to an early lead on the weekend, so the final score really did flatter GT. I'd be happy to eat my words at the end of the season if they do scrape together a few wins, however early form suggests not. Total bloodbath at Ross this weekend.

Absolutely agree, NC will definetly take the treats this weekend. Backing the churchie boys to regroup and tackle the bye.

Charlie G

Frank Row (1)
I see Terrace getting up on Grammar and State High for a 2 win season

I don’t see Grammar getting a win and I see State High with a 1 win season

I see State High coming together over the next few games, predicting them to come in around the middle of the pack alongside the likes of TGS and GT

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I see State High coming together over the next few games, predicting them to come in around the middle of the pack alongside the likes of TGS and GT
Have always thought that State High have had worst of the draw over the past few years, NC followed by TSS, think GT have definitely benefited from having them next.

Last year they were 0/3 and finished the season quite well considering their start.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
I have reviewed. They will do Churchie at home and run over the top of Grammar at home.

I don’t see them doing Terrace at Terrace or Toowoomba at Toowoomba

2 wins

RedsRugbyfan101

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think so. The call is on the hosting school.

Harsh call from All Over It on his call of a 2 try result margin. BBC have a team of some of the best individuals in the competition. It will be more than you say

Believe they need permission from both schools - otherwise BGS would have had games streamed in the past

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
A lot of posters predicting a massive margin for a BBC win against BGS. I agree. However, BBC have left a lot of points out on the field due to the old ‘white-line fever’ and lapses of concentration resulting in some very ill-disciplined play. I wouldn’t be surprised if the margin is only two tries.

This will ultimately be the un-doing of another ‘what could’ve been’ season for BBC.

Could be right about this game, and it may not be a big score but you would have to put all your money on BBC, at Miskin for the first time this year against BGS.

BBC will have a bye next week which will help them recover from what has been a very lucky first half of the season draw against teams that probably are going to be fighting off the wooden spoon, even with an odd upset.

So in round 5 a probable undefeated BBC will take on an IGS team that just had to battle Nudgee at NC. That's a plus for BBC. Two weeks to recover, watch the NC vs IGS game. Figure out Ippys game and maybe IGS get a key injury or two while College players recover.

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
I have reviewed. They will do Churchie at home and run over the top of Grammar at home.

I don’t see them doing Terrace at Terrace or Toowoomba at Toowoomba

2 wins

State High's pack is very good and will match it with most in the comp - the front row is massive. They were only down by 7 with less than three minutes to go in the first half against Nudgee. Their problem has been defending the set piece and both IGS and NC scored at will in this scenario. They're lining up too narrow and the fast team will easily run around them. If BBC are able to field their best team then their back 3 will have a big day out. A change of coaching tactics and they'll be back on track. I have it the other way around - wins against TGS & GT but lose to Churchie and BGS.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
State High's pack is very good and will match it with most in the comp - the front row is massive. They were only down by 7 with less than three minutes to go in the first half against Nudgee. Their problem has been defending the set piece and both IGS and NC scored at will in this scenario.
Looks like their problem is too much size and a serious lack of conditioning to finish games out in the 2nd half. They will give a few oohs and aahs with a big carry here and a line hit there but those few instances goes away after the first 20 minutes and then its assume the position.

S

Steve Lezinski

Pasitoa has sustained a potentially season ending injury to his AC joint at training, I think a few people will need to review their tips.

Waiting on more information

P

Patriot

Looks like their problem is too much size and a serious lack of conditioning to finish games out in the 2nd half. They will give a few oohs and aahs with a big carry here and a line hit there but those few instances goes away after the first 20 minutes and then its assume the position.

Couldn’t agree more, hooker looks very unfit. Against NC i can’t remember the front 3 hitting a single breakdown, but I did see them bludging in the centres waiting to run the ball, score the try and be the hero.

Johnthegun

Frank Row (1)
Pasitoa has sustained a potentially season ending injury to his AC joint at training, I think a few people will need to review their tips.

Waiting on more information

It will be a massive blow to Nudgee and it will be interesting to see how they will adapt to this. However i still think the blue and white will prevail.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
A lot of posters predicting a massive margin for a BBC win against BGS. I agree. However, BBC have left a lot of points out on the field due to the old ‘white-line fever’ and lapses of concentration resulting in some very ill-disciplined play. I wouldn’t be surprised if the margin is only two tries.

This will ultimately be the un-doing of another ‘what could’ve been’ season for BBC.

Still no Bowyer/ Rau Rau/Wald /Claridge playing for BBC -depth must be an issue by now if any more injuries.
We need more players like Bowyer/Banjo- run 1st and play what is in front of you.