• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Who cares about the tennis - It’s a one way street. Pretty boring. On the opposite end of the spectrum, what a race to the finish line the 2019 Rugby season has set up to be.

The battle for the wooden spoon is intensifying, I’m tipping Terrace to claim honours. TSS and Ippy await them - yikes!

And yes, what a spectacle this weekend will be at Miskin Street. IS THIS THE YEAR?!

Old Boys’ Day and the word is spreading that a win this weekend will put one hand on the trophy. Numbers will be large, good luck finding a park.

Final team listings will be interesting with some great match-ups potentially.

Back to the rugby. I can’t wait for the TSS v BBC matchup this weekend and I’m tipping a boil over, particularly after TSS are coming in off an easy run and BBC back on Miskin after a good hit out with Ippy. BBC for the premiership!

All of Nudgee will be cheering for BBC this weekend. Nudgee have a rest then a warm up v BGS and then battle BBC on Ross oval. Could well be a 3 team premiership.[/quote]

At BBC... The players are there, the culture is there, the coaching is there, and clearly the hunger is there too.

As usual though, that also applies (in spades) to TSS and NC.

TSS look like a team with no weaknesses at all, but those Southport players will have done the math and know in a small corner in the back of their minds that they can drop a game and still win or share the 1st XV title providing Nudgee can do the job at home.

Perhaps a sliver of an advantage mentally,

TSS may also be getting tired. They don't get a real bye this year (round 9).

Player vs player (and I don't really like to mention names), its not a uneven match-up on paper.

The occasion and pressure might get to the BBC team this weekend.

They have to be in the right mental place, forget about everything else, and just focus on the game in front of them. Leave it all out on the field at Miskin this Saturday. Win, lose or draw.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I will say this for this BBC Team - which is quite a bit different to BBC Teams of years past

A number of these boys that have been here for some time have won Club Premierships ( Rugby and League ) , undefeated and/or Top of the Table School Seasons and been part of undefeated State Championship winning teams and dominant QLD Teams coming through their on their journey

This core I refer to are used to winning and more importantly have made significant contributions to what and where they have won - and they expect to win in their mentality. They aren't phased by the pressure.

If they don't win I guarantee it won't be because of the foreign feeling of not knowing how.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
GO tell us your predictions for the rest of the season. Always good insight.
I predict there will be predictions and I am hearing that things are being heard

Ok you want a real prediction ? Here it is .

Before the season is out Chets will swallow his microphone and Darvo will start dropping the “prodigy” label like Lebron drops dimes

There will be a team of the season , and also , an All Prodigy XV that Roar Sports will try and injunct Double Take Sports from using under claim of intellectual property ownership

A

Aussie Luke

All of Nudgee will be cheering for BBC this weekend. Nudgee have a rest then a warm up v BGS and then battle BBC on Ross oval. Could well be a 3 team premiership.

At BBC. The players are there, the culture is there, the coaching is there, and clearly the hunger is there too.

As usual though, that also applies (in spades) to TSS and NC.

TSS look like a team with no weaknesses at all, but those Southport players will have done the math and know in a small corner in the back of their minds that they can drop a game and still win or share the 1st XV title providing Nudgee can do the job at home.

Perhaps a sliver of an advantage mentally,

TSS may also be getting tired. They don't get a real bye this year (round 9).

Player vs player (and I don't really like to mention names), its not a uneven match-up on paper.

The occasion and pressure might get to the BBC team this weekend.

They have to be in the right mental place, forget about everything else, and just focus on the game in front of them. Leave it all out on the field at Miskin this Saturday. Win, lose or draw.
[/quote]

A

Aussie Luke

Yes, I personally will be cheering for BBC v TSS this weekend, as will the old man and most of Nudgee. I'll even wear a Boater hat if this helps the boys in green, white and black get across the line for the win. They need to play the game of their lives but I think they can beat TSS.

More than happy to share the premiership with BBC, but if they then go on to beat Nudgee the following weekend on Ross Oval, then I'll tip my hat to them.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
I will say this for this BBC Team - which is quite a bit different to BBC Teams of years past

A number of these boys that have been here for some time have won Club Premierships ( Rugby and League ) , undefeated and/or Top of the Table School Seasons and been part of undefeated State Championship winning teams and dominant QLD Teams coming through their on their journey

This core I refer to are used to winning and more importantly have made significant contributions to what and where they have won - and they expect to win in their mentality. They aren't phased by the pressure.

If they don't win I guarantee it won't be because of the foreign feeling of not knowing how.

And the mind game begin...

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Mental toughness will play a large part on Saturday at Miskin. If BBC can put away their impetuous nature for a half, then I believe (predict) they will finish the stronger.

If they play the compose game build the scoreboard pressure and defend like the demon, they will be in with the shot at the title. Pressure arrive when you look at the score at half time and you cannot imagine how to play the second half and your coach is sounding like the panic one.

Hope this isn't the case but I like the look of TSS props in open v BBC D.

A

Aussie Luke

Mental toughness will play a large part on Saturday at Miskin. If BBC can put away their impetuous nature for a half, then I believe (predict) they will finish the stronger.

If they play the compose game build the scoreboard pressure and defend like the demon, they will be in with the shot at the title. Pressure arrive when you look at the score at half time and you cannot imagine how to play the second half and your coach is sounding like the panic one.

Hope this isn't the case but I like the look of TSS props in open v BBC D.

So what you are saying essentially is, do the opposite of what the Wallbies did on the weekend...

TSS are ripe for the taking in my view. This is a massive opportunity for BBC to ambush TSS. If they win this game, the premiership is theirs. Fire up BBC!!

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Wishful thinking there , how things have changed when a Nudgee boy is cheering for a BBC win in the hope of a shared premiership.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wallaby was compost not compose.

At least the 15 will catch the ball.

BBC really firming in my head now. They must be very confident at home with so many hardened club player. Look at TSS line up and cannot recall any impressing at club level - bit of a bubble they live in down there on glitter parade.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
My tips for Week 6
BBC in a close game
BSHS
IGS
GT (first win)

Have you watch them play Taipan? They have to be the biggest disappointment of the year. They have some quality kids and coaches but it all isn't working. Maybe the decision to let kids play for QLD is backfiring, as a few of those kids are playing 2nd XV. They should have BGS covered in the battle of the Hill, but I thought they'd have ACGS covered too.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Little message for the Doubletake commentators who I assume will cover the BBC vs TSS game. Love your work, but if you don't mind please don't talk over the Bagpipes for BBC this weekend as the players walk down to the field. It took away from the occasion last Saturday for me. Cheers guys and keep up the great work.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Have you watch them play Taipan? They have to be the biggest disappointment of the year. They have some quality kids and coaches but it all isn't working. Maybe the decision to let kids play for QLD is backfiring, as a few of those kids are playing 2nd XV. They should have BGS covered in the battle of the Hill, but I thought they'd have ACGS covered too.
I don’t think BGS have the ability to smack them in the mouth early like Churchie did , however , BGS set piece is far superior to GT so you never know. When the set piece is getting owned better be prepared for a heavy day of defense and winning the ball back on the ground - where GT have also been poor this season

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
For GT , not needing to score 30 points in the second half would be nice.

Put the poor start against BSHS down to the hangover from having had NC the week earlier.

Don't know what happened last week