• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

A

Aussie Luke

That’s a shit outcome. Does anyone know why Mason Gordon isn’t in the team. One of the best players and top point scorers this year. You can’t expect to win the most important games of the season without a goal kicker. Or a decent kicker for that matter. Looks like we are playing BBC for second place.

Whoever made the decision to not have a kicker should obviously be let go now.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
There was fatigue in their back row but no substitution?

On the funny side, the Double Take commentator calling Kelly-Knowles two third of Destiny Child was clever.

RedsRugbyfan101

Allen Oxlade (6)
I call BS. Should have been a 5 yard scrum regardless of the clock. I didn't know you could just throw the ball out when the clock ran out.

Partially correct - you are correct in saying that you can't deliberately throw the ball into touch. If the referee rules it to not be deliberate (ie just a bad pass) then blowing full time is the correct decision. Whether it was a deliberately thrown dead in goal or a horrible pass is what is debatable....

A

Aussie Luke

Partially correct - you are correct in saying that you can't deliberately throw the ball into touch. If the referee rules it to not be deliberate (ie just a bad pass) then blowing full time is the correct decision. Whether it was a deliberately thrown dead in goal or a horrible pass is what is debatable..

I feel sorry for BBC as they were the better team for sure but there was very close to zero chance of them winning without a kicker against such a side, and to send them into battle knowing this is profoundly stupid.

Shame as the game next week would have been a classic on Ross.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Partially correct - you are correct in saying that you can't deliberately throw the ball into touch. If the referee rules it to not be deliberate (ie just a bad pass) then blowing full time is the correct decision. Whether it was a deliberately thrown dead in goal or a horrible pass is what is debatable..

I was right behind it and am happy to give a sworn affidavit to the QRRA arhat it was deliberate for the performance review

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)

Bah...bad call either way. I get it, being is ref is hard and there is lots of pressure, but what a lousy way to end a game. Imagine that in WC game. They deserved the ball again.

kickingtee

Allen Oxlade (6)
I thought the ref was pretty average all day, missed calls on both sides of the game. Why don't the QRRA start assigning better refs to these matches, especially now that QPR is over for the season?

A

Aussie Luke

I thought the ref was pretty average all day, missed calls on both sides of the game. Why don't the QRRA start assigning better refs to these matches, especially now that QPR is over for the season?

A tough call for BBC but if they got just two of the kicks they would have been running onto Ross next week for an even bigger match than this. This is not going to happen now and someone needs to explain the thought process behind not training their kicker or not having a kicker.

Surely Terrace won’t beat TSS next week. Surely not. Or can they? Come on Terrace!!

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)

Correct there was only 2 options for the ref, who had declared last play - penalty or final whistle he had no option to pack a scrum, the boy being back there near the pass was enough for the referee to not blow a penalty.

The ‘deliberately throw the ball out’ along with the deliberate knock down are the dumbest rules in Rugby and should be struck from the book.