• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
BBC won't win.that's all I know at this point.
Too early to speculate. Isn’t there 12 players returning from this years team plus a number of good u16 and u15 players coming through? Without Gordon I don’t see a real threat. The nudge and tss will be strong again next year. A few Aus reps returning. The nudge has Vella and Pasitoa and tss has Zane.

Reactions: vac

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Seriously Gordon did not show form in thx bug games infact the 2nd XV 10 often looked better or Gordon’s younger brother who may be playing 1sts 2019

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Seriously Gordon did not show form in thx bug games infact the 2nd XV 10 often looked better or Gordon’s younger brother who may be playing 1sts 2019
Unable to comment on the 2nds 10 as he never crossed my radar but I watched Mason Gordon in the Gold cup for Queensland 1 team and he is going to go places. Bit harsh on Carter for a BBC supporter aren’t you. Just made junior wallabies squad. The only 10 I see as a real goer in 2019 is Reesjan giving the nudge the power to take out 3 premierships in a row. What other 10’s are coming through in 2019?

terry from Townsville

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree there isnt much around in 10s. Pasiota is the standout and the igs kid will go well. Asi too if grammar play him at 10. Big drop after that

Nothing in 9s either outside of the ipswich kid and that’s the thing that will hurt tss and nudgee to a lesser degree. igs and grammar could both have the best halves pairing in the comp. igs will contend next year

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Agree there isnt much around in 10s. Pasiota is the standout and the igs kid will go well. Asi too if grammar play him at 10. Big drop
after that

Nothing in 9s either outside of the ipswich kid and that’s the thing that will hurt tss and nudgee to a lesser degree. igs and grammar could both have the best halves pairing in the comp. igs will contend next year

IGS will be very interesting heading into Round 1 and I think they will have a solid bunch of players who will come together well over the trials particularly with the quality of their coaching staff. Top 4 contenders. Is their First xv 9 Kalani in year 11 this year or are you looking at their u16 coming through? Has Meli finished school this year or retuning in 2019?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
re 10s returning

Pat Elakana and Jordan Bell are returning for GT , as is Quinn Siolo who could be in the mix at 10 after replacing the injured Mone Ma'fu at 15 this year. Think PE more likely to have a run at his preferred position of 15 .

re 9s , have heard that the NC fellow who blew out his ACL before the season kicked off this year is repeating next year , wish him well after what must have been a tough year on the side lines in 2018.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Parents. Where else.
Two tss u16 parents at the u16 nationals mentioned it to me. Since then it has been the talk between the Nudgee boys.
Can anyone confirm?

G

GingerBreadCrab

News to me! I haven't heard any murmurings - anything this time of year is often spurious anyway

Realist

Chris McKivat (8)
A bit of news from up top of the hill. Believe there is a 10 turning up fresh for the start of the new year also a smaller then usual first 15 training squad has been selected, not sure what this means, maybe leaving some space for some new boys will have to wait and see. Don't believe their is any changes to the coaching staff so maybe in for much the same will have to wait and see.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Pasitoa signed with Brumbies for 2020. Great news for Australian rugby. Nudgee looking mighty fine for 2019 with a couple of Aus reps returning and some solid boys coming through. Too early for naming teams?

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
A bit of news from up top of the hill. Believe there is a 10 turning up fresh for the start of the new year also a smaller then usual first 15 training squad has been selected, not sure what this means, maybe leaving some space for some new boys will have to wait and see. Don't believe their is any changes to the coaching staff so maybe in for much the same will have to wait and see.
TSS?