• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
On the 18 Academy games ....there might be more opportunity for U17 players in the inside backs given I can’t see the Brumbies aligned Pasitoa lining up for Reds - and who knows if Gordon is upstream in U20’s

Could be an U18 centric pack and an U17 centric backline

Note : There is a proposed GPS team ( Brisbane ) picked after round 7 , squaring off against a AAGPS ( Sydney ) team as a curtain raiser to U18 Reds v U18 Tahs in September

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
12 Terrace boys I'm told as the Red and Black coaching resolution continues

Not sure about Grammar ( but I was told there was no support for it a week ago unless something has now changed ) , but elsewhere , only 1 player from inside a GPS First XV squad participating

No Nudgee . No IGS . No BSHS. No Churchie. No BBC ( in effect ) No TGS . No TSS.

Only Terrace - in any meaningful way

Watch out Red and Black faithful ......MCA are the only AIC School not participating in the Schoolboy pathway , and are in fact , your guests at the GPS Festival of Rugby at Tennyson on July 13th when they are due to face off with TSS

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Director of Rugby position is up for grabs but the 1st XV coach is news. A few decent Level 3 coaches floating around looking for a change. I’ll give them the heads up.

P

Patriot

Have heard there was big trouble at GT, that being the kids not be able hack a traditional old school coach.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Director of Rugby position is up for grabs but the 1st XV coach is news. A few decent Level 3 coaches floating around looking for a change. I’ll give them the heads up.

Is is? I thought he was acting as Director of Sport to cover someone on leave.

P

Patriot

Some out there believe when a person gets to a certain age they are not worth listening to and that they don’t know what they are talking about. I don’t think there was a lot of support from GT administration for the for the rugby program in general and definitely not the support required for a successful first XV program.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Tom is a good coach with great experience. Tom is the sort of guy that needs to know that his colleagues have his back. Not a great experience at BBC a few years ago. I thought he was travelling okay at GT other than the usual shit.

Thoughts on this Nomad?

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Tom is a good coach with great experience. Tom is the sort of guy that needs to know that his colleagues have his back. Not a great experience at BBC a few years ago. I thought he was travelling okay at GT other than the usual shit.

Thoughts on this Nomad?

How do you know ? I thought you claimed to be Nudgee aligned ?

I mean ....ultimately it does come down to results doesn’t it ?

Bottom line is , over the last few years , is that Terrace overrated their teams and their recruitment and then had the double whammy of not getting the best out of what they had . The faithful will say it is more of the latter - but it’s both in equal measures if you look at it critically

And it was pretty much the same way back when

Should TB have sole responsibility at GT for who came in ? Probably not . But the buck probably does stop with him with continued under performance in the results ledger. They probably didn’t really have a winner in his time there but finishes up the table could have been better

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
GT may be having trouble with their rugby program but their cricket program appears to be working. Poor Churchie last week. GT 1/350.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I guess the delay around the 1st XV coach at Terrace must be linked to the new DOR. You'd want the new guy to have a say in who's coaching the flagship team.

I actually think GT will go ok this year. Some good talent and a few guys who've had experience playing 1sts.

Warrenball

Bob McCowan (2)
I guess the delay around the 1st XV coach at Terrace must be linked to the new DOR. You'd want the new guy to have a say in who's coaching the flagship team.

I actually think GT will go ok this year. Some good talent and a few guys who've had experience playing 1sts.

Hearing some whispers GT may be looking to fill some rugby gaps from person(s) within the GPS system, from a school who perhaps can't pay the dollars they can...or at all