• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
That's right. ACGS have an average to above average scrum that has bested so called contenders whereas Terrace don't have one full stop. ACGS are more committed in defense and on the ground which is why I have them for the win despite reports of internal issues

I agree, but they also don't really have any really outstanding linebreakers (so far), in the forwards or the backs. Intriguing matchup.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Disagree. Their 8 is capable . And their 13 is capable . The Sword Brothers. I like their replacement 12 who busted Grammar open last week too ( yeah ok it was only Grammar ) but he was doing it in the 2nds and looks like he has had some transference of this capacity in Firsts. Good player.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Disagree. Their 8 is capable . And their 13 is capable . The Sword Brothers. I like their replacement 12 who busted Grammar open last week too ( yeah ok it was only Grammar ) but he was doing it in the 2nds and looks like he has had some transference of this capacity in Firsts. Good player.

Hate to bearer of bad news but both of the backs who you speak are not in the firsts along with a winger who has been dropped. There are some bad vibes coming out of Churchie at the moment. If anything could have been made worse Churchie somehow have managed it with the team they have for GT.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Yowza

TBH ....I was a bit whateves on the 8 but the 13 was ripping it up through the trial season and I was expecting big things from him this season.

I wonder whether the I'm all out of love Air Supply situation you allude to co-incides with the previous Coach who recruited them from Corinda High not being there anymore ? Isn't he at State High now ?

But I am not surprised at suggestions of issues as I couldn't believe that Aaron Prosser was playing 2nds in R1 and what ? Sam Farrar was running at 15 ?

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Yep BSHS now after leaving to a roll at Easts.
Don't really know but Churchie is getting slow ball from the inside backs. From memory the wingers only got the ball 4 times and I dont believe that was from backline movement. Look the forwards are doing a workman like job and can secure 50% of the ball. but that where it ends. No communication poor options and in their wisdom they drop other players instead of fixing the problem.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Yeah I understand the frustration. Scrum looks serviceable and on ball game is solid with Aidan King always being strong here , and I was surprised he didn't complete his transition to 7 this year and thought LDD may have completed the back row with Sword Senior and then the bloke that started the season as 2nds 12 - being your starter from the get go.

With a stable scrum and a committed on ball game with AK (Andrew Kellaway) in a more natural position and the steadiness of Prosser and McGovern in the halves - then your centres - especially Sword Junior may have been able to function a bit better . I also note the internal wraps on your winger HC

Y'know when you really take a long hard look this team really shouldn't have been that far off the pace from last year's team. I don't know that I would have had them Top 4 but they were definitely capable of leading what was left of the rest

Good luck in sorting it out in the back half of the season and getting it together. There is player capability there.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
My tips today based on player changes for BBC in Xplorer and GT listed above are
TSS by 40
NC by 40
IGS by 10 - Mason Gordon and Jack Kelly on the bench. Maybe a tactical move
GT by 10 - David Vauhi at centre which is his preferred position

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
My tips today based on player changes for BBC in Xplorer and GT listed above are
TSS by 40
NC by 40
IGS by 10 - Mason Gordon and Jack Kelly on the bench. Maybe a tactical move
GT by 10 - David Vauhi at centre which is his preferred position

DV was at 12 v BSHS the big change this week is GV from 13 to 10

A

Aussie Luke

HT scores, BBC 22 IGS 14. Churchie 14 GT 0

A very impressive win by BBC. Their backs were by far superior over IGS. It’s the second week in a row I’ve seen Ipswich’s backline dominated. I think BBC are a realistic chance to beat TSS next week and if this happens they will almost certainly win the premiership (even if a loss to Nudgee).

Pasatoa had another cracker. A quieter performance by Nudgee but they need to keep something in the tank for BBC in two weeks. What a game this will be if BBC beat TSS.

I’m now a BBC supporter (even if just for a week)...

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
A very impressive win by BBC. Their backs were by far superior over IGS. It’s the second week in a row I’ve seen Ipswich’s backline dominated. I think BBC are a realistic chance to beat TSS next week and if this happens they will almost certainly win the premiership (even if a loss to Nudgee).

Pasatoa had another cracker. A quieter performance by Nudgee but they need to keep something in the tank for BBC in two weeks. What a game this will be if BBC beat TSS.

I’m now a BBC supporter (even if just for a week).

BBC left quite a few points on the field with their goal kicking though (8).

They eventually dominated in the forwards and backs as the IGS injury list might show.
IGS always looked dangerous with ball in hand though.

The BBC forwards,
without big boppers, ground the IGS pack down. BBC pack were pound for pound stronger, fitter, smarter and more aggressive.​

The backline outplayed IGS, drove them back at the gain line and showed superior tactical kicking. The speed at which BBC gets the ball to the outside is impressive. The 12 & 13 are dominating in attack and defense also.​

The squad have some great selection issues at the moment especially with two quality number 10s who can get the job done.​

Imagine having the luck to bring in quality rep players at this point to replace previously unbeaten players. Its usually the opposite for most teams, especially BBC in previous seasons.​

I am glad the IGS 10 is going to league. Plays like he belongs there.

Should be an great match next week with BBC vs TSS at Miskin.

If BBC don't beat TSS this Saturday, TSS won't lose a game this season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some Nudgee supporters at BBC next Saturday.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
BBC left quite a few points on the field with their goal kicking though (8).

They eventually dominated in the forwards and backs as the IGS injury list might show.
IGS always looked dangerous with ball in hand though.

The BBC forwards,
without big boppers, ground the IGS pack down. BBC pack were pound for pound stronger, fitter, smarter and more aggressive.​

The backline outplayed IGS, drove them back at the gain line and showed superior tactical kicking. The speed at which BBC gets the ball to the outside is impressive. The 12 & 13 are dominating in attack and defense also.​

The squad have some great selection issues at the moment especially with two quality number 10s who can get the job done.​

Imagine having the luck to bring in quality rep players at this point to replace previously unbeaten players. Its usually the opposite for most teams, especially BBC in previous seasons.​

I am glad the IGS 10 is going to league. Plays like he belongs there.

Should be an great match next week with BBC vs TSS at Miskin.

If BBC don't beat TSS this Saturday, TSS won't lose a game this season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some Nudgee supporters at BBC next Saturday.

I predicted BBC by 16 well it was 15 but they had 9 missed kickable points from 3 conversions and a penalty

Lots of tries missed by one out players trying to score and not sending wide

I prefer Mason Gordon at 10 in attack

But an impressive and skilful performance - a very fit side with huge depth on the bench - it’s a big ask to beat TSS on the weekend but if everything goes right for them you just never know.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I predicted BBC by 16 well it was 15 but they had 9 missed kickable points from 3 conversions and a penalty

Lots of tries missed by one out players trying to score and not sending wide

I prefer Mason Gordon at 10 in attack

But an impressive and skilful performance - a very fit side with huge depth on the bench - it’s a big ask to beat TSS on the weekend but if everything goes right for them you just never know.

I think they have to consider making room in the run on team for the former 10 for his goal kicking. Can't afford to miss those kicks.