• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2020

Jeff Price

Bob McCowan (2)
Looking around the grounds on the weekend, one thing was made evident. BBC are looking stronger than ever. On the weekend the first team rested as the development team put on a display against Downlands. David Meng returned from injury, putting on what could only be described as complete and total annihilation of the defence. His goosey reminded me of a young ponga. Jordan Smith lead in and around the ruck, acting as a powerful enforcer. Mason Black showed off his spectacular passes and offloads. The future is bright at the college

Jeff Price

Bob McCowan (2)
Churchie vs Grammer puts to doubt the rumours that churchie where in contention for the title. Dispite having their full team intact they where almost toppled by a young grammer team. Notable players where the Grammer 7 (Judah Grubi) who was leading the forwards in all major statistical categories.

Jeff Price

Bob McCowan (2)
TSS vs TGS was a disappointing game to watch. It showed how crucial the loss of the 15 and 8 where to the team. I am intrested in seeing how the bounce back from this embarrassing display.

Wombat70

Allen Oxlade (6)
Had a terrible first round of picks last week so needed a big one! How good is the comp this year.! Be a close finish with a couple of teams starting to make cases for premiership.
In a different note, could anyone tell me if there a has been a player that has won the championship twice representing 2 different schools?
Probably not exactly what you were looking for but Ngiyaani Waters was in premiership winning team in NZ in 2018 and TSS in 2019.

I thought SyrisSchmidt rose to the occasion against TGS ; he seemed to be playing both 10 and 12 roles in a man of the match exhibition. Some talented players are going down from a number of schools ; the competition is tight.

EVAL 1

Peter Burge (5)
Probably not exactly what you were looking for but Ngiyaani Waters was in premiership winning team in NZ in 2018 and TSS in 2019.

I thought SyrisSchmidt rose to the occasion against TGS ; he seemed to be playing both 10 and 12 roles in a man of the match exhibition. Some talented players are going down from a number of schools ; the competition is tight.

Not quite,was just thinking about the GPS Comp, but still that’s an awesome achievement. Do you know which school he represented in NZ?

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Looking around the grounds on the weekend, one thing was made evident. BBC are looking stronger than ever. On the weekend the first team rested as the development team put on a display against Downlands. David Meng returned from injury, putting on what could only be described as complete and total annihilation of the defence. His goosey reminded me of a young ponga. Jordan Smith lead in and around the ruck, acting as a powerful enforcer. Mason Black showed off his spectacular passes and offloads. The future is bright at the college

Hey Jeff

You are not doing your school and any rugby players at that school any favours by posting this dribble.There is no David Meng in 1st ,2nds or 16 A at BBC.,There is no Jordan Smith or Mason Black.
Stick to your comic books.

Jeff Price

Bob McCowan (2)
If you read my post you would see that i mentioned that BBC rested their firsts players, the development team (seconds played in their place). Mason Black, Jordan Smith and David Meng are all members of the Seconds team. It should be noted that i do not go to a GPS school, i just love rugby. Their is no reason to attack me just for what i see on the field. Jordan smith was the starting prop, Mason and David came of the bench. For 3 young players i thought they played outstanding. Read the team list pal.

Attachments

• capappap.JPG
    capappap.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 391

Ronald Reagan

Stan Wickham (3)
If you read my post you would see that i mentioned that BBC rested their firsts players, the development team (seconds played in their place). Mason Black, Jordan Smith and David Meng are all members of the Seconds team. It should be noted that i do not go to a GPS school, i just love rugby. Their is no reason to attack me just for what i see on the field. Jordan smith was the starting prop, Mason and David came of the bench. For 3 young players i thought they played outstanding. Read the team list pal.

Don’t go to a GPS school hey? Try not to make your username the name of an old BBC teacher. Get back to class muscles.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Depth is really becoming a factor:
-TSS 8 and 15 gone for season.13 out injured;
-IGS 15 injured last week;
-BBC 8 gone for season -3,5 and 9 out injured last week.
Not sure about NC.
I hear Fifita back this week (maybe) .Any news on others?

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Not sure about NC.
Nc 15 out for rest of season I believe. Based on results of Nudgee B teams in all age groups Nudgee depth definitely a strength of the Nudgee rugby program.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Not sure about NC.

Didn’t BBC almost rest their entire team last week?

BBC Supporter 123

Frank Row (1)
Not sure about NC.

Hey mate, just to clarify with the BBC team:

Harry MP (Moana Pasifika) is the first option 12 for BBC, he was injured against grammar. So the first choice 9, Peron Faimalo (spelling?) took his place, and seconds 9, Blake Davis took his place.

Id think that the squad is back to full strength now, aside from the 8 of course. Also, not sure sure about 3, Henry Petit - if he is back from injury. Id expect the team to be:

1. Romano
2. Harvey Guest
3. Henry Petit
4. Hugo Perceval
5. Ollie Milne
6. Zac Hough
7. Dimitrius Williams
8. Tom Wheen
9. Peron Faimalo
10. Mason Gordon
11. Jarrod Homan
12. Harry MP (Moana Pasifika)
13. Jack Howarth
14. Lachlan Rubens
15. Taj Annan

A

Aussie Luke

Interesting one this weekend between Ipswich and BBC. BBC will need to be on their game or else Ipswich could take this one. Nudgee seemed to dominate the scrums and lineouts last weekend against Ipswich, and perhaps BBC will do the same, but Ipswich are a pretty solid outfit and could potentially cause an upset if they tighten up a couple of areas.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Tipping for this weekends round can be found here

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScm_ric-T2XwOa5yPposLEQme_G4AHDwzIpIp_IizenamBAFg/viewform

BGS vs TSS: BGS are an improved team this year but TSS should win comfortably. TSS will be careful with man-management considering they take on BBC next week. TSS by 21

TGS vs NC: TGS will be outgunned up on the range but will give it their all in a fiery game. NC will be confident after their undermanned win against IGS and are improving each game. NC by 18

GT vs ACGS: GT will be disappointed with the loss to BSHS last week. They will bounce back, but Churchie by 8

IGS vs BBC: Are Ippy going to be the banana peel for BBC? Will Ippy beat ACGS in round 7 or TSS in round 9? They are probably going to fuck up somebodies season at some point. Hopefully Southports ;) But BBC by 10

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
Hey mate, just to clarify with the BBC team:

Harry MP (Moana Pasifika) is the first option 12 for BBC, he was injured against grammar. So the first choice 9, Peron Faimalo (spelling?) took his place, and seconds 9, Blake Davis took his place.

Id think that the squad is back to full strength now, aside from the 8 of course. Also, not sure sure about 3, Henry Petit - if he is back from injury. Id expect the team to be:

1. Romano
2. Harvey Guest
3. Henry Petit
4. Hugo Perceval
5. Ollie Milne
6. Zac Hough
7. Dimitrius Williams
8. Tom Wheen
9. Peron Faimalo
10. Mason Gordon
11. Jarrod Homan
12. Harry MP (Moana Pasifika)
13. Jack Howarth
14. Lachlan Rubens
15. Taj Annan

Petit is out
Lington 8 is out
9 & 12 are doubtful.

BBC Supporter 123

Frank Row (1)
Big game with weekend in the u15s. BBC vs IGS, will be very a cracker of a game if last year is anything to judge by. Hopefully BBC backs remember to bring a good pair of hands this year!

Lemno01

Allen Oxlade (6)
I don’t think Harry MP (Moana Pasifika) was the first choice 12 against Grammar, he came off the bench coming on for Peron, and the second XV halfback coming into the 9 spot. IMO Peron should shift to back to 9 and HMP to 12 like they were running in the trials.

I think you are mistaken on Harry MP (Moana Pasifika) against BGS. He definitely did not play.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
BGS vs TSS: BGS will be brave but I can’t see TSS losing this one - TSS by 27

TGS vs NC: NC by 21

GT vs ACGS: I expect ACGS to win this game. Have heard that Churchie have lost 3 or 4 players to off field indiscretions. Maybe closer than many think. ACGS by 10

IGS vs BBC: BBC by 15

bhim

Allen Oxlade (6)
Dear Country Jack
You have gone very quiet about TSS.
Is Fifita playing sat?

Fifita hasn't been named in the team list for this week but he didn't have a cast or moon boot on from what I saw in the livestream last week so hopefully he is back for next week so we can see him v Howarth