• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2020

A

Aussie Luke

With the change of coaching at BBC, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Nudgee v BBC "final". This match might be the last or perhaps the second last of the season at BBC.
Nudgee host TSS this year and so I predict Nudgee will win that one with a strong U16 showing the previous year. What a way to in a Premiership this would be for BBC! They will take a kicker to this game for sure after gifting TSS the Premiership last year at home without a kicker (I still can't believe this), and I note BBC knocked off Nudgee on Ross last year, so they should have some confidence for 2020.
As a Nudgee Old Boy, I will be cheering of course for the Blue and White, but as a rugby purist, I will definitely raise my glass to BBC if they knock Nudgee off to win the Premiership in this manner.
Looking forward to the 2020 season!

Ronald Reagan

Stan Wickham (3)
With the change of coaching at BBC, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Nudgee v BBC "final". This match might be the last or perhaps the second last of the season at BBC.
Nudgee host TSS this year and so I predict Nudgee will win that one with a strong U16 showing the previous year. What a way to in a Premiership this would be for BBC! They will take a kicker to this game for sure after gifting TSS the Premiership last year at home without a kicker (I still can't believe this), and I note BBC knocked off Nudgee on Ross last year, so they should have some confidence for 2020.
As a Nudgee Old Boy, I will be cheering of course for the Blue and White, but as a rugby purist, I will definitely raise my glass to BBC if they knock Nudgee off to win the Premiership in this manner.
Looking forward to the 2020 season!

Should be the final at BBC in round 9.
Also, anyone have any info on the back row and no.12 for BBC this year?

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I think, and actually hope, some of us, myself included are already crowning next years champs or title game.

As a BBC old boy and a fairly long time and annoying forum member, I want them to win, but hopefully it will take more than a couple of rounds to see which 1st XV is really firing next year.

NC and BBC have a bunch of schools to beat before we can really start talking about a last round grand final, and every one of those teams is going to be backing themselves to try to win that game. Except BGS probably..

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Agree Fairplay

Quite a few schools have a good number of boys returning, could end up being one of the more even comps that we've seen in a while.

At least I hope so!

IGS had a very young team last year, they will miss Kalani and Walker , but their forward pack has quite a few back.

A

Aussie Luke

I agree re not crowning any team yet but I am just hoping for an interesting season with some well contested games and perhaps an exciting conclusion or an interesting set of permutations at the back end of the season.

I have enjoyed when the season concludes in a fashion resembling a "final" though e.g. when Grammar beat Nudgee on Ross in the last game of the season a few years back and when Nudgee beat TSS on Ross a couple of years ago at the end of the season.

It will be great if there are 9 strong teams in the competition this season......or at least 8 excluding Grammar.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I agree re not crowning any team yet but I am just hoping for an interesting season with some well contested games and perhaps an exciting conclusion or an interesting set of permutations at the back end of the season.

I have enjoyed when the season concludes in a fashion resembling a "final" though e.g. when Grammar beat Nudgee on Ross in the last game of the season a few years back and when Nudgee beat TSS on Ross a couple of years ago at the end of the season.

It will be great if there are 9 strong teams in the competition this season..or at least 8 excluding Grammar.

I'm with you all the way. I'm just a little superstitious and no point firing up the opposition by underestimating them.

That was a good decider with NC and Grammar a few years ago. Didn't a cow run onto the field at some point? The Sam Greene "you step mom is hot chant", and the flipping off the bird at the end.

Woldog

Peter Burge (5)
I haven't watched GPS rugby since I finished playing at IGS in 2008. I was under the impression that our team had been trash since my grade finished.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
New Wallaby attack coach is interviewed for an article on Rugby.com.au today and he is talking about the exciting 10s in the country. He obviously mentions Loloesio, Pasitoa, Harrison, Lucas but he makes a point of referring to the Gordon brothers. Obviously Carter is on the production like but that's a big wrap for Mason.

The Engine Room

Sydney Middleton (9)
Thanks Dad.

New Wallaby attack coach is interviewed for an article on Rugby.com.au today and he is talking about the exciting 10s in the country. He obviously mentions Loloesio, Pasitoa, Harrison, Lucas but he makes a point of referring to the Gordon brothers. Obviously Carter is on the production like but that's a big wrap for Mason.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I can understand this guy being across 10's that are further along , like Lolieso, Harrison , Lucas , Pasitoa (especially on his star turn on the 18's tour in the UK last year) and Gordon Senior.

But to be honest what would he really have seen of the young fella other than he's someone's younger brother. I wish the kid all the best and I reckon he'll have a big year where some of the chat (hopefully) marries up to the actual. Not the fault of this young guy but I see it differently to Reg on this one where its more a function of pre-validation - whether that's lazy assumption, or, a continuing sell job push from representatives.

I mean Syris Schmidt played every game and won a premiership with TSS last year as a 16 year old No 10 - one of only 4 or 5 to do so in the history of GPS Rugby - was boosted early into U15 JGC ( as a 14 year old ) and QLD U16's ( as a 15 year old ) and you never hear boo about him.

He's back again this year with Fifita and Ngamanu the Third

Maybe Syris needs corner men......sorry , corner people.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Am I right in saying:
1) no returning Aussie schoolboys /under 18 players this year;
2) Howath is Aussie under 18 Aussie RL and BSHS have 2 in Qld under 16 SOO team;
3) importantly- Ramano (BBC) is the only returning Qld 18 forward from team that won nationals last year ?

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
^
No you are not right. It is Romano as in Soprano

As in Luke Romano

As in :

cheese-Romano_cut_and_whole__22243.1539623876.jpg

SOSJBW

Peter Burge (5)
Am I right in saying:
1) no returning Aussie schoolboys /under 18 players this year;
2) Howath is Aussie under 18 Aussie RL and BSHS have 2 in Qld under 16 SOO team;
3) importantly- Ramano (BBC) is the only returning Qld 18 forward from team that won nationals last year ?

Nudgee have one player in U18 SOO team.

A

Aussie Luke

Are there any star flyhalves likely to be playing in this year's premiership? I'm sure Nudgee will miss Pasatoa enormously this year after having him in the team the last 3 years, as will TSS, BBC and IGS miss their stars from last season. I'm just wondering whether Nudgee should have blooded someone in this position during the easier matches last season.