• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2020

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
You would think that it would assist in keeping crowds down, assisting their covid plan

The Engine Room

Sydney Middleton (9)
True, but the behaviours of some BSHS parental/family spectators has been appalling at some games and largely gone unattended/addressed by BSHS officials. Last year particularly was disgraceful.

quote="Rugrat, post: 1146211, member: 6827"]Sadly not sure that State High has ever had to worry too much about crowd control at the Rugby.[/quote]

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
True, but the behaviours of some BSHS parental/family spectators has been appalling at some games and largely gone unattended/addressed by BSHS officials. Last year particularly was disgraceful.

Correct - Is was at last game last year and behaviour was bad. Coach even apologised for it.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It might be a bit of back to the future this weekend with Terrace playing SLC in a 1st & 2nd XV trial. The GPS v AIC trials used to be hotly fought contests before the change of seasons.

Rumour going around that the canteen might be operational too, one of the great burgers might be on offer.

Unfortunately, only parents can watch the boys play and they have to download an app for tracking. At least that was the latest info I was provided with.

RedsRugbyfan101

Allen Oxlade (6)
It might be a bit of back to the future this weekend with Terrace playing SLC in a 1st & 2nd XV trial. The GPS v AIC trials used to be hotly fought contests before the change of seasons.

Rumour going around that the canteen might be operational too, one of the great burgers might be on offer.

Unfortunately, only parents can watch the boys play and they have to download an app for tracking. At least that was the latest info I was provided with.

Canteen rumour 100% true - will be open this weekend. GT and SLC 1st and 2nds are doing an "opposed training session" on Friday afternoon rather than a full blown trial match.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Canteen rumour 100% true - will be open this weekend. GT and SLC 1st and 2nds are doing an "opposed training session" on Friday afternoon rather than a full blown trial match.

That's what I get for reading something on my phone at work when I should have been doing something else.

A

Aussie Luke

I think the GPS should really think whether State High should remain in the GPS. I think there are much better options.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I think the GPS should really think whether State High should remain in the GPS. I think there are much better options.

I'm not arguing for or against it, but hypothetically, which school/s might replace them? Downlands is the first one that comes to mind. I wouldn't think any of the AIC schools would just up and quit and join the GPS.​

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I'm not arguing for or against it, but hypothetically, which school/s might replace them? Downlands is the first one that comes to mind. I wouldn't think any of the AIC schools would just up and quit and join the GPS.​
Ashgrove would have the numbers and the sporting pedigree to make a go of it across all sports , not just rugby.

Edit : would struggle with rowing

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Ashgrove would have the numbers and the sporting pedigree to make a go of it across all sports , not just rugby.

Edit : would struggle with rowing

Not that this will ever happen, but given the fact it needs to unanimous so effectively each school has veto power, another catholic aligned school has ZERO chance of gaining entry, sorry Downloads you're out too.

The only viable (and IMO clearly best) choice would be SCGS - in the best geographic region in terms of growth and opportunity to expand GPS to not 'offend' other schools and it's secular.

RedsRugbyfan101

Allen Oxlade (6)
Any scores or reports from the trial games today?

I'm not arguing for or against it, but hypothetically, which school/s might replace them? Downlands is the first one that comes to mind. I wouldn't think any of the AIC schools would just up and quit and join the GPS.

The headmasters can't agree on something as simple as livestreaming rugby matches. There is a higher chance of seeing pigs fly then them agreeing on which school would hypothetically replace BSHS.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
I see Websters dictionary has a new definition of the word "Clusterfuck".
Defined as BSHS tennis program. What a mess -kids playing in boardshorts & teams not turning up.No teachers anywhere to be seen.