• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2020

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Sounds like BBC have joined BGS. This only relates to photos but I would assume they would be taking an equally restrictive view on streaming?

From the BBC rugby facebook page:

"As many of you know the Rugby Support Group administers the open social media Instagram and Facebook “BBC Rugby” pages. One of the great joys of being an administrator is posting the weekly photos of all the teams including the less revered ones in the lower age groups. However, the RSG have been advised by the School that this practice may well breach the Privacy Act and make both the poster and the School vulnerable. In a year when all our fortitude is being tested to not be allowed to post photos, especially when so few can attend the matches is tremendously heart breaking. We really feel for those parents of boys who board and cannot attend games.
We have tried numerous ways to fix this for this weekend but as yet do not have a solution. Hopefully, over the coming days we will be able to remedy this. One outcome is to have every rugby family opt in to allow photos but the paperwork and time to do that would be too onerous for us. We have questioned whether an opt out option works but the School advised that was not an acceptable outcome.
We have also been advised by the School that photos of any other boy than your own is also putting you at risk of breaching the Privacy Act"

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)

I was happily wrong!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou to everyone involved :)

Awesome!!!!

(how the heck did they get grammar to agree?)

S

Steven Sember

Nudgee's quality of footy is very below what i expected. In my opinion one of the weaker teams they've had in years

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Terrace v Nudgee: 24-19 to Nudgee

Ippy v Toowoomba: 31-12 to Ippy

BBC v BGS: 37-3 to BBC

TSS v BSHS: 37-12 to TSS

All scores taken from DoubleTake

117226857_187091939660849_6772410731787556155_o.jpg

I'm am not sure if this is correct. Anyone confirm?

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Quite an interesting round. Still need to take a look at some of the matches. I watched the BBC v BGS game and it was pretty scrappy. I hope I don't sound patronizing, but BGS were better than I expected and didn't give up.

Here is the link to see how your tips went:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSePrOgHQRxlIhPcFXcrYQqB4VK876liTfAT6c411X8NzKiyTQ/viewform

Hats off to Jack Siemon who picked all four winners plus the points difference in two games!

I will have the link for this weekends games up later.

BBC Supporter 123

Frank Row (1)
After the first round of competition this is my prediction of the end of season ladder.

1. BBC, undefeated as long as they field a kicker in big games (still have PTSD from last year)
2. TSS, not as strong as last year but realistically I don't see many teams containing Fifita
3. Churchie, blessed with a lucky draw I think they'll finish with one loss, to TSS
4. Nudgee, much weaker team then last few years
5. TGS, Mid of the table for TGS, only beacause of such a weak competition in the lower end
6. Terrace, Vaihu to put the team on his back.
7. Ipswich, Really missing Sam Walker.
8. State high, 1 win, against BGS
9. BGS, Grammar is grammar.... solid backline defense but looked no threat scoring against a form team like BBC.

A

Aussie Luke

After the first round of competition this is my prediction of the end of season ladder.

1. BBC, undefeated as long as they field a kicker in big games (still have PTSD from last year)
2. TSS, not as strong as last year but realistically I don't see many teams containing Fifita
3. Churchie, blessed with a lucky draw I think they'll finish with one loss, to TSS
4. Nudgee, much weaker team then last few years
5. TGS, Mid of the table for TGS, only beacause of such a weak competition in the lower end
6. Terrace, Vaihu to put the team on his back.
7. Ipswich, Really missing Sam Walker.
8. State high, 1 win, against BGS
9. BGS, Grammar is grammar.. solid backline defense but looked no threat scoring against a form team like BBC.

A pretty good summary. I think Nudgee look very average actually. Very one dimensional, no stars, no discernible strategy. Middle table at best I’d suggest. To be fair though Terrace did play very well and they should be proud of their performance.

I watched a bit of the BBC game on DoubleTake. This team is a massive step up from Nudgee however I think Nudgee’s centers are quite strong defensively and this might subdue their attacking options slightly. They are the team to beat in my opinion but I’m astonished that they still haven’t worked on their place kicking. I literally couldn’t believe what I was watching in this area. Nonetheless I think they will win the Premiership this year and will beat TSS also.

I was also impressed with Ipswich. I think they will knock off at least one of the big teams, probably Nudgee. Big forwards and their backs looked slick.

Reds Revival

Stan Wickham (3)
Having attended the last 2 BGS matches :
1) IGS are much better than I thought-high skill level;
2) BBC not as good as I thought -lower skill level than last year;
3) BBC very fit-their front row was still going strong at 70 mins.BGS 1 and 3 blew out after half time;
4) BBC 15 A team red-hot-(is that Tuquiri's boy on left wing?=jet shoes).Their match against NC will be a beauty.

BGS showed how to stop Howath.ON BBC ball the BGS 8 and 6 went into defence on him.But gee he runs HARD.
Great moment after match as both teams came together in a circle=hats off to both coaches.
Had a chat to Totai Kefu-what a gentleman-he thought BGS were more enthusiastic.

IGS can win comp if lack of depth does not come back to haunt them.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Having attended the last 2 BGS matches :

1) IGS are much better than I thought-high skill level;

2) BBC not as good as I thought -lower skill level than last year;

3) BBC very fit-their front row was still going strong at 70 mins.BGS 1 and 3 blew out after half time;

4) BBC 15 A team red-hot-(is that Tuquiri's boy on left wing?=jet shoes).Their match against NC will be a beauty.

BGS showed how to stop Howath.ON BBC ball the BGS 8 and 6 went into defence on him.But gee he runs HARD.

Great moment after match as both teams came together in a circle=hats off to both coaches.

Had a chat to Totai Kefu-what a gentleman-he thought BGS were more enthusiastic.

IGS can win comp if lack of depth does not come back to haunt them.

Good comment. I think there is an expected lack of cohesion across all the teams to varying degrees. I imagine rugby camps and other bonding events were cancelled.

BGS did well to compete, but I doubt the BBC coaches will be too happy with that performance. I don't know how bad the wind was at Northgate but the goal kicking for BBC does not bode well. They need to sort that out asap. Fortunately they have a couple of weeks to work on it. BBC prop Romano was very good and should be pushing for further rep honors if he keeps it up. When the other prop Petite comes back that's going to be a pretty hand front row.

IGS do look like a confident, strong all-around team. Genuine contenders at this early stage and this weekends game against Nudgee could be the match of the round.

Jeff Price

Bob McCowan (2)
After reviewing BBC vs BGS, the lack of chemistry was evident. They greatly missed Oliver Milne (5) in and around the breakdown as Dimitrius Williams (6), who was filling the lock position this week is not a good fit in Milne's role. Furthermore David Meng's recovery is great and he will return one game earlier than expected. Due to Mason Gordon's impressive leadership David Meng will be moved to 12 replacing Harry MP (Moana Pasifika).

Grammer played exceptionally considering BBC where expected to put 60 on them. Next big game is against IGS and will be one of the most important games of the season, I expect IGS-17 BBC- 32.