• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2020

EVAL 1

Peter Burge (5)
After reviewing BBC vs BGS, the lack of chemistry was evident. They greatly missed Oliver Milne (5) in and around the breakdown as Dimitrius Williams (6), who was filling the lock position this week is not a good fit in Milne's role. Furthermore David Meng's recovery is great and he will return one game earlier than expected. Due to Mason Gordon's impressive leadership David Meng will be moved to 12 replacing Harry MP (Moana Pasifika).

Grammer played exceptionally considering BBC where expected to put 60 on them. Next big game is against IGS and will be one of the most important games of the season, I expect IGS-17 BBC- 32.

Wow you must be really in the know over at BBC? Do you have a direct line to the coach with all these theories.....? I thought the 6 Dimitrius? Went well having to fill in the role of lock, definitely brought starch and physicality to the pack . I’m pretty sure he represented Queensland reds last year playing lock. Young kid but looks the goods. Not too sure how you think Mason was ever in doubt to wear the 10 jersey this year??? And if young Harry is not available this week Peron will definitely have a say as to who wears the 12 jersey.

westies94

Frank Row (1)
Having attended the last 2 BGS matches :
1) IGS are much better than I thought-high skill level;
2) BBC not as good as I thought -lower skill level than last year;
3) BBC very fit-their front row was still going strong at 70 mins.BGS 1 and 3 blew out after half time;
4) BBC 15 A team red-hot-(is that Tuquiri's boy on left wing?=jet shoes).Their match against NC will be a beauty.

BGS showed how to stop Howath.ON BBC ball the BGS 8 and 6 went into defence on him.But gee he runs HARD.
Great moment after match as both teams came together in a circle=hats off to both coaches.
Had a chat to Totai Kefu-what a gentleman-he thought BGS were more enthusiastic.

IGS can win comp if lack of depth does not come back to haunt them.

What are your thoughts about the IGS 15As - they have finished jointly on top the last two years.

Jeff Price

Bob McCowan (2)
Wow you must be really in the know over at BBC? Do you have a direct line to the coach with all these theories...? I thought the 6 Dimitrius? Went well having to fill in the role of lock, definitely brought starch and physicality to the pack . I’m pretty sure he represented Queensland reds last year playing lock. Young kid but looks the goods. Not too sure how you think Mason was ever in doubt to wear the 10 jersey this year??? And if young Harry is not available this week Peron will definitely have a say as to who wears the 12 jersey.

As this week BBC will be playing Downlands, I have been made aware that all starters bar the captains (Howarth, Gordon, Romano) will be sitting out. This game will be an excellent insight into the future of BBC rugby as it will give us a rough idea of next years team. I would like to clarify that while Mason Gordon is an exceptional young talent, he has the potential to become abit hot-headed, inherently, this is not a bad thing however, Gold Coast import David Meng (played with Dimitrius Williams in the youth reds team) was brought in to be the successor to the Gordon brothers and during trials outplayed young Mason. David Meng as a player is comparable to that of Quade Cooper. He has excellent vision and play making abilities. He is rather unconventional and as such as the weeks have progressed the team tactics would have to be centred around him. With makes it difficult to play him in conjunction with Gordon.

Do you have any questions regarding the team? I have inside knowledge regarding all facets of the program and players.

Jeff Price

Bob McCowan (2)
GPS Team of the Year Prediction:

1. Andrew Romano (BBC)
2. Harvey Guest (BBC)
3. Carson Patu (TSS)
4. Daniel Maiava-Tapusoa (Nudgee)
5. Micheal Van Der Schyff (TSS)
6. Dimitruis Williams (BBC)
7.Kyle Schramm (Nudgee)
8.Xavier Stowers (IGS)
9. Sam Farrar (ACGS)
10. Mason Gordon (BBC)
11. Malique Douthat-Sjoberg (IGS)
12. Lastus Auakai (Nudgee)
13. Jack Howarth (BBC)
14. Robert Mapa (Nudgee)
15. David Meng (BBC)

Reserves:
16. Oahu Davey-Phillips (Nudgee)
17. Harrison Swane (Nudgee)
18. Jullius Su'A (BSHS)
19. Thomas Wheen (BBC)
20. Marly Bitungane (Terrace)
21. Taj Annan (BBC)
22. David Vaihu (Terrace)
23. Jojo Fifita (TSS)

Reply with the changes that you think you would make. This is just my prediction so let me know yours.

S

siemondemon

Seen a few people commenting about Nudgee's first round performance against Terrace negatively. Terrace's side had a great performance but Nudgee coming out with the win is a solid performance. Always a close game between both sides. Definitely cannot predict end of season rankings for Nudgee based off of one round.

Jeff Price

Bob McCowan (2)
Having attended the last 2 BGS matches :
1) IGS are much better than I thought-high skill level;
2) BBC not as good as I thought -lower skill level than last year;
3) BBC very fit-their front row was still going strong at 70 mins.BGS 1 and 3 blew out after half time;
4) BBC 15 A team red-hot-(is that Tuquiri's boy on left wing?=jet shoes).Their match against NC will be a beauty.

BGS showed how to stop Howath.ON BBC ball the BGS 8 and 6 went into defence on him.But gee he runs HARD.
Great moment after match as both teams came together in a circle=hats off to both coaches.
Had a chat to Totai Kefu-what a gentleman-he thought BGS were more enthusiastic.

IGS can win comp if lack of depth does not come back to haunt them.

It should be noted that BBC where missing 3 very important players. They had to call up the Sole, Uhila Senituli for his debut in place of Henry Petit. As with the loss of Ollie Milne in the lock position they had to move around the forward pack. The loss of Harry MP (Moana Pasifika) and the still injured David Meng meant that Jack Howarth had little room to move with out of position uce, Peron Faimal(usually 9).

Reds Revival

Stan Wickham (3)
What are your thoughts about the IGS 15As - they have finished jointly on top the last two years.

Very good question.
I think you will find IGS lost to NC last year- and beat BBC on last play.
As someone else said-IGS tend to dominate at 13s /14s then lose momentum.
I understand NC have a number of new boys from met North team -so I expect them to win it. GT are good at that age group -but NC spanked them on Saturday.

Jeff Price

Bob McCowan (2)
My beloved son who is involved in GPS Sport has heard a rumour that has been making the rounds regarding a new Nudgee import that weighs upwards of 160Kgs. Some are comparing him to the likes of Romeo from IGS last year, apparently hes not a bad bloke from country NSW, 2nd cousin to Will Skelton. Starting next year (2021) Apparently he imposed terror upon the other teams in the NSW u15 Country Championships I Heard his name was something along the lines of 'Gordon Uesele' CAN ANYONE CONFRIM?????????????

F

Fat Tony 780

My beloved son who is involved in GPS Sport has heard a rumour that has been making the rounds regarding a new Nudgee import that weighs upwards of 160Kgs. Some are comparing him to the likes of Romeo from IGS last year, apparently hes not a bad bloke from country NSW, 2nd cousin to Will Skelton. Starting next year (2021) Apparently he imposed terror upon the other teams in the NSW u15 Country Championships I Heard his name was something along the lines of 'Gordon Uesele' CAN ANYONE CONFRIM?????????????

I can confirm Jeff. In fact i believe he weighs upwards of 180kg. And apparently he can squat twice his body weight. Definelty a star to keep your eye on over the next few years.

westies94

Frank Row (1)
Very good question.
I think you will find IGS lost to NC last year- and beat BBC on last play.
As someone else said-IGS tend to dominate at 13s /14s then lose momentum.
I understand NC have a number of new boys from met North team -so I expect them to win it. GT are good at that age group -but NC spanked them on Saturday.

Nah IGS beat Nudgee and BBC (correct on the last play) last year only loosing the Churchie after the bell from a penalty kick. Looking forward to watch the IGS v BBC 15A game this year as that will be the top of the table game.

sonnybinkboys99

Bob McCowan (2)

1. Andrew Romano (BBC)
2. Harvey Guest (BBC)
3. Carson Patu (TSS)
7.Zac Hough (BBC)
8.Xavier Stowers (IGS)
9. Sam Farrar (ACGS)
10. Mason Gordon (BBC)
13. Jack Howarth (BBC)
14. Robert Mapa (Nudgee)
15. Taj Annan (BBC)

Reserves:
18. Jullius Su'A (BSHS)
19. Thomas Wheen (BBC)
21. David Meng (BBC)
23. Jojo Fifita (TSS)

Reply with the changes that you think you would make. This is just my prediction so let me know yours.

Lachlan Bishop has been very solid for Terrace at prop

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)

1. Andrew Romano (BBC)

2. Harvey Guest (BBC)

3. Carson Patu (TSS)

7.Zac Hough (BBC)

8.Xavier Stowers (IGS)

9. Sam Farrar (ACGS)

10. Mason Gordon (BBC)

13. Jack Howarth (BBC)

14. Robert Mapa (Nudgee)

15. Taj Annan (BBC)

Reserves:

18. Jullius Su'A (BSHS)

19. Thomas Wheen (BBC)

21. David Meng (BBC)

23. Jojo Fifita (TSS)

I think you have at least 4 or 5 right in the starting lineup. Hard to see Fifita not starting though. And where is the TSS premiership winning no 10 from last year? Still early days and there are a lot of good players floating around and a few more rounds of rugby to go.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)

1. Andrew Romano (BBC)
2. Harvey Guest (BBC)
3. Carson Patu (TSS)
7.Zac Hough (BBC)
8.Xavier Stowers (IGS)
9. Sam Farrar (ACGS)
10. Mason Gordon (BBC)
13. Jack Howarth (BBC)
14. Robert Mapa (Nudgee)
15. Taj Annan (BBC)

Reserves:
18. Jullius Su'A (BSHS)
19. Thomas Wheen (BBC)
21. David Meng (BBC)
23. Jojo Fifita (TSS)

Not sure about the Farrar at 9. I am pretty sure there are better options available. If you tried to put a ACGS player in maybe you could look at Stoddard at 7 instead of 8.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
Also, BGS doesn't get much air time on this thread but they have some very good players on their team this year.

I already mentioned their 2 but on the weekend their 1 was notable , their 8 very notable ( especially in bolstering the midfield defense) and their 15 has very good footwork and can move.

Jeff Price

Bob McCowan (2)
Not sure about the Farrar at 9. I am pretty sure there are better options available. If you tried to put a ACGS player in maybe you could look at Stoddard at 7 instead of 8.

I was
I think you have at least 4 or 5 right in the starting lineup. Hard to see Fifita not starting though. And where is the TSS premiership winning no 10 from last year? Still early days and there are a lot of good players floating around and a few more rounds of rugby to go.
I agree, i believe that gorodn and schmidt both have strong arguments and could be interchanged easily. Where as with fifita he is easily the second best back in the comp behind howarth, i was just going stricitly by jeresey number.

GPS Insider

Frank Row (1)
1. Andrew Romano BBC
2. Ben Murphy IGS
3. Carson Patu TSS
4. Michael van der Schyff TSS
5. Oliver Harvey NC
6. Zac Hough BBC
7. George Stoddart ACGS
8. Xavier Stowers IGS
9. Sam Farrar ACGS
10. Syrus Smidt TSS