• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2020

C

CRUISER

Yep, never mind the fact Churchie Still have to beat State High and Toowoomba - they have already lost trials to BBC, TSS and Terrace - hardly credible contenders.

Whilst I don’t think it’s likely , facts speak for themselves, mathematically possible for a four way premiership in 2020 TSS, NUDGEE BBC and CHURCHIE,. For BBC FANS, 1954 a four way premiership - Toowoomba, NUDGEE , BBC ,CHURCHIE. Doesn’t history have a great sense of humour and 2020 has been a strange year.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Would be good if supporters other than BBC voiced their opinions and talked their teams up more on this forum. Some schools seem to have no input here, so would be greet for everyone to chip in and make things more interesting.

However I don’t think us BBC supporters have been over the top, and god knows none of us would be counting our chickens just yet. No other school knows how to blow a golden chance at a premiership in Rugby more than BBC! Nudgee, TGS and State High all will prove tough games as the pressure to end a 66 year drought will no doubt be building.

Good luck to all the boys in every team, 2020 is a shit year, so hopefully the boys get to enjoy the rest of the season and their year 12 as much as possible.

I'd love to TheRed but Terrace aren't having a great year in 2020. A real bright spot has been Angus Munn who was man of the match on the weekend. Only in Year 10 so should be there for a while. Hopefully they can get a team around him in the coming years.

BBC are easily the team to beat and I can't see it happening.

chips

Stan Wickham (3)
Have been watching the Terrace games closely this year. Angus Munn has played in all postions in the forward pack bar the ftont row. He hasnt missed a tackle and goes over the advantage line with every ball carry, and only in year 10. Most year 10s are in the backs, so for a forward to do this, surely this kid is a super star of the future!!!!! ive heard the Crusaders in NZ have made an enquiry about him joing their develepmont program.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
IF, BBC defeat NC, it will be Undefeated Premiership . Another milestone event.

IF, BBC lose to NC, I believe Nudgee can beat Churchie and claim an Unexpected Premiership.

A four way Shared Premiership is a Fantasy. Dream on punters.

But TSS defeated Nudgee. !!!

Oh--that was a trial ? what about the moral victory?

Really -only BBC are undefeated "at this stage

No way in world ACGS can beat NC.

C

CRUISER

-
But TSS defeated Nudgee. !!!

Oh--that was a trial ? what about the moral victory?

Really -only BBC are undefeated "at this stage

No way in world ACGS can beat NC.

TSS v Churchie - Hang on Churchie missed the conversion on full time to level it up. 31 all vs TSS. If the wind blew right, would it have been a moral victory over TSS and therefore NC would have no chance against ACGS? Tongue in cheek

BBC 14 v ACGS 7 IN TRIAL

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
I am hearing reports of some bad injuries for BBC after TSS. Certainly 3 of their big stars will not be playing against TGS.
Nudgee are firming-with only Tresman out.

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
I am hearing reports of some bad injuries for BBC after TSS. Certainly 3 of their big stars will not be playing against TGS.
Nudgee are firming-with only Tresman out.

Farmers win over BBC would be a fly in the ointment...

GT over TSS... now that is a deadset chance

and BSHS over Churchie...could happen, not a big stretch of imagination needed.

I know they are underdogs but we could see the season turned upside down this round.

A

Aussie Luke

BBC #1 Romano out for rest of season and #15 Annan out for a couple week

This is huge news that Romano is out. The BBC front row has been so dominant and I was looking forward to watching the match up between the Nudgee and BBC front rows. I think Nudgee’s front row has also been very dominant. Will Jones has been superb. I wouldn’t go as far as saying Nudgee will have the edge in the front row now, but I think that this will bring the two forward packs close to par.

Nudgee lost a couple of players also this season with Tresman and their number 15 but as the saying goes, your forwards win your game and your backs determine by how much.

I’d still favour BBC at this point but I think this will give Nudgee a bit of a sniff.

C

CRUISER

Yep, never mind the fact Churchie Still have to beat State High and Toowoomba - they have already lost trials to BBC, TSS and Terrace - hardly credible contenders.
Ladder.png

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
That sucks for BBC and the injured players, but gosh darn it, doesn’t it make the next few round spicier! I am excited to see the team lists.

That sucks for BBC and the injured players, but gosh darn it, doesn’t it make the next few round spicier! I am excited to see the team lists.

1 Harvey Guest
2 Uhila Senituli
3 Petit
4 Perceval
5 Ollie Milne
6 Dimi Williams
7 Hough
8 Wheen
9 Peron Faimalo
10 Gordon
11. Gauai Wallace
12 HMP
13 Howarth
14 Lachie Ruebens
15 Jarrod Homan

EVAL 1

Peter Burge (5)
1 Harvey Guest
2 Uhila Senituli
3 Petit
4 Perceval
5 Ollie Milne
6 Dimi Williams
7 Hough
8 Wheen
9 Peron Faimalo
10 Gordon
11. Gauai Wallace
12 HMP
13 Howarth
14 Lachie Ruebens
15 Jarrod Homan

That’s still a mighty line up...they will miss the guys out tho that’s for sure. Is romano and taj our for the season?

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
TGS should just go for it this weekend. Still an underdog but as a BBC supporter for a couple of decades I know how that feels. The colleges recent success over the last few years is great, but half of me wants TGS to pull out a shock win.