• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2020

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
There's only three teams that both sides have played during the regular season - IGC, BGS & TGS. From their three games BBC had a 124-36 (+88) for and against whereas Nudgee had a 111-19 (+92) record. So by that reckoning, I'm backing the fighting Catholics by 4.

Rodzilla

Bob McCowan (2)
Interesting that Shane Drahm chose today to announce his new role as rugby director at ARAA. I would have thought that should have been left until next week. Maybe the pressure from the Miiskin old Boys Association are starting are starting to infiltrate the group..no pressure lads just as long as you win

What is ARAA??

A

Aussie Luke

There's only three teams that both sides have played during the regular season - IGC, BGS & TGS. From their three games BBC had a 124-36 (+88) for and against whereas Nudgee had a 111-19 (+92) record. So by that reckoning, I'm backing the fighting Catholics by 4.

I think these stats are close but Nudgee have the better record for sure on defence and I thought for instance that BBC scored very soft tries against TGS in the first half against the small Toowoomba backs. The Nudgee backs are big, fast and aggressive. Their forwards, particularly their front row such as Will Jones, are animals. Nudgee have got this.

Ronald Reagan

Stan Wickham (3)
the better 10 tomorrow will decide the premiership. dallecourt vs gordon

I think you'll find Gordon will control and manage the game better. He seems to be level headed and won't make bad decisions under pressure, also a very underrated defender, kid can tackle. He'll be a big factor in BBC's defence in their backline tomorrow. But if it comes down to kicking, Dallecourt's boot may be handy.

lindsey courtis

Stan Wickham (3)
I think you'll find Gordon will control and manage the game better. He seems to be level headed and won't make bad decisions under pressure, also a very underrated defender, kid can tackle. He'll be a big factor in BBC's defence in their backline tomorrow. But if it comes down to kicking, Dallecourt's boot may be handy.

i think no 12 harry MP (Moana Pasifika) kicks for bbc

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think these stats are close but Nudgee have the better record for sure on defence and I thought for instance that BBC scored very soft tries against TGS in the first half against the small Toowoomba backs. The Nudgee backs are big, fast and aggressive. Their forwards, particularly their front row such as Will Jones, are animals. Nudgee have got this.
You are right.

Will Jones is an animal.

He’s a dinosaur.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
the better 10 tomorrow will decide the premiership. dallecourt vs gordon

I disagree.

It’s about who has the most impactful player in the competition.

And that would be Jack Howarth who is worth 15 points on his own.

Without him , Nudgee probably win.

In retrospect this premiership was probably decided a little over 4 years ago when Nudgee were a little too slow but made a late push in vain.

Regular programming will re-commence next year O’ye blue and white faithful.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)

Looks like it’ll be a dry field after all, given that and the fact BBC can be forgiven for a lacklustre but comfortable defeat of TGS last week after an impeccable flogging over TSS the week prior complimented by the return of Taj I remain reserved but confident. Gordon’s boot in play on a not so windy Saturday at Miskin only has to be half as good as it was at a windy Shark Park then he’ll be sweet, and yes the kid can tackle. Green White Black for me...

In the words of Mason Gordon Gekko It's all about kicks, kid. The rest is conversions.

A

Aussie Luke

If BBC win, I hope it is via Horwarth as I think it makes for a great narrative considering how last year ended v TSS.

If Nudgee win, I want it to be via a Will Jones led push over try (and then a quick verification of his birth certificate).

Oh boy...one more sleep.

A

Aussie Luke

BBC First XV Team List
1.Harvey Guest​
2. Uhila Senituli​
3. Henry Pettit​
4. Hugo Perceval​
5. Oliver Milne​
6. Dimitrius Williams​
7. Zac Hough​
8. Thomas Wheen​
9. Peron Faimalo​
10. Mason Gordon​
11. Jarrod Homan​
12. Harry McLaughlin-Phillips​
13. Jack Howarth​
14. Lachlan Rubens​
15. Taj Annan​
Head Coach: Shane Drahm​
Nudgee First XV Team List
1. Will Jones​
2. Oahu Davey-Phillips​
3. Harrison Swane​
4. Daniel Maiava-Tapusoa​
5. Oliver Harvey​
6. Maea Mitchell​
7. Noah Brogden​
8. Liam Le Blanc​
9. Oscar Varricchio​
10. Benn Dalle Cort​
11. Sione Tapuosi​
12. Lastus Auakai​
13. Robert Toia​
14. Robert Mapa​
15. Hunter O’Sullivan​

A

Aussie Luke

If I'm not mistaken, I think the Nudgee team is the same as last week. Number 2 and 3 for BBC are going to have to man up for this Nudgee front row.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Who’s up already? 5:30 pm here and 4:30 hours and half a bottle of rum to go. Need to pace myself.

Question. What was Romano’s injury? He looked good at the end of the TSS match. Just curious.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Who’s up already? 5:30 pm here and 4:30 hours and half a bottle of rum to go. Need to pace myself.

Question. What was Romano’s injury? He looked good at the end of the TSS match. Just curious.

Not sure but I heard there was a suggestion it was done in training - better get the fireball ready for after the tum...