• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2020

Dirty Caf

Frank Row (1)
Looks like jugs of illusions are on tonight to celebrate a great season for the College, making history and getting the monkey off the back. Only if the Dirty Caf was still open. Well done boys!

B

bluesclues

Interesting to read throughout the season how many people seemed to write bbc off (despite the bbc fanbois on here) including the couriermail at the start of the season saying that the season decider would be between Churchie and Nudgee. Even after the TGS game people were saying BBC had little chance against Nudgee. To me that TGS game showed that despite not having the ball for much of the 2nd half, they were still able to put on more points than the opposition. They showed this time and time again during the season that they just had too much firepower for the rest of the comp to handle.

TheRed

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think to be fair BBC have promised so much over the last 7-10 years but rarely delivered consistently. Usually finding a way to lose crucial games due to poor tactics, goal kicking or not handling the pressure situations. Having the pressure every year trying to break a 66 year drought has been too much for most of the teams. Now that the monkey is off their back they may be able to do what TSS has done and challenge more often for the premiership.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The final 12 minutes of that ‘round 7 special’ has highlights of all the tries (including BBC v BSH).

Another 3 tries for Howarth today, I said at the start of the season that he shouldn’t be lining up against schoolboys but he is a pleasure to watch. Looking forward to seeing him develop and play at the Storm.

C

CRUISER

What a great final round. Without seeing the game BBC looks to have done everything possible to keep alive a 4 way premiership, struggling to throw lowly BSHS, but BSHS showed some guts at last, and BBC must be tired after last weeks ding-dong.

Ipswich totally destroyed poor old TERRACE. That was a complete dismantling , with total domination in both the backs and the forwards and TERRACE does not deserve to finish above IGs on that performance.

I think someone put BULL HORMONE in the half time TGS water bottles. From a tight first half, TGS came and blew BGS out of the sea.

And finally the NUDGEE v Churchie game....... well let’s hear your views first. Cricket score

B

bluesclues

hope they upload the full bshs bbc game at some stage - not allowed to live stream but can show highlights is strange

3rdXV Casual

Frank Nicholson (4)
What a great final round. Without seeing the game BBC looks to have done everything possible to keep alive a 4 way premiership, struggling to throw lowly BSHS, but BSHS showed some guts at last, and BBC must be tired after last weeks ding-dong.

Ipswich totally destroyed poor old TERRACE. That was a complete dismantling , with total domination in both the backs and the forwards and TERRACE does not deserve to finish above IGs on that performance.

I think someone put BULL HORMONE in the half time TGS water bottles. From a tight first half, TGS came and blew BGS out of the sea.

And finally the NUDGEE v Churchie game... well let’s hear your views first. Cricket score

That was the poorest performance from Terrace this season, they got absolutely dismantled by that Ipswich side. Definitely not the game it could have been had Terrace shown up.

Congrats to BBC on their first outright win, well deserved, especially after last years unfortunate loss to TSS.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
What a joke that all first XV games are being live streamed this afternoon apart from the BSHS v BBC game

I would love to understand on what grounds the muppets who made the decision not to grant approval to live stream the game was made on

Good luck to all the teams playing this afternoon and especially to those young men who are pulling on their school jersey for the final time

The BSHS HM is blind walking around without a cane

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Final Round results

BBC 39 d BSHS 17
NC 28 d ACGS 20
IGS 45 d GT 12
TGS 34 d BGS 5

Congratulations to BBC FirstXV and coaching staff on Underfeated Premiership.
Can they win back to back Premiership 2021?

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
The final 12 minutes of that ‘round 7 special’ has highlights of all the tries (including BBC v BSH).

Another 3 tries for Howarth today, I said at the start of the season that he shouldn’t be lining up against schoolboys but he is a pleasure to watch. Looking forward to seeing him develop and play at the Storm.

Actually Howath got 4 tries
Great kid / great family - will play SOO for Qld

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)

I have been waiting a long time for this and even became superstitious not wanting to put the mocker on BBC by putting anything preemptive. But how AWESOME is that for BBC.

Yes, a lifetime in the making but for me most impressively is way they picked up from the disappointment (for them) from last year and overcoming all the uncontrollable issues this year. Just fantastic for them.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Actually Howath got 4 tries
Great kid / great family - will play SOO for Qld

So influential and seems like a great kids which comes from his folks as I am reliably advised the Storm offered him huge money to leave last year and his parents said no you can wait he needs to pay back the school.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Final Round results

BBC 39 d BSHS 17
NC 28 d ACGS 20
IGS 45 d GT 12
TGS 34 d BGS 5

2021 will have some great teams but the team with the best 5/8 and centre combination should prevail as they did this year.