• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld GPS Rugby 2022

Even though Rob "Razor" Toia is off to a slow start after round 1, He will 100% be the MVP of this year 2022 GPS rugby season. After his 150m plus running meters in this years u19 Origin game (playing 3 years up) for Queensland (most in the QLD team) despite they lost something 6-30 as a centre, the thought of "Will Sheedy is going to eat up this Toia bloke for breakfast" is an absolute joke. Rob Toia will make BGS look like a joke and every other GPS side this year, leading them to victory for Nudgee's 43rd GPS premierships. Not only do Nudgee have Rob Toia but they also have u18 QLD League Player Tory Bath playing outside him having already scoring 3 tries in the first game. As well as Storm signed player Jake House adds a very nimble and creative side to Nudgee. Inigo Lawrence #9 and Wil Rogers #2 having a very good game in the first round, are my player to watch for this season and many more years to come. With that Nudgee will Undoubtably win this years GPS Rugby premiership Undefeated !!!
Look mate, I appreciate watching the razor carve up Ross every saturday but this Will Sheedy bloke is a genuine menace. He’s one of those lads who are mongrel and just don’t feel pain. I really am worried that Toia has his work cut out for him and if he doesn’t step up then Will Sheedy may just eat him for breakfast

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
Score Predicitions this weekend!!!!! (Exciting) #IloveRUGBY
NC 52 - TGS 12
GT 19 - BBC 29
BGS 14 - BSHS 35
ACGS 27 - IGS 21

Stay safe guys, make sure to play for your mates and ofcourse chop low.
Does anyone know what games will be streamed this weekend?
It's funny the BGS connection building their team up, saying they will beat Nudgee etc when they lost to Downlands last week. Sure - Downlands would have fielded their best team but BGS would appear to have no depth if their 2nds (plus a few Firsts?) couldn't beat Downlands?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's funny the BGS connection building their team up, saying they will beat Nudgee etc when they lost to Downlands last week. Sure - Downlands would have fielded their best team but BGS would appear to have no depth if their 2nds (plus a few Firsts?) couldn't beat Downlands?
you mean one anonymous BGS schoolboy on a rugby forum?

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
you mean one anonymous BGS schoolboy on a rugby forum?
Rugby Reg there must be a couple of them like Duncan McCauley and Nudgee_dad1969 (now that name should throw them off the scent...I thought BGS boys were all intellectuals? The last time they won a Premiership was when they picked up young Cornellesen and his mate who had been shown the door at TSS (but BGS don't give scholarships? Do they??)

I’ve noticed that there’s several boys in this strong Nudgee 1st XV side who played their junior footy at Norths. Which begs the question - is Norths the best when it comes to developing young guns?

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
Look mate, I appreciate watching the razor carve up Ross every saturday but this Will Sheedy bloke is a genuine menace. He’s one of those lads who are mongrel and just don’t feel pain. I really am worried that Toia has his work cut out for him and if he doesn’t step up then Will Sheedy may just eat him for breakfast
Hopefully he wears his head band like he does in cricket,crazy scary.....

All this talk about BGS winning the premiership this year is interesting, as i highly doubt they will beat and very surprised if they do win against State High this weekend in round 2. Even though State High had a loss in a hard fought game, i'm certain they will bounce back hard this weekend with players like Toshi Butlin #11/14, Charlie Tagicakibau #1 and Captain Douglas Kennar #7 lifting the team this coming round. Toshi is a very quick and nimble player being one of the fastest runners in GPS and QLD Athletes, he adds a very high paced attack to State High and recently coming of many very good performances in the u18 Australian Cup for QLD. Charlie a big prop weighing in at aprox 95kg's is a hard ball runner and a player that is difficult to stop from "pick and go's" at the line he is compared to the likes of Taniella Tupou and Folua Fainga'a, additionally very skilled in scrumming. Open Side Flanker and Captain of State High Douglas "Dougy" Kennar is know to have a lot of Moungral as they call it however very composed captaining his side, he gets down and dirty in every breakdown, Dougy had a couple of pillphars and hardly missed a tackle in defense from what i watched on the weekend. State High for me is a very underrated team this year, being underdogs i predict them to win most of their games this season and end up in the middle of the table and even a close 3rd.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
As a proud nudgee dad and old boy, I am actually quite nervous for this round 5 clash against bgs. Just phoned my youngin and he got me bugging and “paranoid about the boys in blue”. I’ve heard that bgs have a quick and agile back row which has moved charlie mccauley into lock. Not only this but they have some absolute star power coming off the bench. Anyways, just keen to watch a bit of good school boy footy and may the best team win bgs!!
As a proud BGS student you should be in bed.

rugbylover35

Frank Row (1)
Gregory Terrace Team List for Saturday via Rugby Explorer:
1. Walter Joseph 9. Zac Taylor
2. Sam Fludder 10. Isaac Mcauliffe
3. Pat Murphy 11. Joe Clifford
4. Harry Fitzgerald 12. Henry Hill
5. Oscar Holt 13. Ged Sheeahan
6. Bill Fairley 14. Max Boulton
7. Luca Gassman 15. Jack French
8. Will siddle

Very strange from terrace with a full 15 man makeover, hope it pays off.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
8. Will siddle

A few first time posters tonight - glass of milk n off to bed son.

Rugby Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
Here we go again, the bitter child or middle aged dad who hates his life using the old default about nudges academic record. Chris this is a rugby forum mate, so keep your childish, petty comments to the family dinner table. Nudgee dominate across all age groups from 11A to 16D this my friend is based on its programme and hard work, maybe other schools could take a lead.Also champ if you want to talk about your knowledge of academia I can guarantee that the average wealth of Nudgee families is the highest of all QLD gps schools, as the school is made up of a lot farmers whose properties alone are valued in the hundreds of millions, so are you calling them dumb? stick to engineering mate and also soccer, oh thats right Nudgee won that too, must be all those imports. GFY
Well said.

Regit Silva

Frank Row (1)
The next team in the GPS that is very strong and would beat most of the other 1st XV teams is the Nudgee 2nd XV. They are strong across every position and combine well as a team. Quite a few "big" names in that side too. It would be good to see a play off between the firsts and the seconds during the last round, which is a bye round for Nudgee. I am sure it will be the best game of the season.

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
The next team in the GPS that is very strong and would beat most of the other 1st XV teams is the Nudgee 2nd XV. They are strong across every position and combine well as a team. Quite a few "big" names in that side too. It would be good to see a play off between the firsts and the seconds during the last round, which is a bye round for Nudgee. I am sure it will be the best game of the season.
Doubt the school rugby program will allow it, might reflect poorly on them justifying selection and scholarship program. Would be a great game though.

As a proud BGS student you should be in bed.
Hey champion, just so we're all on the same page - I am an active member and volunteer in the Nudgee rugby community. However, despite my confidence in Nudgee winning the premiership this year, you never know what can happen in season. I have also coached the like of Rogers, Sheedy, Bath from when they were younger. At the end of the day, rugby is the real winner and the more high quality, competitive games we can see, the better. I reckon you should try to find a better response than "go to bed" as you've used it a bit too many times.

Last edited:

ThatGuy98

Banned
everyone knows BGS is a better rugby school than nudgee...

This weekend's clash against TGS will be an absolute walk in the park for Nudgee. After watching round 1, Griffin Schostakowinksi is definitely someone whos underrated in their squad this year. The kid is a genuine menace on the field; looking like he's playing with three legs moving all over Ross. Inigo Lawrence also played out of his skin against their match-up with TSS, whereby he will undoubtedly leave bodies on the field this weekend. Both Mitchell Carlow and Dan O'Hara (outside center and prop) currently playing NC 4ths have just come out of serious knee injuries in pre-season, but the reported postponing of their surgeries and intensive rehab programs mean they could, at the least, be seated on the bench in the coming rounds for NC 1sts - watch out.

Last edited:
8. Will siddle

This is there 2nds side maybe even their 3rds side.

I’ve noticed that there’s several boys in this strong Nudgee 1st XV side who played their junior footy at Norths. Which begs the question - is Norths the best when it comes to developing young guns?
You'd have to search pretty hard to go past Sunnybank as the leading junior club. Only thing is they dont come back to the Bank once school rugby is over. In one club game last year there was something like 36 Sunnybank juniors playing 1st Grade at various clubs, then you have your juniors like Jojo Fifita who arent even playin Rugby anymore. The talent in the Sunnybank juniors is off the charts.

rugbylover35

Frank Row (1)
The year 11 boys for the terrace 1st XV such as Nick Dunstan, Tom Robinson, Noah Clifford, Charlie Cooke, Angus Kelly, Maika Poese, and Archie Xavier look to be some shining lights ready to rumble tomorrow against BBC. Will be a great match up!