• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld GPS Rugby 2022

What a wonderful round of Rugby!

Churchie lost as i predicted - ( tough to back up after such an emotional win last week) but I suspect their Territory , Time in procession, their Line out, Their scrum and Tight heads were huge victory to the Blue and Grey over a supposed Giant of the forward Packs - TSS were simply monstered in all aspects of forward play for mine.

TSS were galant however, and looked hungry and frankly it was only their defence that won it. Still a win is a win, but my takeaway., Churchie now has the most dominant forward pack in the competition( Not Muscle, but well drilled)....... and now I am more confident than ever, that this TEAM IS THE REAL DEAL. Take nothing away from TSS, it was a great win for them and keeps them in the hunt but they showed nothing to indicate they are a true premiership team than to hang on for a win, against all game statistics. TSS were completely out played but what a wonderful game Rugby is, and I think TSS deserve the win for gusty defence alone.

Well I was also comfortable in my BSHS pick to Beat GT. GT are on the way to the wooden spoon if not careful but I call that the Nudgee game will be their savior. I only caught Glimpses of the game but BSHS do need some accolades this week. Take a bow BSHS.

Nudgee looked absolutely exhausted at the end of the BBC game and those last 5-10 minutes looked like BBC were all over Nudgee. Nudgee are having to dig deeper and deeper each week to get them home ( last week not so much).They are missing their star RT, and now are playing barely middle of the table rugby. They need a Bye and to rest up. They are spent! BBC on old boys day put on a competition and showed they can mix it with the big boys but their season is done. I mentioned in my comments that the "Miracle of Miskin" was the goal but fell short Valiant attempt.

IGS continue to build and play good rugby albeit blowing a good lead. They will be a real handful by the end of the season if they keep building like they are. They however like playing at home and not travelling - Let keep a respectful eye on them.

BGS are a class team but today I think they found their level. Mid table with special merit for lifting from their traditional wooden spoon position.IGS sorted them. They do have some special players and continue to be a danger to up and coming teams but may struggle against the big 3. Still they are showing lots of ability. hopefully they finish the season hard and not wilt like GT.

So with 4 rounds done ,the Undefeated premiership is gone for all teams , and it looks like the Big Three, Nudgee, TSS and Churchie will duke it out. I guess with TGS leading Downlands 22-14 with 15 mins to play and spending heaps of emotional petrol in that game by the look , we should keep them in the race. TGS will face a light weight Churchie pack next week that not only has a good line out , the scrum is starting to fire!

Next week , it just gets better........

I have just finished watching the thug fest on the downs and I must say the Atmosphere looked amazing in the TGS V Downlands game. TGS seemed to be on top for most of the game although the "Supplementry Team" were very competitive. Despite TGS stealing the PATENTED@ "Churchie Represent" warcry used at the Nudgee game last week and accompanying jazz musician , TGS were actually able to create some of their own stuff on the ground and were able to grind over the top of Downlands. It Looked a tough and bruising match and the atmosphere although exciting will be emotionally draining for the teams dealing with it all.

Near fulltime, TGS finally showed some brittleness and let Downlands in for the final say of the game and allow Downlands to Steal the momentum ( Like TGS steals warcrys). Downlands forward drive was unanswered and they scored a solid forwards try. To TGS 'S credit they were showing limited "hands on hips" and "bending over" Fatigue like the Nudgee team who looked like they were on another planet v BBC at the end of their 70 min. There was minor cramping seen but the TGS forwards looked to handle the fatigue well- full credit to their strength and conditioning coashes.

TGS will go away , elated at the win today. 27-21. Their performance against IGS , Nudgee, and TSS and now against Downlands "Bash'em in the Bush" Derby, they have had a very torrid but rewarding few weeks. Still to play the bruising IGS game , the Nudgee and TSS games and then the Downlands grudge game, I think Churchie can feel that TGS team has been well tenderised.

That is a tough lead in for any team and it may also make them Battle Hardened. Still these guys are only Kids trying to get their History assignments finished and 280 minutes of Intensity rugby across 4 games without a break would test the fittest international or Super 14 teams. Keep in mind the TGS travel too.

Churchie will come away from SHARK PARK brimming with confidence. The scoreboard says they didn't win, and that is a fact. However the Leg up in maturity and experience, they obviously took away this afternoon and the complete statistical shut out they provided, should give them some confidence.

At the moment, I am reserving my call for who will win the TGS V CHURCHIE game, but I have seen enough of the Downs games this afternoon, to know Churchie has another tough assignment to hand in next week themselves. I think I am leaning TGS but will think it out.

Other games BSHS V IGS - Very interesting after this afternoons results - Was it a fluke BSHS or Can IGS even travel to a win?

Thank goodness Terrace are given a week off, to try and have a good hard look at themselves.

Nudgee are playing BGS on Ross ( aka loss ) oval and many of the BGS community remember that afternoon in 2012 when Sam Green took the premiership from Nudgee in a dominant display and they believe that is about to happen again. Nudgee Ambush #2 perhaps? Nudgee do look to have fallen asleep at the wheel- they are tired!

And the final is BBC v TSS at Misken. BBC showed enough against Nudgee and are at home. Again they would love to surprise the Sharkies. Sharkies definitely got the win today but the score was flattering.BBC V TSS over recent years has turned into a grudge match.

This premiership is still wide open!

DRFC

Frank Nicholson (4)
BGS came to Ipswich with their heads held high and undefeated, and left with their tails between their legs.

Another fantastic game of schoolboy rugby.

Everyone of IGS players were outstanding today.
My MOM was the IGS Flyhalf Jack Hocking.
No team will beat IGS at home this yr.

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)

I have just finished watching the thug fest on the downs and I must say the Atmosphere looked amazing in the TGS V Downlands game. TGS seemed to be on top for most of the game although the "Supplementry Team" were very competitive. Despite TGS stealing the PATENTED@ "Churchie Represent" warcry used at the Nudgee game last week and accompanying jazz musician , TGS were actually able to create some of their own stuff on the ground and were able to grind over the top of Downlands. It Looked a tough and bruising match and the atmosphere although exciting will be emotionally draining for the teams dealing with it all.

Near fulltime, TGS finally showed some brittleness and let Downlands in for the final say of the game and allow Downlands to Steal the momentum ( Like TGS steals warcrys). Downlands forward drive was unanswered and they scored a solid forwards try. To TGS 'S credit they were showing limited "hands on hips" and "bending over" Fatigue like the Nudgee team who looked like they were on another planet v BBC at the end of their 70 min. There was minor cramping seen but the TGS forwards looked to handle the fatigue well- full credit to their strength and conditioning coashes.

TGS will go away , elated at the win today. 27-21. Their performance against IGS , Nudgee, and TSS and now against Downlands "Bash'em in the Bush" Derby, they have had a very torrid but rewarding few weeks. Still to play the bruising IGS game , the Nudgee and TSS games and then the Downlands grudge game, I think Churchie can feel that TGS team has been well tenderised.

That is a tough lead in for any team and it may also make them Battle Hardened. Still these guys are only Kids trying to get their History assignments finished and 280 minutes of Intensity rugby across 4 games without a break would test the fittest international or Super 14 teams. Keep in mind the TGS travel too.

Churchie will come away from SHARK PARK brimming with confidence. The scoreboard says they didn't win, and that is a fact. However the Leg up in maturity and experience, they obviously took away this afternoon and the complete statistical shut out they provided, should give them some confidence.

At the moment, I am reserving my call for who will win the TGS V CHURCHIE game, but I have seen enough of the Downs games this afternoon, to know Churchie has another tough assignment to hand in next week themselves. I think I am leaning TGS but will think it out.

Other games BSHS V IGS - Very interesting after this afternoons results - Was it a fluke BSHS or Can IGS even travel to a win?

Thank goodness Terrace are given a week off, to try and have a good hard look at themselves.

Nudgee are playing BGS on Ross ( aka loss ) oval and many of the BGS community remember that afternoon in 2012 when Sam Green took the premiership from Nudgee in a dominant display and they believe that is about to happen again. Nudgee Ambush #2 perhaps? Nudgee do look to have fallen asleep at the wheel- they are tired!

And the final is BBC v TSS at Misken. BBC showed enough against Nudgee and are at home. Again they would love to surprise the Sharkies. Sharkies definitely got the win today but the score was flattering.BBC V TSS over recent years has turned into a grudge match.

How did you watch the TGS Game? Didn’t see it on Cluch TV.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from TSS v Churchie today

BluesAllDay

Bob McCowan (2)
BGS came to Ipswich with their heads held high and undefeated, and left with their tails between their legs.

Same speech from last week. Was the crowd better? Ippy going well but the home crowd atmosphere is crap. Possibly the worst rugby atmosphere at a GPS school. Hopefully the school gets behind their boys.

BluesAllDay

Bob McCowan (2)

Score line doesn’t do justice to the effort today from BBC boys. Made Nudgee work hard for the win. Missing a key link today, winger 11 out injured. These boys are a very young team and will be better for it next year.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Score line doesn’t do justice to the effort today from BBC boys. Made Nudgee work hard for the win. Missing a key link today, winger 11 out injured. These boys are a very young team and will be better for it next year.
They try hard but the forwards don’t have necessary ball control or impact to score when in the opposing sides 20 is the real problem. Fullback is a very consistent player.

BluesAllDay

Bob McCowan (2)
They try hard but the forwards don’t have necessary ball control or impact to score when in the opposing sides 20 is the real problem. Fullback is a very consistent player.
The backline is impressive, forwards trying to play a dominant game without the pack size. Should be two crash runners possibly the 3 and 8 and then out to the backs. 9 needs to feed the line more and play eyes up footy.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Another exciting Round

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220806-232317_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220806-232317_Instagram.jpg
    756.7 KB · Views: 230

DRFC

Frank Nicholson (4)
Same speech from last week. Was the crowd better? Ippy going well but the home crowd atmosphere is crap. Possibly the worst rugby atmosphere at a GPS school. Hopefully the school gets behind their boys.
Lol, crap atmosphere and still won. Imagine if they had the whole school behind them yesterday, they would have pumped BGS by least 20.

Last edited:

Sideline Hack

Frank Nicholson (4)
Anyone watched much of State High?

I only saw bits of today but every time I did their 10 looked dynamite. Anyone know much about him?

Bounced around a couple of junior rugby clubs. Was the flyhalf for U15 Qld Emerging Reds merit side last year and made the step up this year into the recent Reds U18 Academy side (as a 16 year old) along with his elder brother. Also played a bit of Cyril Connell cup over the last 2 years for Redcliffe.

Massive potential (alongside the 12 who was outside him) but suspect there will be a battle of codes over him.

Crackers

Frank Row (1)
Lol, crap atmosphere and still won. Imagine if they had the whole school behind them yesterday, they would have pumped BGS by least 20.
Yep….atmosphere looked crap alright.

Attachments

• 3CA491FC-FD10-4A1C-BE65-0EFF290B41EF.jpeg
    3CA491FC-FD10-4A1C-BE65-0EFF290B41EF.jpeg
    295.2 KB · Views: 211

Crackers

Frank Row (1)
Yep atmosphere was crap alright‍♂️♂️

Attachments

• 3053F3E7-5C73-4AA0-A953-C4A204D7EB3B.jpeg
    3053F3E7-5C73-4AA0-A953-C4A204D7EB3B.jpeg
    295.2 KB · Views: 201

Rusted

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sounds to me like a salty comment from an ungracious BGS supporter. Having watched many games from the wastelands of Northgate where you require a pair of binoculars to watch a game, I have to say the atmosphere at IGS old boys day was tremendous. When the full time penalty kick to win the game for IGS went over, the crowd spilled onto the field celebrating wildly. Hardly a 'crap' atmosphere.

Pale Rider

Frank Row (1)
Just a reminder, this forum is read by students (obviously), parents, coaches, teachers as well as by rugby bodies etc.

There is a standard rule - don't talk disrespectfully of schoolboys. I take a low tolerance to it. Don't talk down about whole teams, individual players, specific positions etc. Or you will go.

These are school kids for crying out loud. Online anonymous bullying is pathetic. Lift your game.
I assume critiquing the behaviour of the old boys now grown men is ok? The behaviour of some of the Churchie old boys at the Churchie v Nudgee game at East Brisbane last week was ordinary to be frank. They booed and hissed as the goal kicker was lining up kicks and at the conclusion of the game stormed the ground like they were current students and gave it to the Nudgee kids in the crowd. Now as an old boy I get it. We are all passionate and want our schools to win but come on lads, our time has past, let’s set an example for our sons and show them what being GPS old boy is all about.

Neville Magee

Stan Wickham (3)
I assume critiquing the behaviour of the old boys now grown men is ok? The behaviour of some of the Churchie old boys at the Churchie v Nudgee game at East Brisbane last week was ordinary to be frank. They booed and hissed as the goal kicker was lining up kicks and at the conclusion of the game stormed the ground like they were current students and gave it to the Nudgee kids in the crowd. Now as an old boy I get it. We are all passionate and want our schools to win but come on lads, our time has past, let’s set an example for our sons and show them what being GPS old boy is all about.
Hmm, is there a correlation with Easts v Brothers? I totally agree. Keep clubland at clubland with all the naughty fun that is associated and keep schoolboy bubble in its cradle.