• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld GPS Rugby 2022

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
Every year on paper Nudgee should/could win, but they don’t Win every year. Considering the depth of talent, due to quality recruitment from league, 3 year seniors program for age qualified stars and a strong all year round rugby program for boys in the A and B squads they Dominate Across the age groups. There is few surprises from a Nudgee team with tactics, selections and attitude duplicated year in year out. Nudgee Pick and stick with players in the firsts and recruit to suit the pre determined game plan. Nudgee formula relies heavily on individual attack brilliance from key recruits while the rest of the team is built on defence. If you crack the formula though they can be beaten. This years first xv relies heavily on Toia and Bath. Neither are playing in trial today so will be interesting to watch how they go. The starting ten the coach has gone for has not fired yet in trials and has played very little rugby being a leagie import, and out all last year due to injury so will be interesting to see how he goes today. Has the coach made the right selection calls? I expect a solid win v Tce today but that may just set them up for a fall v TSS in the opening round If they get a bit cocky. Nudgee have no byes till the final round this year so predict their depth will be called on especially by the time they play BBC. Frankly the Nudgee 2nds would beat most GPS first teams, in fact if you take Bath and Toia out of the firsts, the 1st and 2nds are pretty interchangeable so will be interesting to see how both teams players go today. Good luck to all. Bring on the season.
C1807901-6873-4FB1-850F-FA725D0B9366.jpegGT going in at full strength today according to the team listed on Rugby Xplorer. Likewise the BGS team named looks like their best XV so will be a real indicator for how both teams will fare this year.

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
Every year on paper Nudgee should/could win, but they don’t Win every year. Considering the depth of talent, due to quality recruitment from league, 3 year seniors program for age qualified stars and a strong all year round rugby program for boys in the A and B squads they Dominate Across the age groups. There is few surprises from a Nudgee team with tactics, selections and attitude duplicated year in year out. Nudgee Pick and stick with players in the firsts and recruit to suit the pre determined game plan. Nudgee formula relies heavily on individual attack brilliance from key recruits while the rest of the team is built on defence. If you crack the formula though they can be beaten. This years first xv relies heavily on Toia and Bath. Neither are playing in trial today so will be interesting to watch how they go. The starting ten the coach has gone for has not fired yet in trials and has played very little rugby being a leagie import, and out all last year due to injury so will be interesting to see how he goes today. Has the coach made the right selection calls? I expect a solid win v Tce today but that may just set them up for a fall v TSS in the opening round If they get a bit cocky. Nudgee have no byes till the final round this year so predict their depth will be called on especially by the time they play BBC. Frankly the Nudgee 2nds would beat most GPS first teams, in fact if you take Bath and Toia out of the firsts, the 1st and 2nds are pretty interchangeable so will be interesting to see how both teams players go today. Good luck to all. Bring on the season.
Lol spoken like a true BBC parent ,I don’t think Nudgee rely on anyone ,that’s why they are good year in year out .

Ear

Peter Burge (5)
True that - as a BBC ex parent
I think BBC should concentrate on their Rugby program rather than trying to buy a 1st XV. The exact reason they didn’t 1 game of rugby against Nudgee in 2021 in all grades.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
I think BBC should concentrate on their Rugby program rather than trying to buy a 1st XV. The exact reason they didn’t 1 game of rugby against Nudgee in 2021 in all grades.
Yeah yeah they’re doing okay but you can work on your grammar old son!!

Pale Rider

Frank Row (1)
Was out at Nudgee yesterday and happened to stand and watch a lower grade opens game for a while. It was Nudgee v Nudgee but hell it was tough and skill level was high. Probably the hardest game those boys will play all year, against each other!! No wonder the school is miles ahead of everyone else I reckon on what I saw most of the boys would make much higher teams at every other school in the comp

Rugby Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
My Ladder Prediction for 2022 season:

I think a big upset on Ross this Sat.

1. TSS
2. Nudgee
3. Churchie
4. BBC
5. BGS
6. IGS
7. Terrace
7. TGS
8. State High

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Why don't Australian rugby administrators just photocopy exactly what the NZ rugby do or the SA rugby do instead of coming up with constantly absurd ideas!? Surely we could find someone with some common sense to run rugby in Australia. The top rugby schools in the GP have superb programs and then as soon as you go the next step into the professional arena, it becomes ridiculous how poorly it is managed.
Australian Rugby don't control school sport in Australia. GPS isn't just about rugby so it's only a sport for one term. While we'd all love rugby to run for longer it just isn't going to.

Rugby Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
That's my point i.e. the GPS rugby is superb both in the standard of rugby, passion from the payers and supporters and in its culture but when the ARU get involved after they leave school it disintegrates in all areas.

Outsider

Frank Nicholson (4)
My Ladder Prediction for 2022 season:

I think a big upset on Ross this Sat.

1. TSS
2. Nudgee
3. Churchie
4. BBC
5. BGS
6. IGS
7. Terrace
7. TGS