• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld GPS Rugby 2022

Rugby Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
Newington College 1863 39
Waverley College 1903 34
Brisbane Grammar School 1868 33
Marist College 1968 33
Ipswich Grammar School1863 33
St. Joseph's College Gregory 1875 33
Marist College 1940 27
Church of England Grammar North Sydney 1889 23
Knox Grammar School 1924 23
Brisbane Boys College 1902 2

Rodger Ramjet

Frank Row (1)
Sorry Nausealander I put the wrong heading for the third column. I should have read "Wooden Spoon". Congrats you guys won something. Also mate GPS Rugby didn't start till 1918. wrong again big fella. keep throwing darts.
Just a side note the schools that were around then played Aussie rules prior to the start of WW1

I am looking forward to the BGS V TGS GAME . This going to be close. I honestly think TGS had a good team this year , that could have easily have won the premiership. They should hold their heads up. The team is full of Backbone and Grit and I have offered it utmost respect all season on this forum. Just look at that performance v Nudgee and then that absolute arm wrestle with IGS, and who can forget the TSS game- all could have so easily fallen decisively their way. They really have been a nightmare to the top shelf teams.

BGS has also been a breath of fresh air this year. They are evolving into a strong capable unit. They are youthful and enthusiastic and just when you think they are falling asleep, they hit the overdrive, and the team clicks into a silky machine and the speed with which they play the game is another level - well most cant go with them and they spike a try out of nothing. They play sedated but when they get on their toes and show the flair, it is pretty rugby to watch. I am unsure how many U 16 are in this team, but if they have a few coming through next year ........... congratulations BGS Coaches for this years improvement.

These two are worthy opponents for each other and whilst I think TGS plays a higher quality game of rugby, the Flamboyance of the BGS backline and their ability to hit Max RPM, at home means we might see them get up ," Just" , this weekend. A true purists battle for sure.

Rugby Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
I agree that both BGS and TGS are strong sides. TGS with their country boys who plodded away at TGS in the early years to make the 1sts and BGS with their cheque book targeting players for their 1sts to keep the old boys happy.

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
I am looking forward to the BGS V TGS GAME . This going to be close. I honestly think TGS had a good team this year , that could have easily have won the premiership. They should hold their heads up. The team is full of Backbone and Grit and I have offered it utmost respect all season on this forum. Just look at that performance v Nudgee and then that absolute arm wrestle with IGS, and who can forget the TSS game- all could have so easily fallen decisively their way. They really have been a nightmare to the top shelf teams.

BGS has also been a breath of fresh air this year. They are evolving into a strong capable unit. They are youthful and enthusiastic and just when you think they are falling asleep, they hit the overdrive, and the team clicks into a silky machine and the speed with which they play the game is another level - well most cant go with them and they spike a try out of nothing. They play sedated but when they get on their toes and show the flair, it is pretty rugby to watch. I am unsure how many U 16 are in this team, but if they have a few coming through next year ........... congratulations BGS Coaches for this years improvement.

These two are worthy opponents for each other and whilst I think TGS plays a higher quality game of rugby, the Flamboyance of the BGS backline and their ability to hit Max RPM, at home means we might see them get up ," Just" , this weekend. A true purists battle for sure.
TGS def IGS 18 - 10 first round. I have previously posted the close results for TGS v NC (couldn't convert a try with 2 in front and held up over the line at full time), v TSS (had a penalty to win the game and missed); led ACGS 18 - 15 with 5 minutes to go. I think the Coach, Scott Gale, deserves some credit - a former Red, played in Japan and the USA, part of the NC Coaching Team for 4 years and full-time coach of TGS. Hope he sticks around.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I have lost interest in the Wallabies. For the Reds to dominate the domestic Super Rugby Comp (7 wins from 8 and lost the 8th on a ref's error) and then get 4 out of 23 in the Wallaby squad...no wonder we got flogged by Argentina.

Conveniently forgetting their performances v NZL.

Rugby Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
I don't bother with the Wallabies either. They are an international laughing stock and there is no coherent culture nor respect for the jersey nor respect for the past. They are stupid people both in the team and in management and coaching.

Regit Silva

Frank Row (1)
We must not forget that both Nudgee and Terrace 2nd XV's are unbeaten. Nudgee's 2nd's will beat most of the other 1st XV's on their day. They boast of a superb line up with quite a few players with representative honours and league contracts. The halves combination of Doug Swan and Jake House are a class act. They have a very mobile tight 5 made up of Cruz Lemming, Finlay King (Brother of Campbell King GT2021) and Ethan Schneider-Loos, Alex Watkins and Darcy Turner. All consistent performers this year. A solid Lock in Noah Raulini and fast finishing back three in Taviri, Bourke and Seaton. Nudgee will be looking to stamp their class and crown themselves as the winners of the 2nd XV title for 2022 on Saturday. We just hope that Terrace turn up.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
We must not forget that both Nudgee and Terrace 2nd XV's are unbeaten. Nudgee's 2nd's will beat most of the other 1st XV's on their day. They boast of a superb line up with quite a few players with representative honours and league contracts. The halves combination of Doug Swan and Jake House are a class act. They have a very mobile tight 5 made up of Cruz Lemming, Finlay King (Brother of Campbell King GT2021) and Ethan Schneider-Loos, Alex Watkins and Darcy Turner. All consistent performers this year. A solid Lock in Noah Raulini and fast finishing back three in Taviri, Bourke and Seaton. Nudgee will be looking to stamp their class and crown themselves as the winners of the 2nd XV title for 2022 on Saturday. We just hope that Terrace turn up.
Solid work I’m glad to see you’ve finished your homework

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)

BGS have been a bit of a pleasant surprise this year .. but I don't think they are going to be able to capitalise on it and build next year. Their U16 A team pretty much only play B teams.and have done since U13.

Rugby Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
Grammar is becoming, if not already, an AFL/football school rather than a rugby school albeit they can still confidently boast that in the past rugby was a strong pillar of their school culture. No one is interested in AFL nor football chat in the business worlds of Sydney, Brisbane, London etc. nor are they interested in chatting about Gaelic football nor netball. I'm surprised Grammar has dropped the (rugby) ball on this pillar of their offering there. Rugby is King. Long may he reign over us.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
This 2 nd’s contest will be a good game for sure. Nudgee has such depth the lads in seconds could play 1st‘s easily at Nudgee or any other school. Test match Tuesday opposed training at Nudgee between 1st and 2nds is pretty awesome to watch. 2 nd‘s coach, Ben Teo has these lads playing very much eyes up Rugby, balanced with traditional Nudgee hard defence, they have put on some big scores and fantastic try‘s this season. I expect Nudgee to be too strong, but a fired up Terrace with a premiership and lifetime bragging rights on the line will throw everything at them. Some quality Rugby on display at 1 pm. Good luck lads enjoy the battle.

Footy Frederick

Frank Row (1)
This 2 nd’s contest will be a good game for sure. Nudgee has such depth the lads in seconds could play 1st‘s easily at Nudgee or any other school. Test match Tuesday opposed training at Nudgee between 1st and 2nds is pretty awesome to watch. 2 nd‘s coach, Ben Teo has these lads playing very much eyes up Rugby, balanced with traditional Nudgee hard defence, they have put on some big scores and fantastic try‘s this season. I expect Nudgee to be too strong, but a fired up Terrace with a premiership and lifetime bragging rights on the line will throw everything at them. Some quality Rugby on display at 1 pm. Good luck lads enjoy the battle.
I believe that it is also the premiership game for the 3rd XV. With such an action packed day of Rugby ahead of us. I personally will be making sure Im there for both 2nds and 3rds to warm up the long awaited game at 2:15pm.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
BGS have been a bit of a pleasant surprise this year .. but I don't think they are going to be able to capitalise on it and build next year. Their U16 A team pretty much only play B teams.and have done since U13.
The BGS 16a’s lost to the GT 16b’s .
Not looking great at all for next year.