• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld GPS Rugby 2022

Dcarter

Frank Nicholson (4)
Nudgee must be feeling very confident about this weekend. Their team has only lost one game ( I can remind you if you have forgotten) and are still very much favourites for premiership. They unleashed their fury on the Hapless BSHS who have been able to roll over GT. Their team is full of multi year 1st 15 experience and super stars and they hold that physiological edge over GT who have developed an inferiority complex to Butchers Aprons. Nudgee must be brimming with confidence.

GT have a home town advantage, I guess, but Nudgee will no doubt bring the Banyo Retirement Village bus again full of supporters to try and match the Red and Black and lets face it, all school "gentlemens" who turn up to support from both Colleges, are just there to satisfy the teen blood lust urges, of watching their team inflict immovable and thudding defence on the oppositions soft tissues and brittle bones. (Maybe the players Mum's should not be on this forum, as the truth be told? Sorry Mums) .

Anyway that been said,WIN LOSE or Draw , GT will be out to leave an impression on their Big "Gentlemen" brothers with Stella if not Manic defence and to show Nudgee that this year, they are in a serious competition and GT are no easy beats as everyone is expecting. I genuinely expect GT to grow another leg on Saturday and they play their best game of the season- play out of their skins. If they don't , they only have themselves to blame. They actually do have the individual match ups across the field to cause Nudgee heartburn, but if they don't understand and believe it - It will be a cricket score to Nudgee.

Regardless of the outcome, Nudgee who already looked "cooked" having gone this deep into the season without a bye , have had to undergo a gruelling campaign against very physical and fit sides, all without their star back. They have underestimated TGS, BGS ( 1st half), and even BBC and should I mention Churchie.

Tomorrow the tackling will be fierce , draining further reserves from the Nudgee tank - With the Red and Black Atmosphere that Tennyson does offer, one must ask does Nudgee have it in their tank to go the distance if GT do turn up for 70 minutes. If GT are within one try of Nudgee at the 55min mark, I don't think Nudgee will have it in them.

In the meantime, the Ipswich Jacuzzi will be working overtime on those "big monsters" ( Figure of speech - lovely IGS young gentlemen ) with their Sam Walker look alike resting up and watch the big game. The lines will already be painted on the field at Brassell for next weeks game - the perfect preparation for what IGS will consider their Big One.

This Premiership Campaign doesn't get any easier Nudgee does it? Sleep well.
Nausealander is back with his crystal ball again. Since the BBC game you have been saying Nudgee has looked cooked and would just beat BSHS in an unimpressive manner. Well they beat BGS 38-16 and then BSHS 45-0. would hate to see them in when they are fresh. I am starting to wonder do you get anything right? Except maybe Vet Science (woof woof)

Nausealander is back with his crystal ball again. Since the BBC game you have been saying Nudgee has looked cooked and would just beat BSHS in an unimpressive manner. Well they beat BGS 38-16 and then BSHS 45-0. would hate to see them in when they are fresh. I am starting to wonder do you get anything right? Except maybe Vet Science (woof woof)
Be Fair DAN - I picked the Vikings game

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I am happy to be corrected, but I suspect BGS real 16A's are this years First 15 - give or take. If thats the case, maybe GT'S 16B 's may have a game on their hands next year.
There are quite a few from a dominant Div 1 Wests team from a couple of years ago, they are 17 year olds though not U16. Some are only in year 11 and will be back next year , problem is they are not going to get a lot of reinforcement from the current U16's.

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)
I am happy to be corrected, but I suspect BGS real 16A's are this years First 15 - give or take. If thats the case, maybe GT'S 16B 's may have a game on their hands next year.
Unfortunately no.. there might be 1 or 2 but the rest are year 12s. The BGS A team has been playing B teams since they were U 13. (As did BBC that year) They have played a couple of A teams this year but on the whole they have just played Bs. It could be ugly for them next year... Unless they have some incredible U15s that can make the leap

Unfortunately no.. there might be 1 or 2 but the rest are year 12s. The BGS A team has been playing B teams since they were U 13. (As did BBC that year) They have played a couple of A teams this year but on the whole they have just played Bs. It could be ugly for them next year... Unless they have some incredible U15s that can make the leap
Thats a shame.They look a young team.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
32 games at Tennyson tomorrow, I'm giving a spread of 6.5 Terrace wins for the day. The bigger issue of choice, is which 6 food vans to go to for lunch.
Here’s the run sheet , great to see the whole day with no supplementary games. Must make it a lot easier on the Directors of Rugby for the schools, although Nudgee probably do have to find games for some of their teams .

The St.Joseph’s Cup goes to the school with the most wins across all grades for the day. I’m not sure if Terrace has ever won it , if they have , I haven’t witnessed it. Cracking day regardless !

Attachments

• DF326B2A-6A91-461C-8D44-FE18341D65D4.jpeg
    DF326B2A-6A91-461C-8D44-FE18341D65D4.jpeg
    713.2 KB · Views: 239

Dcarter

Frank Nicholson (4)
Here’s the run sheet , great to see the whole day with no supplementary games. Must make it a lot easier on the Directors of Rugby for the schools, although Nudgee probably do have to find games for some of their teams .

The St.Joseph’s Cup goes to the school with the most wins across all grades for the day. I’m not sure if Terrace has ever won it , if they have , I haven’t witnessed it. Cracking day regardless !
can someone please explain to me that out of the 32 games only 12 of them will have contested scrums. Maybe we should not have lineouts, or make tackles.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Was looking promising for Terrace , up 12-10 at half time and turning with the wind at their back. Looked like a different team ran out in the second half , too many errors and couldn’t win a lineout . Nudgee capitalised on the opportunities they were given .

Rugbyfan

Frank Row (1)
We must not forget that both Nudgee and Terrace 2nd XV's are unbeaten. Nudgee's 2nd's will beat most of the other 1st XV's on their day. They boast of a superb line up with quite a few players with representative honours and league contracts. The halves combination of Doug Swan and Jake House are a class act. They have a very mobile tight 5 made up of Cruz Lemming, Finlay King (Brother of Campbell King GT2021) and Ethan Schneider-Loos, Alex Watkins and Darcy Turner. All consistent performers this year. A solid Lock in Noah Raulini and fast finishing back three in Taviri, Bourke and Seaton. Nudgee will be looking to stamp their class and crown themselves as the winners of the 2nd XV title for 2022 on Saturday. We just hope that Terrace turn up.
This comment aged well...

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
^ Wins over Nudgee’s 2nd XV are rarer than wins over their 1st XV for Terrace. Cracking game with GT the eventual winners 13-10.

Footy Frederick

Frank Row (1)
An absolutely magnificent Saturday of Rugby at the beautiful fields of Tennyson.

Swept off my feet by the amount of talent that has blossomed in schoolboy rugby.

To begin with, many colleges will be reaching out to several 1st and 2nd XV players in hopes of recruiting such talent into the American Rugby System.

Obviously, Nudgee is clearly the dominant college when it comes to the Gentlemens's Game, but Terrace did show plenty of hope and character even when the scoreboard is far against them.

Yet it was well worth sacrificing the day to spectate the 3rd Xv, 2nd XV and 1st XV. The best game of the day was by far the 2nd XV, with an absolutely nailbiting finish.

What I found even funnier, was the rumour that has been confirmed by many that the 2nd Nudgee XV had ordered Shirts the week before saying "undefeated."

Oh, that aged well. It serves as a great reminder to never be too confident as a game of rugby, can go anyway no matter the team on paper.

Thanks Terrace for Hosting, I will be back next year.
Fred

Wombat70

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well done Cluch TV et Al for having Nick D (the king) to add his commentary as well as multiple camera angles for the GT v Nudgee match.
Well done also for moving the camera site at TSS so we could enjoy views of the game rather than the backs of the students!