• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld GPS Rugby 2022

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from TSS v GT yesterday

Playitstraight

Bob McCowan (2)
They aren’t completely aligned , not all final year students turn 18 in Qld. Those born before June 30th are still only turning 17. You end up with a large Opens cohort as it’s all of Year 12 and approximately half the year 11s who turn 17 that year.

Having said that , the majority of First XV squads would be made up of 18 year olds.
And then you have the repeats....no thought to others who would most likely have missed out on selection because of their decision

Rugby Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
So it will be almost certainly a 3 way tie for the Premiership this year. Well done to Churchie and TSS for putting themselves into the position to join Nudgee as Premiers. I think probably Churchie have been the team of the season with that win against Nudgee in the second round.

Barker College to experience what a real rugby culture looks like. A great experience for them.

Rugby Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
BBC v BGS - Grammar to school BBC

IGS v TSS - A tight one but should be a TSS victory albeit Ippy have some recent history with TSS as being giant killers

BSHS v ACGS - A great day for Churchie. A shame it's not at their home ground for their OBs to celebrate

TGS v GT - The boys from the Downs to get up after a great season

Nudgee 2nds v Downlands - Nudgee to win comfortably

Nudgee v Barker - A reality check in store for Barker College on the country's most famous schoolboy rugby pitch. Nudgee to make some more room for even more silver wear (if there is any room left)

Last edited:

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Who will share Premiership with Nudgee FirstXV

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220906_100212.jpg
    Screenshot_20220906_100212.jpg
    840 KB · Views: 335
  • Screenshot_20220906_095725.jpg
    Screenshot_20220906_095725.jpg
    752.8 KB · Views: 345

Rugby Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Church school will destroy the State School, and therefore in the bank atm are Nudgee and Churchie.

Ipswich might give TSS a scare so this match might be an interesting one to watch as Ipswich have caused TSS a lot of trouble the last few years, so it will be a nervous one for TSS.

I'm looking forward to seeing the team sheet for Nudgee v Barker.

What happened to the Norselander?! What happened generally to the BBC supporters this year, they've been quiet this season?

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
As Churchie and Barker old boy (yes I went to both schools) this weekends game between Barker and Nudgee will be a cracker. If a Nudgee supporter could post a team sheet on Saturday that would be great.

Rugby Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'll try get one a couple of days before the match. Churchie would have been a good opponent for Barker also.

Rugby Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
When BBC won in 1954 it was a 3 way draw and BBC beat Nudgee on Ross to share the Premiership.

TSS and IGS will be the one to watch this weekend.