• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld GPS Rugby 2022

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
1954 was actually a four way tie, hopefully never seen again. All due to washed out rounds because of rain.

Attachments

• 9394659A-BFD1-42F0-8A82-86EFA274EAA9.jpeg
    9394659A-BFD1-42F0-8A82-86EFA274EAA9.jpeg
    323.4 KB · Views: 519

bhim

Allen Oxlade (6)
Strongest team they could name minus Toia. Although Tariq Tanner has just been named in the QRL Under 17 City v Country game to play as a centre so still highly rated.

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 1.16.34 pm.png

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Any Nudgee supporters at the game confirm the score? Is it 17 nil or 14 nil? Stan shows 14 but I think they are missing the penalty? Or did Katoa miss it in front?

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
BBC v BGS - Grammar to school BBC

IGS v TSS - A tight one but should be a TSS victory albeit Ippy have some recent history with TSS as being giant killers

BSHS v ACGS - A great day for Churchie. A shame it's not at their home ground for their OBs to celebrate

TGS v GT - The boys from the Downs to get up after a great season

Nudgee 2nds v Downlands - Nudgee to win comfortably

Nudgee v Barker - A reality check in store for Barker College on the country's most famous schoolboy rugby pitch. Nudgee to make some more room for even more silver wear (if there is any room left)
Well 25 nil speaks volumes. Probably should have been 40 nil, but Barker were very rusty and it showed. Hooper, Katoa, Sayoun, Phillipson, Poynton were excellent

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
In a nice touch of fair play, when the Nudgee hooker was yellow carded, Barker also dropped a player from their scrum. Whether this is a rule in schoolboy rugby or just fair play by Barker I dont know. But there was at least 3 scrums where Hooper (8) was not in the scrum and the Nudgee hooker was off. Well done to the ARU for arranging this game. I hope it becomes a regular fixture with the best schoolboy side in Qld playing the best of schoolboy side in NSW.

bhim

Allen Oxlade (6)
In a nice touch of fair play, when the Nudgee hooker was yellow carded, Barker also dropped a player from their scrum. Whether this is a rule in schoolboy rugby or just fair play by Barker I dont know. But there was at least 3 scrums where Hooper (8) was not in the scrum and the Nudgee hooker was off. Well done to the ARU for arranging this game. I hope it becomes a regular fixture with the best schoolboy side in Qld playing the best of schoolboy side in NSW.

Think that has been a rule this whole season at least, have noticed many times where a player has been taken out of the scrum when an opposing player has been carded

Hippo

Frank Nicholson (4)
Haha, you are a stirrer Rod. Scots beat Barker, Barker beat Joeys. Scots came last in the GPS in NSW and Joeys came first. Barker are an awesome side, and deservedly hold the CAS title. How can anyone say which team is the best in NSW this year? Same question for the Queensland GPS, a three way tie this year. I realise you never actually said these sides were the best but I took your comments to mean that.
Anyway, absolutely agree, let’s try and get this game played each year.

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)
Haha, you are a stirrer Rod. Scots beat Barker, Barker beat Joeys. Scots came last in the GPS in NSW and Joeys came first. Barker are an awesome side, and deservedly hold the CAS title. How can anyone say which team is the best in NSW this year? Same question for the Queensland GPS, a three way tie this year. I realise you never actually said these sides were the best but I took your comments to mean that.

Barker had so many injuries this game that they actually were playing more 2ndXV players than 1stXV players… this means nothing.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from Ipswich v TSS yesterday

It would seem Queensland GPS on socials think otherwise

Attachments

• EEE29006-E34C-4117-851F-28FCD4FD2DB8.jpeg
    EEE29006-E34C-4117-851F-28FCD4FD2DB8.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 295

Pale Rider

Frank Row (1)
Well done to Nudgee finishing on top of the table if you take into account the unofficial points differential. Yesterdays exhibition was a good hard fought game against a physically superior side who showed what a difference big bodies make.