• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Colts 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Souths touched up GPS. They are in for a big year if they keep this up.

J

jerome

any word on the souths vs Uni game, from what i hear it was a close one at chipsy

Keeno3

Frank Row (1)
It was close, and both sides threw the kitchen sink at each other. The difference was that Uni ended up taking advantage of the opportunities that were presented to them - clinical really in that regard.
Souths showed that they belonged in the same company as the Uni blokes, but experience showed on the day.

J

John Simmons

1. University
2. Easts
3. Souths
4. Sunnybank
5. Brothers
6. GPS
6. Gold Coast
8. Norths
9. Wests
10. Sunny Coast

final standings before the top 4 go into finals

J

John Simmons

Uni of course has not lost a game and do not look like it. I'm tipping either Easts or Souths who both have very strong attacking games to be the ones to beat uni.. if it happens. Easts have only very narrowly lost 3 games all in the dying stages of the game (2 games by only one point and lost by 6 to sunny bank with a last minute try). This may prove the differences however this is also a positive with the majority of the season still to be played there is always room for improvement. Souths have played some strong games this year and they look to be a firm contender. Sunnybank always a strong team however they can lack consistency and teams like brothers, gps and gold coast will be there to pounce. Brothers will be unlucky to come in at 5.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Wests have pulled out their team from Colts 1 and apparently only have 18 players in their Prem Colts squad. Can anyone confirm this? Seems like hard times ahead. Hopefully they maintain enough players for the rest of the season.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Wests have pulled out their team from Colts 1 and apparently only have 18 players in their Prem Colts squad. Can anyone confirm this? Seems like hard times ahead. Hopefully they maintain enough players for the rest of the season.
No Jets, that's not correct. We are still fielding a Colts 1 team in the competition. Unfortunately didn't have the numbers for game v Sunnybank on the weekend due to illness, injuries etc.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'm not sure what the rule is but if they forfeit too many games they will be removed from the comp.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I find it strange that Uni could field 5 Colts teams if they wanted to yet Wests, who are just down the road, struggle with 2. You would think that there are plenty of kids around who they could get to play. Hopefully they will target their Colts program next year and try and push more number into it.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Uni’s Prem colts, Colts 1 and Colts 2 have all managed to get through the first round of the comp undefeated. The colts 3 side that plays in the colts 2 comp is also holding on to 4th place. (Although I think there are still some make up games to be had which will alter this). Even though it means nothing come the end of the year it is still a pretty impressive effort from group.

I would also like to say that the prem colts comp seems to be a very even one this year. The top 8 all seem to have the ability to knock each other off.

otoolej11

Bob McCowan (2)
Any update on the return of norths prem colts hooker ritchie. watched him a few years ago and was a destructive ball runner and had some bone rattling defence. one to watch in the future

Ruck time

Bob McCowan (2)
Can someone please tell me if their is a limit on the number of games colts players can play up in the Prem grade before being excluded from playing the colts finals? Not sure this rule even exists these days?

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Can someone please tell me if their is a limit on the number of games colts players can play up in the Prem grade before being excluded from playing the colts finals? Not sure this rule even exists these days?

Between Premier colts & Premier grade, there is no limit on how many grades games you play because it's the one comp.

I believe the rule still exists in the Brisbane club comp (what we call 1st grade, Colts 1 etc) but I haven't checked for a while.

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
Brothers beat Easts and Norths beat GPS.
Uni, Sunnybank and Gold Coast were top 3 last year and it looks like little has changed.
Poor result for Easts considering Brothers fared poorly in the trials versus Uni, Sunnybank and GPS. Especially considering their program doesn't develop any volunteer coaches (QRU staff have coached their team for the last 6 years).

Who has been coaching brothers for the last six years?

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
I see that Wests have withdrawn from the Colts 1 competition. Apart from the implications for Wests it is interesting to note the decline in numbers of players at Under 19 level in Queensland over the last few years. I know that playing numbers for kids under the age of 9 are increasing however there seems to be less kids aged 15+ playing the game in Colts, Junior Club Rugby and combined secondary school local competitions.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
How long before colts in Queensland become U20?

I think they might as well go for it next season as half the blokes finishing school nowadays are turning 18 in their final year of school anyway.

Sad state of affairs at wests colts. I really think the clubs need to get more involved with the local schools and try and register as many blokes as possible to colts as the school season winds down.

Status
Not open for further replies.