• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

triplet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Any ideas of who could be those two frenchs guys?
http://www.gpsrugby.com.au/BilletsRequired
Two blokes one by the name of HARINORDOQUY and DUSAUTOIR I believe.....kidding...... No one special as far as I am aware Sud. I think they are two young club players who have been to the World Cup and stopping off in Bris Vegas for a season before returning. GPS have a young French bloke playing in the lower grades who was instrumental in bringing them to the club.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
I don't know if it is so much as being lured as it it financial and time sense. A lot of the young guys now live, work and train in Brsibane. Cost of fuel to run up and down, or down and up - whichever coast it is - is pretty pricey. I doubt many of them can afford it cost and time wise.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Two blokes one by the name of HARINORDOQUY and DUSAUTOIR I believe.....kidding...... No one special as far as I am aware Sud. I think they are two young club players who have been to the World Cup and stopping off in Bris Vegas for a season before returning. GPS have a young French bloke playing in the lower grades who was instrumental in bringing them to the club.

Why not it is always a good experience.
Club rugby in Australie is far more fun than in France.
I did the same but in Sydney Subbies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If what people are insinuating is true that Pat is luring players in the academy to Easts I will be pretty pissed. We have enough troubles down here at the Breakers without losing some of the names we do have. I would assume the Stingers would think the same way. I would not think that luring players is the right thing to do!!!!

I am not insinuating that Pat is doing anything wrong. More that if I was a player in the academy moving to Brisbane I may be inclined to play at the club where one of the Academy coaches is Head Coach.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I am not insinuating that Pat is doing anything wrong. More that if I was a player in the academy moving to Brisbane I may be inclined to play at the club where one of the Academy coaches is Head Coach.

Shit I love your new avatar

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
If you were a player moving to Brisbane you would also want to move to a competitive side that is capable of playing Finals footy, and Easts have been consistently there or thereabouts for the last few years with Pat at the helm. The fact that they have done it with very few Reds players speaks volumes for the culture and the coaching at the club, and probably gives these guys a better chance to play Prems, than at other clubs with more 'stars'.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If you were a player moving to Brisbane you would also want to move to a competitive side that is capable of playing Finals footy, and Easts have been consistently there or thereabouts for the last few years with Pat at the helm. The fact that they have done it with very few Reds players speaks volumes for the culture and the coaching at the club, and probably gives these guys a better chance to play Prems, than at other clubs with more 'stars'.

I would disagree with you about more chances to play premier at Easts than other clubs. I would say that players would get a good run at a club with more rep players as these guys will be away for most of the year. Clubs like Easts will have the majority of their Premier team back in 2012 and these player will have to compete with them for places.

S

stevethestingray

STINGRAYS NEWS: New coach is the assistant coach from the Panaho days. Nicknamed Hoons. Premiership winning coach in the sunny coast local comp in 2011
STINGRAYS RUMOURED LOSSES: Matt Blain-GPS, Mitch King-Brothers, Blake Enever-Easts, Sione naa Helu-UQ, Stefan VanDerwadt -GPS, Elliot Hagen-UQ, Ben Radmall-UQ

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I would disagree with you about more chances to play premier at Easts than other clubs. I would say that players would get a good run at a club with more rep players as these guys will be away for most of the year. Clubs like Easts will have the majority of their Premier team back in 2012 and these player will have to compete with them for places.
I get your point but in Easts case, I think that the guys who have been mooted to join will slot into positions which are thin in terms of depth. Enever is an Aus U20 second row and Easts could probably do with another lineout option. I rate Butler and presume he will walk straight into the No.8 slot with Mitch Sincock retiring. Both have been strong players for their respective coast sides in Prems, so will be good enough. Don't know much about Kimmince but with Murphy possibly gone there will probably be a vacancy for a good prop.

Looks like clever recruitment to me.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I get your point but in Easts case, I think that the guys who have been mooted to join will slot into positions which are thin in terms of depth. Enever is an Aus U20 second row and Easts could probably do with another lineout option. I rate Butler and presume he will walk straight into the No.8 slot with Mitch Sincock retiring. Both have been strong players for their respective coast sides in Prems, so will be good enough. Don't know much about Kimmince but with Murphy possibly gone there will probably be a vacancy for a good prop.

Looks like clever recruitment to me.

Yeah I think hats off to Easts for doing a good job getting these guys.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
STINGRAYS NEWS: New coach is the assistant coach from the Panaho days. Nicknamed Hoons. Premiership winning coach in the sunny coast local comp in 2011
STINGRAYS RUMOURED LOSSES: Matt Blain-GPS, Mitch King-Brothers, Blake Enever-Easts, Sione naa Helu-UQ, Stefan VanDerwadt -GPS, Elliot Hagen-UQ, Ben Radmall-UQ
It's unfortunate to see this many guys leaving the Coast for Brisbane based clubs. I notice that three of them are going to UQ, they're going to be doing well to crack Prems with the depth that exists there. What positions do they play?

Blain is a good pick up for GPS. A very good player and if I'm right, Player of the Prem Comp in 2010.

So has the Suncoast picked up any new players Steve? They've made good ground in the last few years, be a shame to see that all slip away.

M

Murph15

I think those boys from Sunny Coast that went to UQ have all gone there to be apart of their academy program. Also from what I've heard Rod Seib is the new premier grade coach of Sunnybank, internal promotion as leakytap suggested.

S

stevethestingray

this year was so dis-organised for the stingrays and i think that might be the main reason why the boys are re-locating to brisbane.

yes, blain was player of the year 2010 and is believed to be training with the reds academy in the off season along with mitch king and blake enever.

in regards to the boys going to uq:
-Sione naa Helu is a massive backrower who is a very strong ball runner
-Elliot Hagen is a winger/fullback who is a member of the newstar 7s team that beat the Aussie Sevens team in Noosa
-Ben Radmall is also a backrower who recently represented Australia in the Defence Force World Cup in New Zealand.

S

stevethestingray

I havent heard any new signings for the Stingrays as yet but I think they will be back to square 1. worst mistake for them was sacking panaho for kefu. panaho changed that club into a competetive team.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
So assuming all players are available.

1-Murphy (Kimmince)
2- Fell
3- Bermingham
4- Enever/Stollberg
5- Riley (if he is still running around next year)
6- Bertini
7- Quirk
8- Butler
9- Fuller
10-Brandon
11- Faulkner
12- Skelton
13- White
14- Wilder
15- Toua

Looks like a very good side for next season, considering you still have Tupou, Krelle, Mansell ect who played alot this year in the wings.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
So assuming all players are available.

1-Murphy (Kimmince)
2- Fell
3- Bermingham
4- Enever/Stollberg
5- Riley (if he is still running around next year)
6- Bertini
7- Quirk
8- Butler
9- Fuller
10-Brandon
11- Faulkner
12- Skelton
13- White
14- Wilder
15- Toua

Looks like a very good side for next season, considering you still have Tupou, Krelle, Mansell ect who played alot this year in the wings.
I couldn't remember Mansell's name, he's the young bloke who played wing a number of times this year isn't he? Lot's of pace and looks like an athlete...was impressive. There are also club stalwarts like Jack Mullins and Lachy Walker who give it 100% when they're on the paddock, and Mills the hooker who was injured for most of 2011. I also understand that the young bloke from TSS (U.J.) who has been selected in the Reds EPS is also a strong chance of being at the Tigers next year. What I'm happy about is the development of depth.

sunnysideup

Frank Nicholson (4)
UJ will be at Easts, Halevu leaving for GPS, Sean Cox (QLD premier colt of the year) off to Easts with his brother Sam. With this trend of Coast (both coasts) players seeking to ply their trade here in Bris leaves the talent pool alot thinner south and north of the city!!!!
I think it reflects alot more than the disorganisation of both sub districts unions - their financial woes are no secrect amongst the rugby fraternity and highlights how poorly handled the structures are within these regions. Unfortunately till they turn that around there is no quick fix whether you have a club premiership winning coach like Hoons or someone with the pedigree of a Tiny Nowlan. Sad, sad outlook on the horizon for both SC & RGC

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Seems there is some confusion what clubs will need to do to get grants from ARU/QRU next year, so will make it very interesting to see if that impacts on player movements etc. there maybe a scarcity of money at a few clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.