• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I actually thopught he had quite a poor workratewhen i saw him T12, he can pack a scrum thoughbut the games i saw iof him i never really saw him decimate anyone. Gets the job doen but as you said needs another year to see where he is at but i think at the moment his size is the only thign that sets him apart from his age

I think with big fellows fitness a lot of it is them learning to manage themselves and growing mentally tough.

Most of us will never know the hardship of trying to get 60 minutes of work out of a 120kg frame, I imagine it's a challenge.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I actually thopught he had quite a poor workratewhen i saw him T12, he can pack a scrum thoughbut the games i saw iof him i never really saw him decimate anyone. Gets the job doen but as you said needs another year to see where he is at but i think at the moment his size is the only thign that sets him apart from his age
Memory may be hazy on his workrate, maybe I'm only remembering his ball-running. I think it was around mid-season against Brothers, Wests and the Coast sides he stood up at scrum-time. But yes, an 18 year old, 120kg bloke who has had limited time in a professional set-up, it wouldn't be the easiest thing, he's got the right foundations there. Not every day you see a strong scrummaging 18yr old at Premier level.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I think it is pretty awesome for a teenager to be playing as a forward in Premier Grade, let alone as a Prop. I only saw him in a couple of games but Paraka was more than competent against the adults, and did dominate set piece occasionally.

Don't know that he'll lose any weight but if he grows into it, watch out!

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
haha not sure if he has any growing in him left he looks as matured as a man can be......word on the street is that new players introduce themselves to him thinking he is the coach..........

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
haha not sure if he has any growing in him left he looks as matured as a man can be..word on the street is that new players introduce themselves to him thinking he is the coach....

Blokes in professional sporting systems hit their physical peak around 21 but those who are semi-pro hit it around 25 and they tend to have less injury trouble too.

He's obviously in the system but he's got a fair bit of improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.