• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Might watch Uni v Souths on the weekend. Mrs Jets keen to head out to the old stomping ground and see the students (having a jumping castle is the major attraction for the kids).

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I am afraid Jets that Uni played Souths last weekend and this weekend it is Souths v Sunnybank. It's Ladies Day at the Nest and I don't think that we have a Jumping Castle planned for the Ladies.

I think they do, and it's right in front of the bar. ;) If you know what I mean...

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I am afraid Jets that Uni played Souths last weekend and this weekend it is Souths v Sunnybank. It's Ladies Day at the Nest and I don't think that we have a Jumping Castle planned for the Ladies.
Yes my mistake. Uni v GPS is what I'm off to watch. My Dragon's are taking on Souths but as no jumping castle is on offer it's not an option for me to watch. That's how my life is at the moment, ruled by the jumping castle.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Off to watch the Magpies v Dragons. A burger, a beer, a perve & the Rugby..... in that order. Love Ladies Day!

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Luckily the only similarity is in my gait!

Was a good/exciting, if somewhat sloppy game from both teams, though very poorly reffed. Souths hit the lead through a try with about 5 minutes left. Sunnybank spent most of that 5 or so minutes camped on Souths tryline with about 7 consecutive penalties. Gutsy Souths defense kept out wave after wave of attack until they finally won a breakdown penalty. Souths win 23-19

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Norths win 50-44 over gold coast, norths hooker tonga maafu yellow carded late in second half
What a crap display of football, the only highlight was the little Fijian winger on the left wing who grabbed I think another four tries today. The Breakers have for two weeks given their opposition get out of jail cards! The Breakers only highlight being they scored more tries in this one game than the past 6 Ames collectively. Disappointing sub standard rugby

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Brothers knocked off Easts 28-22, even with a player Red carded for doing nothing, we still won. Bond easily out played his opposite player scoring a great try. I think Easts have got potential, but I honestly think that Brothers are just a better side on their day. Some Easts supporters are bloody arrogant though, I can't understand why...the scoreboard had the last laugh, no stab at the true Easts supporters though...

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Some Easts supporters are bloody arrogant though, I can't understand why.the scoreboard had the last laugh, no stab at the true Easts supporters though.

Brothers supporter calling Easts supporter arrogant??? PotKettleBlack

Jokes bro

I think all clubs have arrogant supporters. They're usually the 5th graders who play early in the mornings & have a whole day on the sauce so they're ready to drunkenly heckle by 3pm kickoff.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
Based on first 8 rounds. If you were to pick a team of the year to date what would it be. This is my attempt at one. Leave yours below as well.

15. Aidan Toua
14. Lachlan Creighton
13. Toby White
12. Michael Bond
11. Veresa Mataitini
10. Lucas/Brandon/Murphy
9.Sam Grasso/Brett Goodin
8.Tim Buchanan
7.Liam Ferguson
6. Nigel Ah Wong
5.Ben Toolis/Adam Wallace-Harrison
4. Alex Toolis/ Tom Murday
3. Phil Kite
2.Andrew Coady/Tonga Maafu
1.Adam Bennie/Ryan Freney

Thoughts???

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Brothers knocked off Easts 28-22, even with a player Red carded for doing nothing, we still won. Bond easily out played his opposite player scoring a great try. I think Easts have got potential, but I honestly think that Brothers are just a better side on their day. Some Easts supporters are bloody arrogant though, I can't understand why.the scoreboard had the last laugh, no stab at the true Easts supporters though.
Uuhhhh that was a yellow card for repeated infringements.......

Brothers were the better team, and to be honest Easts were lucky to finish that close to them. The ref played a big hand in that though. His breakdown interpretations ruined the match I thought, Brothers constantly slowed down Easts ball. That's not me saying the ref cost Easts the game, because Brothers played the interpretations better, but the ref did ruin the game for the crowd (or at least for me).

For two of the top sides in the comp, neither team can fucking hold onto the ball, way too many poor knock-ons.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Was a red card for stomping on a players HEAD- which was rightfully deserved. Thought it was too little too late due to the very cheap shots on several players.
Agree with Tigerland - too many turnovers. What I would like to know is, why was the try by Easts at the end of the game not awarded... Brothers and Easts supporters saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.