• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Not so much Easts, T12.

I think the real area of focus will be the #9 and #10 for this weekend. Campbell v Mullins and Greene v Brandon. Two young guns up against club stalwarts. I'm trying to think of any other notable much ups, but nothing comes to mind at the moment.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I've noticed that a Jake McIntyre from Sunnybank was being taken to the IRB U/20 World Championship.. I was under the impression Mitch Third was starting for the bank - is this not the case?

How has he generally been performing thus far?

T

Tigers Tale

Filth - one match up might be James Carter's boot v Josh Parry's head!!!!

Parry is never short of a word when he travels to Crosby!!!

Battle of the halves is an interesting area as will White v Bros #13.

Who has been wearing the #13 for you guys lately?

Look I think it is going to be a great encounter as have most of them over the last 3/4 years - the only blow out I can recall was at Bottomley in round #17 2013 when Brothers were stifled by unavailability of a number of your top side.

The Tigers will be doing everything they can to break your unbeaten run in 2014.

something

Jim Clark (26)
is sam greene on track for highest point scorer again this season or will those first few games he missed prove to be costly (not that it really matters, just noted that he has scored a try both his last two games)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I've noticed that a Jake McIntyre from Sunnybank was being taken to the IRB U/20 World Championship.. I was under the impression Mitch Third was starting for the bank - is this not the case?

How has he generally been performing thus far?

King, both players are registered with Sunnybank but Jake has been playing Qld A and Qld 20's plus had an injury so hasn't had a chance to run out for the Dragons.

Mitch has been growing into the role in Premier Rugby. It's a big ask to go from school into senior rugby but he seems to be developing well.

T

Tigers Tale

The top ten Premier Grade Point Scorers after 6 Rounds - per QRU website

» Player Total Points
1. Tom Pincus 75
2. Timothy Smith 61
3. Matthew Brandon 52
4. Luke Evans 44
5. James Herbert 44
6. Samuel Greene 40
7. Clynton Knox 32
8. Junior Laloifi 30
9. Mitchell Third 29
10. Henry Taefu 27

Top 20 Premier Grade try scorers are:
» Player Tries
1. Junior Laloifi 6
2. Brando Vaaulu 5
3. Clynton Knox 5
4. Semiti Tela 5
5. Harry Parker 5
6. Mitchell King 5
7. Apelu Alapati 4
8. Samuel Johnson 4
9. Giles Beveridge 4
10. Tom Pincus 4
11. Peter Lee 4
12. Scott Gale 3
13. Preston Springhall 3
14. Apisai Naiyabo 3
15. Cass Walding 3
16. Siupeli Vaipulu 3
17. Rex Tapuai 3
18. Matthew Brandon 3
19. Matthew Gordon 3
20. George Morseu 3
space.gif

Whilst Greene would have to be a contender, Pincus (Uni) and Brandon (Easts) have scored 4 & 3 tries in their total points tallies and Tim Smith (Wests) is a fine goal kicker and Greene showed in 2013 that you can top the point scorers whilst playing for Wests.

Brandon missed some points when he didn't play against Norths earlier this season - but that is just the rub of the green - pardon the pun!!!

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Filth - one match up might be James Carter's boot v Josh Parry's head!!!!

Parry is never short of a word when he travels to Crosby!!!

Battle of the halves is an interesting area as will White v Bros #13.

Who has been wearing the #13 for you guys lately?

Look I think it is going to be a great encounter as have most of them over the last 3/4 years - the only blow out I can recall was at Bottomley in round #17 2013 when Brothers were stifled by unavailability of a number of your top side.

The Tigers will be doing everything they can to break your unbeaten run in 2014.
I really hope Parry doesn't start, he's been fucking shite this season.

Then again, not sure throwing young Olsen into a typical grudge match would be wise.

T

Tigers Tale

T12 - is Wilken close to seeing some time in Prem Grade?

I think Brad's a few weeks away yet he is finding it difficult in a Prem Colts side that is really struggling. But T12 might get his wish with Gunn back at Tigers training and available to play on Saturday. Will be interesting to see how he is used.

Sam Greene will be hoping Parry doesn't start because he'll have a saw ear at full time if Parry plays 80.

T

Tigers Tale

Gunn is looking very fit and strong just the shot in the arm that the Tigers need to kick start some improved form.

Brandon & Mullins will lift for a Crosby Park clash. Mullins playing at #10 inspired a win there about 2009 and Brandon had a blinder in the 2011 Ladies Day victory.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Having Gunny back would be massive for us. I think openside has been a position we have been lacking this season so far.

T

Tigers Tale

That time when Mullins played #10 at Crosby must have been 2010 because in 2009 Andrew Walker was sent off at Crosby and Easts lost.

Recent trips to Crosby have produced the following for the Tigers:
2008 - Loss;
2009 - Loss;
2010 - Win;
2011 - Win (35-28);
2012 - Loss Welsby Cup (17-28);
2013 - Loss (22-28).

So on this basis if the Tigers can score 29 or more points then they should be a good chance of coming away with a win.

However they have only averaged 27 points "for" this season whilst they have averaged 24.6 "against" per game.

I'd be happy with a 27-25 score line on Saturday in the Tigers favour.

Paraka is a big out for the Tigers - he is so important to the Easts scrum.

Wins against Brothers & Sunnybank over the next two weeks and after a spluttering start to the season they could find themselves in the Welsby Cup final against Uni.

So there is much to play for at Crosby this Saturday and the Tigers will be preparing for their best performance of the season to date.

Can't wait for Saturday - it is games like this that make this such a great competition.

Brother v Easts, despite the fact that it doesn't have the history of Bros v Uni or Bros v GPS, has certainly been an intense rivalry over the last decade or so, may it long continue.

T

Tigers Tale

Unfortunately - I don't know what the story is with Paraka or Kimmince.

Kimmince had a crook back against Wests and hasn't been around too much since but I'd be hopeful that he'd be back soon, and I just don't know where Pettowa is.

He may well have popped back to PNG for a while - which he does every now and then.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
TT, best game between Bros and Easts was a semi (?) or Preliminary (?) final back in 2009. Brothers went on to feature in the GF, however I can't recall if we or Souths made it in first. I think it was Souths. Anyway, it was game of two halves, with Easts leading in the first half before Brothers came back to win with a strong second half performance.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth I try not to remember that one. Souths beat Bros in the major, so Bros had to regroup and beat the Tigers in the prelim before taking out the big one. I think it was not one of Andrew Walker's finest days in a Tigers jersey some(most Filth supporters) say that it was karma for the 2008 GF.

T

Tigers Tale

That prelim is the only loss on Pat Richards finals CV. 5 wins 1 loss across 3 finals series 08, 09 & 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.