• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

Now Filth you are better than that - the operative word being "shxx"!!

Just think round 4 between Brothers & Souths the two undefeated sides (probably) - the Filth v the new Filth (as they were none during their golden era 80/90s).

Do you want to have a wager on whether the Tigers will be bottom of table after round 3?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Not at this stage. However, we can have a wager on how many red cards will feature in the Bros v Easts game. One can only speculate.

T

Tigers Tale

Not at this stage. However, we can have a wager on how many red cards will feature in the Bros v Easts game. One can only speculate.

Filth - I don't know why (maybe that he married Peter Spider McLean's Sister) but Tony Shaw is on record as saying (despite the obvious difference in historical success) that Easts are more like Brothers than any other club in the comp - now that's either a wrap or an insult!!!

Good luck for your bye tomorrow!!!

I think the Red card tally since the 2008 GF is Bros 2 (Shaw '08 & Carter '13) to Easts 1 (Walker '09).

I am sure the Bros v Easts clash in round 7 @ Crosby will be a ripper.

Bros have started the season well - which they always seem to do.

T

Tigers Tale

Easts will run out a very different formation in the back 5 in the scrum tomorrow - will be interesting to see if Coach Richards has the right mix of ability and positions, only time will tell. Line out should not be an issue!!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Neither Jordan and I can get to a game this weekend. Brothers have the bye so bec is out as well.
If you're going to a game and can give us a couple of paragraphs describing the game and the final score you'd help us out a lot.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Easts will run out a very different formation in the back 5 in the scrum tomorrow - will be interesting to see if Coach Richards has the right mix of ability and position only time will tell. Line out should not be an issue!!

Either Norths is total mud or Wests is much improved but the dogs had multiple 5 metre line defensive wins at the line out.

I guess all Wests supporters will be happy not having the twin tower combo of enever/stohlberg because watching line outs vs Easts is never something you look fwd too.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Wests defence was much improved against norths. While it' hard to say that they ground the win out, norths is backline can create a lot of chances.
A lot of wests tries came from turnovers that where the result of real desperation in defence.
And as SX said the lineout has been real strong point of wests game this season. So how they fare against a strong Easts pack will be a good measuring stick of where they are. Whatever the result I think this match will closer than most punters think.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Like the look of that tigers back 5, has a lot of size to it. I can't imagine we will be playing too much flashy footy with that team, smash them up front and kick to the corners (Brandon, Mullins and Bell all kicking well).

Brando Va'alu for Sunnybank, former Red and Samoan international.

T

Tigers Tale

Bounce back factor T12 - I hope we do smash them up through the guts before we go wide where we do still have some strength in White, Wilder and Faulkner.

T

Tigers Tale

I predict that Joel Faulkner will have a blinder tomorrow at Wests or the week after against Norths - tomorrow is his 4th game back so he should be starting to feel like his old self.

The tigers could be well covered for speed out wide come finals time if the Tigers are there and the Reds aren't - Toua, Turner, Placid, Faulkner, Mansell - you wouldn't mind having these guys in a 4 x 100 on the track.

Mansell is due to run in the Stawell Gift at Easter and then make his way down to Tigerland.

(Filth - note I have given up on Shannon Walker pulling on the tigers jersey again - but we all have that lasting memory of the try he scored at Crosby in an ultimately unsuccessful Welsby Cup final for the tigers in 2012.)

(And Filth - you nor any other submitter to this forum have ever acknowledged the fact that before the 2013 GF I said that Turner would play his club Rugby for the Tigers - which has proved to be correct, that's if he ever plays a club game!!)

T

Tigers Tale

For those of you who questioned my post last year that under QRU rules or guidelines that players should not be paid to participate in Premier Rugby can I draw your attention to the Preamble to the QRU QLD Premier Rugby Competition Rules 2014 it states:

"This Competition as are all competitions played under the auspices of QRU are amateur competitions."

I suppose technically GPS didn't really breach this last year because despite the fact that GPS paid the Faingas to play their club rugby at Yoku Rd - I don't think either of the twins played for GPS in the 2013 season.

And if any GPS supporter comes on here and says otherwise then I believe that they have their head in the sand because it is common knowledge across the Reds squad & the ETS that they do get paid by GPS. Maybe not out of a GPS bank account but probably by a third party. Didn't they leave Souths because they didn't get paid as promised?

I appreciate that they contribute to the GPS club in various other capacities off the park but so they should!! Toua and Quirk over the years contribute to their club, as do many of the other Reds.

I also appreciate as professional rugby players they should be entitled to get paid for plying their trade but the QRU Competition Rules clearly states that this is an amateur competition.

Further I am not saying that GPS are the only club who may fall fowl of this rule, but I can assure you that Quirk, Toua, Turner, Paraka or Placid don't get paid to play for the Tigers.

neverhasbeen

Stan Wickham (3)
For those of you who questioned my post last year that under QRU rules or guidelines that players should not be paid to participate in Premier Rugby can I draw your attention to the Preamble to the QRU QLD Premier Rugby Competition Rules 2014 it states:

"This Competition as are all competitions played under the auspices of QRU are amateur competitions."

I suppose technically GPS didn't really breach this last year because despite the fact that GPS paid the Faingas to play their club rugby at Yoku Rd - I don't think either of the twins played for GPS in the 2013 season.

And if any GPS supporter comes on here and says otherwise then I believe that they have their head in the sand because it is common knowledge across the Reds squad & the ETS that they do get paid by GPS. Maybe not out of a GPS bank account but probably by a third party. Didn't they leave Souths because they didn't get paid as promised?

I appreciate that they contribute to the GPS club in various other capacities off the park but so they should!! Toua and Quirk over the years contribute to their club, as do many of the other Reds.

I also appreciate as professional rugby players they should be entitled to get paid for plying their trade but the QRU Competition Rules clearly state that this is an amateur competition.

Further I am not saying that GPS are the only club who may fall fowl of this rule, but I can assure you that Quirk, Toua, Turner, Paraka or Placid don't get paid to play for the Tigers.

All I can say TT is those in glasshouses.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Is this the same common knowledge around the reds and eps squad that easts have previously given some players from the coast fuel money and others premium health insurance?
Before you flood me with responses TT I really don't care.
All this has been covered to death here. "Facts" like those insinuated above and 15 comments a day do nothing but kill the forum.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
» CLUB Pts
Souths 67, University of Queensland 54, Sunnybank 42, Logan City 37, GPS 35, Norths 25, Brothers 24, Wests 18, Easts 11, Bond University 9

Just having a 'Captain Cook' at the Dougherty Shield and I think University might surpass Souths as they are playing GPS. I still think Souths will end Uni's 5th or 6th in a row, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.