• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samking

Stan Wickham (3)
As ive heard Smith will be a Bulldog in 2016 for his third year. His combination with a queensland 20s 10 and the possible return of Brett Gillespie to the Kennel could be a huge game changer for the doggies

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Hearing that Angus Fowler is down with the Rebels U20s, looking to win a Super Rugby contract this year.

Are we sure about Tim Smith staying at Wests? I've seen video of him working out at Easts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12884a381424ee3d6985dfce7e58a920.jpg

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Tim Smith has been confirmed as remaining at Wests.

Phil Mooney confirmed that he had been to Wests training before Christmas. One of the coaches at Wests lives nearby Bottomley Park, so they were doing extras there.

Also tells me Jake Strachan (Sunnybank Prem Colts, State High 2013 flyhalf) will most likely be their starting flyhLf in 2016

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Tim Smith has been confirmed as remaining at Wests.

Phil Mooney confirmed that he had been to Wests training before Christmas. One of the coaches at Wests lives nearby Bottomley Park, so they were doing extras there.

Is that coach Luke Robba former Bulldog and Easts Reserve Grade coach?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
@Bulldog - how do you think Wests will go this year? If Brett Gillespie comes back and Smith stays at 9, the Dogs could certainly upset a few teams.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
@Bulldog - how do you think Wests will go this year? If Brett Gillespie comes back and Smith stays at 9, the Dogs could certainly upset a few teams.

Hopefully they'll push up towards the top 4 but that will require some consistency which will need to come from about 20-25 players. They are going to need to beat sides like GPS, Easts, Bond, Bros say 5/6 out of 8 times which I think/hope that they can do it but they are in better shape to do so in 2016 than they have been for some time.

I would say strongly optimistic rather than over confident about their chances I think they will be in the top 5/6 team and with a bit of luck maybe top 4.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I know it's outside this thread but what are people's thoughts on Quade making the Olympics 7s?

How many Souths Magpies will be at the Olympics - Pama Fou, Stanard, Quade.

That would be a significant representation for one club - well done Souths.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
The Heavies have Con Foley and Nick Malouf, so they're not far behind.

Where did the Badge play before he moved south to Randwick?

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I know it's outside this thread but what are people's thoughts on Quade making the Olympics 7s?

How many Souths Magpies will be at the Olympics - Pama Fou, Stanard, Quade.

That would be a significant representation for one club - well done Souths.
Possibly Stephan Van de Walt as well. That would really be something.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I believe at one stage during 2012-13, GPS had Joey Lalagavesi, Pama Fou, Junior Rasolea and Sean McMahon all in the Australian 7's squad. It was a nice thing to have their names on the books but I don't recall them playing much down at Yoku that year!

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I believe at one stage during 2012-13, GPS had Joey Lalagavesi, Pama Fou, Junior Rasolea and Sean McMahon all in the Australian 7's squad. It was a nice thing to have their names on the books but I don't recall them playing much down at Yoku that year!

Didn't Sean McMahon play for GPS in the 2013 finals?

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Played for Souths in 2015. I believe he had some injuries through the year. Not sure if he is back for 2016.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Lalagavesi definitely played a few games with Souths in 2015.

HT Warhorse for beating me to the punch*

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The Heavies have Con Foley and Nick Malouf, so they're not far behind.

Where did the Badge play before he moved south to Randwick?

If you are referring to Nick Cummins, he may have played for Logan when he was younger as he was raised in SE Qld. He then moved to the Wicks before changing to Southern Districts.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Didn't Sean McMahon play for GPS in the 2013 finals?

I don't think so, Bulldog. I can't recall McMahon playing for GPS. He is tied up with the club, however. He may have played the odd game there before getting a go in Super Rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.