• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

QPRtv

Frank Row (1)
Wests Bulldogs 2016 Preview

We begin with the Wests Bulldogs Rugby Union Club 2016 Season Preview, before their clash with the Queensland 20s on Saturday. The Bulldogs are looking to build on an encouraging 2015 season which made the rest of the competition take notice. Having picked up only 3 wins and a draw, the Doggies lost a handful of games with in 7 points or less. The key to a successful season will be determined by a mix of experience and youth at the club.

Head to our Facebook page for more...

https://www.facebook.com/QPRtv

Samking

Stan Wickham (3)
Wests beat QU20s 6 try's to 4
Down by 2 try's at half time Wests grinded them down
Huge hits and some big run, Promising for the doggies as I Leafau wasn't present
Smith was running water and Hutchison was absent,
Could this be the year of the dog

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Samking - Did Wests have any new recruitments from what you could see yesterday?

Brothers take on University this weekend coming for their first trial of 2016. Let's hope the heat isn't a major factor.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Huge hits and some big run, Promising for the doggies as I Leafau wasn't present
6-5 by my count but could be wrong. First half the West's defense was ripped apart with Tui and especially Toupo on a few blinding runs which resulted in 2 tries. I thought the u20's were a bit static at 10/12 as they did not penetrate much with too many turnover balls. The u20 fwd pack in the first half dominated. Second half when the changes came on the u20's gave away too many penalties and did not fare as well in the scrums. Lost too many in the loose scrums were the West boys were quick and dominated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)

Samking can we let the Bulldogs fly under the radar in the earlier rounds - I think other teams under estimating them will be their best asset early doors. The element of surprise is a wonderful thing.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Easts' search continues for a halfback for 2016.

Eli Pilz is finished for the year after picking up an ACL + meniscus tear in the Reds 20s

I saw Mosese Rauluni at the Reds fan day, he might be worth calling. He set the fastest time over 10m amongst the fans.

Matty Thushker

Stan Wickham (3)
You might be joking, but I am certain Moses would still be a good player in the Premier Comp. He was a great player and a great competitor

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think Moses Rauluni was the Colts coach at Easts a few years back and has been involved in a Coaching business who work with schools of recent times - I could be wrong but he's a pretty loyal Easts man who would find it very difficult to be involved at the Yeronga Nest.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Sunnybank have lost Jake McIntyre (Reds), Mitch Third (Bond) and Jake Strachan (Wests) this off-season, decimating depth at flyhalf.

Henry Taefu also has a chance on missing out, depending on how the Reds perceived his trial form.

EDIT: Strachan will be staying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Trials v UQ at Crosby this Sat. Colts starting from 12.20 top oval. Lower grade bottom oval from 12.20 and Prem Grade from 3pm.
Can bar/bbq will be open..!

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Trials this Saturday:
Souths v Wests;
Bros v Uni;
Bond v Easts.

What are the other clubs up to?

I think Wests play Easts the following weekend.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
Trials this Saturday:
Souths v Wests;
Bros v Uni;
Bond v Easts.

What are the other clubs up to?

I think Wests play Easts the following weekend.

Norths Premier squad are in Ballina, and the Colts squad are in Toowoomba to play DD Colts. Grades have the week off...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm pretty sure Wests or UQ played there recently, but to be honest I think its a terrible facility. Average fields, no parking, no shade.

Sage

Frank Row (1)
Nick essentially played Prem Colts at Sunnybank in the Centres. He would have only played lower grade Colts games in the weeks he missed training. Nick always had talent but his commitment in that first year out of school varied.

Status
Not open for further replies.