• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sad to say that with the Dogs loss and Easts win over GPS - I am resigned to the wooden spoon going to the Bulldogs.

But the GPS loss surely puts them out of finals footy contention.

Sunnybank's win will round out the top 4 if Bond went down to Brothers.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Hope northS can keep building on this year. Really close losses to uq sunnybank and brothers hopefully are a sign that a cormer has been turned. Looks like they may have the tuttles and DP less next season though.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The top four has been set. Sunnybank have made the last finals spot. It's just up to Souths and Brothers to decide who makes 2nd and 3rd.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Filth - the compass sides might be able to help you out as:
Bros finish Wests Easts; &
Souths finish Easts Norths

But aren't GPS(36) still a chance if they could get 2 x BP wins - get to 46; and then
Snbk(46) get done by Uni without a BP and then the bye?

Bond finish is bye & Wests - so they're done.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Correct Bulldog. A mistake I'm sure GPS posters won't forgive me for. If GPS were to get those 10 points, they would have to beat Uni away.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Correct Bulldog. A mistake I'm sure GPS posters won't forgive me for. If GPS were to get those 10 points, they would have to beat Uni away.

It would be a big win indeed to go to Uni in the last round and secure a BP win - but Souths snuck in last year so you just never know!!

I won't be putting money on GPS doing it though!!

LIKEATIGER

Stan Wickham (3)
After watching a few of the Easts v GPS games, came away thinking, it's 2016 and the gallopers still insist on singing their disrespectful , obnoxious ,sexist post game song.It's extraordinary that no one from the club hierarchy...or the QRU have stepped in and stopped it. Other club songs are marginal in there acceptability but GPS takes the cake. Surely ours is the game of positive Character , Culture and Respect.... This public display of oafishness is sure to keep the young families away.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Likeatiger - have you not listened to your club's victory song??????

I am sure you had your tongue firmly in your cheek as you typed this post!!!!

Managreve

Stan Wickham (3)
Likeatiger - have you not listened to your club's victory song??????

I am sure you had your tongue firmly in your cheek as you typed this post!!!!

Likeatiger and Bulldog are both right.... The songs are simply bad taste and a bad way to publicaly finish a contest all round... The GPS one used to be even worse...please Just keep it for the dressing shed

Jamie8

Herbert Moran (7)
Despite losing 3 in a row GPS are still a mathematical chance of making the finals - although don't really deserve it based on last three weeks performances :mad:

Need Uni to do us a favour this week and beat Sunnybank and restrict them to no more than 1 bonus point.

Then it would be in our hands - beat Norths (well) and Uni (just) with a bonus point each weekend and we'd be in the four. Unless of course Sunnybank maintain their +22 point differential they currently have on us (we'd both end up with 8 wins).

To remove that countback, we need Uni to restrict Sunnybank to zero bonus points this Saturday.

Come on Uni :)

Jamie8

Herbert Moran (7)
Changes coming to coaches for a number of Premier sides for 2017:

GPS - Dammers resigned;
Sunnybank - Seib resigned - assistant Virtue already appointed;
Souths - am hearing Picone is retiring from coaching altogether;
Bond - am hearing Hedger may go back to professional gig - Reds maybe?
Wests - will players get their way with Byron to go?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Despite losing 3 in a row GPS are still a mathematical chance of making the finals - although don't really deserve it based on last three weeks performances :mad:

Need Uni to do us a favour this week and beat Sunnybank and restrict them to no more than 1 bonus point.

Then it would be in our hands - beat Norths (well) and Uni (just) with a bonus point each weekend and we'd be in the four. Unless of course Sunnybank maintain their +22 point differential they currently have on us (we'd both end up with 8 wins).

To remove that countback, we need Uni to restrict Sunnybank to zero bonus points this Saturday.

Come on Uni :)

J8 stop torturing yourself, if you can't beat Easts you won't beat Uni in the final round.

GPS will need to put a score on Norths this weekend (with a BP) and that is not an easy task against the 2016 Eagles.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Changes coming to coaches for a number of Premier sides for 2017:

GPS - Dammers resigned;
Sunnybank - Seib resigned - assistant Virtue already appointed;
Souths - am hearing Picone is retiring from coaching altogether;
Bond - am hearing Hedger may go back to professional gig - Reds maybe?
Wests - will players get their way with Byron to go?

Any chance that some Prem Reserve coaches will step up or be made offers to switch clubs to fill some of these roles?

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm sure Hedger will complete his 3 year contract (2015 - 2017) with Bond before considering moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Wests are once again represented at reds level with leroy Houston to take the toowong green and gold by the looks of it.

Also interesting to see 4 norths boys starting for the Reds. I don't have that long a memory but I imagine it's been a while since that has happened.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Leroy was listed as Sunnybank last week....??

Yes Norths are very proud to have 4 in the run on side. Of course we are biased, but we feel they all deserve their opportunity and wish them and all the other men in red all the best!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.