• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Well, who would have predicted the Dogs being in the top four at the beginning of this year? Not many, but what a terrific start. The back three for Wests this year have been very impressive, especially the fullback with his kicking. The Dogs will be hoping for three in a row this weekend v Bond.

Brothers showed a lot of fight on the weekend against a good Gallopers outfit who could have won on FT.

UQ v Easts this weekend at Bottomley, which is looking very impressive as a football ground of late with the new turf. Uni in the past have struggled at Tigerland. I wouldn't write Easts off with this one.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
i noticed a lot of games decided by less than 3 between gps and bros. would have been the usual great day between the two.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
So a bit over a third of the way through and just under halfway, I thought id post a team of the comp so far. Let me know your thoughts;

1. Laione Mulikihaamea (GPS)
2. Moli Sooaemalelagi (Sunnybank)
3. Phil Kite (Norths)
4. Pat Morrey (UQ)
5. Ted Postale (Brothers)
6. Caleb Timu (Souths)
7. Alec Fontalvo (Wests)
8. Jack Cornelsen (UQ)
9. Isaak Fines-Leluwaisa (Sunnybank)
10. AJ Alatimu (GPS)
11. Eddy Fidow (Wests)
12. Nathan Russell (UQ)
13. Conrad Quick (Sunnybank)
14. Mitch Felsman (Brothers)
15. Byron Hutchison (Wests)
RESERVES
16. Campbell Wakely (UQ)
17. Garrath Ryan (Brothers)
18. Richie Asiata (Easts)
19. Brendan Mitchell (Sunnybank)
20. Jack De Guingand (UQ)
21. Nick Chapman (Norths)
22. Jake Milne (Souths)
23. Harry Parker (UQ)

Thoughts? Who have I missed?

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
So a bit over a third of the way through and just under halfway, I thought id post a team of the comp so far. Let me know your thoughts;

3. Phil Kite (Norths)
4. Pat Morrey (UQ)
6. Caleb Timu (Souths)
7. Alec Fontalvo (Wests)
8. Jack Cornelsen (UQ)
10. AJ Alatimu (GPS)
11. Eddy Fidow (Wests)
12. Nathan Russell (UQ)
RESERVES
16. Campbell Wakely (UQ)
22. Jake Milne (Souths)
23. Harry Parker (UQ)

3 uq and 2 gps starters.... makes sense

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
No gorman, potgieter, mitch king, dalgliesh, tight head from wests, gps front row, 13 from uni just to name a few

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Clearly I would have 15 Bulldogs but having watched Easts last week I still think Toby White is the best #13 in the comp. He was let down by those around him but he still stood out.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Agreed R.e. Toby White. Had class written all over him. If Eddy Fiddow was Wests number 11 on the weekend i would make sense as he was an absolute standout. Add to that his 7's and ITM Cup credentials and he'd be extremely unlucky to not pick up a professional contract within the next 6-12 months. Also Byron Hutchinson has an amazing boot on him.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)

As a guy that worked with him at Joondalup and the Spirit, its great to see him doing well. Also surprised how good AJ has been for GPS. Was always a standout for Wests in Perth but he's been great this season.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Eddy Fiddow is a gem and he even had a bit of a cult following from a very roudy Easts crowd on Saturday poor old Byron copped it but they seemed to love Eddy. Didn't affect Byron's output- he was excellent with some booming banana kicks.

Made for a good atmosphere at Bottomley last Saturday.

The playing surface on David Wilson was also of a very high standard.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Eddy Fiddow is a gem and he even had a bit of a cult following from a very roudy Easts crowd on Saturday poor old Byron copped it but they seemed to love Eddy. Didn't affect Byron's output- he was excellent with some booming banana kicks.

Made for a good atmosphere at Bottomley last Saturday.

The playing surface on David Wilson was also of a very high standard.

Hands down the most interactive & hostile crowd in Premier Rugby. the Canbar sideline at Yoku Road in the north west corner of GPS comes close but I think Easts beats them for the title simply because the grandstand is built right on the edge of the field.

when a opponents at Easts find themselves in the Eastern corner of Bottomley Park then they will never hear the end of it from Tigerland.

Yes big kudos from this Wests supporter on Ed Fidow. unfortunately like previous poster "getwithme" hinted he will no doubt be lost in the next year to a professional rugby contract (least thats my belief with where his red hot form is carrying him = 6 meat pies in 4 games)

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)

3. Phil Kite (Norths)
4. Pat Morrey (UQ)
6. Caleb Timu (Souths)
7. Alec Fontalvo (Wests)
8. Jack Cornelsen (UQ)
10. AJ Alatimu (GPS)
11. Eddy Fidow (Wests)
12. Nathan Russell (UQ)
RESERVES
16. Campbell Wakely (UQ)
22. Jake Milne (Souths)
23. Harry Parker (UQ)

I will throw 1 more wests name into the mix and that's Jeremiah Lynch. Last 3 or 4 years he has been the best forward hands down for the dogs.

He was on the sideline last week injured, hopefully nothing too serious but if we are going to make a hypothetical team of the comp then that's the name i motion for representation honours.

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
Up the glue factory!!!!! Yeah that easts sideline especially when you have to throw a line out in is hard to hear the calls haha always good with a lot of banter

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Its for Ballymore Jubilee Festival:
Queensland Premier Colts President’s Team v Queensland Country U19s
Kick Off – 1:30pm Sunday 25 June 2017
Ballymore Stadium

Queensland Premier President’s Team v Queensland Country Heelers
Kick Off – 3:00pm Sunday 25 June 2017

Ballymore Stadium

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think that would be a good idea and potential for people to get identified. It will also be interesting pending the result to see the gap between prems and country rugby who a lot of people think is on par.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Chalk up Bond!!!!

if Wests knock off Norths next week in last week of round 1. idk where my enthusiam will stand going into Round 2. All expectations have been exceeded going into round 2 whilst we sniff in the upper echelon of the comp.

proud doggie.

anyone have feedback from other results around the grounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.