• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Strong showing by those Reds players who are back playing, specifically Tuttle, Paia'aua and Mafi... Whilst some other certain underperforming players aren't to be seen.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Strong showing by those Reds players who are back playing, specifically Tuttle, Paia'aua and Mafi. Whilst some other certain underperforming players aren't to be seen.
It's interesting that underperforming players don't play the level below, it's almost as if they think they're to good for it. I'm sure there is no correlation though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Eddie Quirk's wedding today which has taken out Frisby at least. Probably a few more. Probably not the only club rugby player to miss a game for a wedding I guess.

underthesticks

Bob McCowan (2)
Just heard the commentators on the live stream mention that Jay Havelu is over in Europe now? Has he picked up a contract or will he be back for finals?

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Game of two halves at Easts today. GPS were great in the first half leading 38-0 at half time and then Easts came back to go down 38-29. Really good contest.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
GPS rested a large number of Prem starters today, presumably because the game was inconsequential in terms of ladder positioning for the finals, and almost came unstuck. Easts nearly toppled them in the second half.

underthesticks

Bob McCowan (2)
Interesting selection decisions coming up for GPS with Tuttle and Frisby both seemingly available at the moment. Alatimu surely has his 10 jersey nailed down, one of Frisby or Tuttle to play somewhere else in the backline and the other at 9?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
You'll be facing a fired up Bank outfit next weekend Bulldog. Don't think they appreciated a loss to the struggling 'Filth'.

SB backs are ridiculously fast. Probably on par with UQ. Flyhalf was very good at finding holes out wide. That's their strength. Bank v Wests will produce some great running rugby.

Very pleasing to see the Brethren finish on a win. It has been a tough year in Prems but they played like they did in 2016 and got home in the last minute much to the delight of the crowd.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Sunnybank halfback has been very impressive this year - best #9 in the comp I recon.

I think Uni possibly has the best backs & GPS the best forwards then Sunnybank & Wests better balanced sides but probably would say that their strength is both in the backline.

Makes for an interesting finals series.

If forwards win the big games then it will be the Finsbury Girls (I.e. GPS) taking the Hospital Cup back to Yoku.

Dare to dream Gallopers!!!!

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Interesting selection decisions coming up for GPS with Tuttle and Frisby both seemingly available at the moment. Alatimu surely has his 10 jersey nailed down, one of Frisby or Tuttle to play somewhere else in the backline and the other at 9?
Frisby to 15 I reckon. Can't box kick from fullback

I reckon we'll see Bobby Tuttle stay at 10, Frisby to slot back in at 9, AJ to 12 which then allows the dynamic Maalonga to play his natural position at 13, Kuridrani on the wing and the sexiest player in Club Rugby Todd Winkley to keep his best position at fullback. God, he is good looking.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I reckon we'll see Bobby Tuttle stay at 10, Frisby to slot back in at 9, AJ to 12 which then allows the dynamic Maalonga to play his natural position at 13, Kuridrani on the wing and the sexiest player in Club Rugby Todd Winkley to keep his best position at fullback. God, he is good looking.

Sentiment and good looks shouldn't come into play - I wouldn't be playing anyone but AJ at #10. Maybe Frisby or Tuttle have to come off the bench. Anyhow it's a decision for Matho to make. Frisby is a very dangerous #9 at club level provided he doesn't over play his hand.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Sentiment and good looks shouldn't come into play - I wouldn't be playing anyone but AJ at #10. Maybe Frisby or Tuttle have to come off the bench. Anyhow it's a decision for Matho to make. Frisby is a very dangerous #9 at club level provided he doesn't over play his hand.

I highly doubt you will see a Red come off the bench for GPS this finals series, especially a back. They'd be looking to balance out the side as much as possible behind the dominant forward pack. The Pickle and Bobby combination works well and AJ & Maalonga at 12 & 13 have had a connection and spark since their Perth days. But I'm not the man picking the team - Matho and Elvee have been very good at putting the puzzle pieces together thus far.

underthesticks

Bob McCowan (2)
For mine, AJ has been the best 10 I've seen play this year and if Frisby and Tuttle have to play a half each at 9 or whatever the arrangement, so be it. Will certainly be very interesting to see.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
So the QLD City and QLD Country squads have been announced.

I was wondering if anybody has spied any QLDPremierRugby players named in squads outside of Queensland?

A bulldog name that has slipped thru the cracks simply because he has spent his time playing Reserve grade (but coming off bench for Premiers) is Tevita Ratuva who is the giant fijian lock for Wests. I saw his name in the Fijian side.

Great talent who moves really well for his size.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Other than Fiji, no other squads have been named.

I did notice Salesi Manu in the Brisbane squad. Has he played any Prem Rugby this year for Bond?

By the way, no Mark Chisholm for the finals - QRU denied the request.

Status
Not open for further replies.