• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Doublesteve

Peter Burge (5)
GWM - I believe Kaituu played at least the first half of the round and was on fire before he made the jump across the ditch?

Agree completely with the comments on 12's in the comp, it was hard to pick a standout.

Ed Fidow is a fair call he could probably swap for Felsman, he and the Mataitini would be a nightmare for any team.

TBD - I was bored and it was late. To be fair, he has been on fire IMHO so the double selection stands:)

*Also I made an effort to acknowledge non-contracted/capped Super Rugby players which is why Timu etc don't appear in my list.

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
GWM - I believe Kaituu played at least the first half of the round and was on fire before he made the jump across the ditch?

Agree completely with the comments on 12's in the comp, it was hard to pick a standout.

Ed Fidow is a fair call he could probably swap for Felsman, he and the Mataitini would be a nightmare for any team.

TBD - I was bored and it was late. To be fair, he has been on fire IMHO so the double selection stands:)

*Also I made an effort to acknowledge non-contracted/capped Super Rugby players which is why Timu etc don't appear in my list.
Yeah bro he left after round 2 i think it was and is doing well in nz now.
And that is a solid team id put taefu at 12 he has been real good this year and that conrad quick in the mix somewhere also

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Moonrat

Frank Nicholson (4)
Here's my stab from the games i have watched live and streamed. UQ as the table shows are the outstanding team in the comp and dominate my selections. I struggled at 3 and 12 most.
Tried to pick players on what I have seen and not be drawn in by past seasons performance or reputations. Even now looking back on the selection I feel as I have been hard on Wests.

1. Laione Mulikihaamea (GPS)
2. Moli Sooaemalelagi (Sunnybank)
3. Fred Burke (GPS)
4. Emmanuel Meafou (Brothers)
5. Phil Potgieter (UQ)
6. Adam Korczyk (UQ)
7. Jack De Guingand (UQ)
8. Jack Cornelsen (UQ) Captain
9. Isaak Fines-Leluwaisa (Sunnybank)
10. James Dalgleish (UQ)
11. Ed Fidow (Wests)
12. Henry Taefu (Sunnybank)
13. Josh Birch (University)
14. Mitch Felsman (Brothers)
15. Junior Laolifi (Sunnybank)

RESERVES
16. Campbell Wakely (UQ)
17. Richie Asiata (Easts)
18. Feao Fotuaika (Sunnybank)
19. Dan Gorman (GPS)
20. Caleb Timu (Souths)
21. Nick Chapman (Norths)
22. AJ Alatimu (GPS)
23. Byron Hutchison (Wests)

TJP

Allen Oxlade (6)
Here’s my take on the form 23 thus far. I have named 3 contracted Reds in the forwards but I’ve watched them play a lot of Premier Rugby this year so I feel they qualify. I also acknowledge that Conrad Quick has moved to the ITM cup but he did play every game of the first Round. I apologise to Souths fans in advance but I really couldn’t think of a Magpie that was more deserving. The two unlucky players to miss out on my 23 would be Alec Fontelavo, the Wests open side & Connor Chittenden, the Norths utility back.

1. Laione Mulikihaamea (GPS)
2. Tonga Maafu (Norths)
3. Fred Burke (GPS)
4. Phil Potgieter (UQ)
5. Caydern Neville (Bond)
6. Adam Korczyk (UQ)
7. Michael Gunn (Easts)
8. Jack Cornelsen (UQ)
9. Isaak Fines-Leluwaisa (Sunnybank)
10. James Dalgleish (UQ)
11. Ed Fidow (Wests)
12. Alex Horan (UQ)
13. Conrad Quick (Sunnybank)
14. Veresa Mataini (Norths)
15. Junior Laolifi (Sunnybank)

RESERVES
16. Campbell Wakely (UQ)
17. Daniel Anae (Sunnybank)
18. Feao Fotuaika (Sunnybank)
19. Dan Gorman (GPS)
20. Jack de Guingand (UQ)
21. Scott Gale (UQ)
22. AJ Alatimu (GPS)
23. Byron Hutchison (Wests)

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Wonder if we will see any late inclusions to Premier rugby today after the reds having a match last night?

I assume the whole bench is probably a good shot to turn out to clubland today. time will tell.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think they are all off to Samoa pretty quickly. Perhaps tomorrow though? They might as well play the bench though. Nothing to save in the super season.

underthesticks

Bob McCowan (2)
Watching the GPS v Wests live stream. Todd Winkley is having an absolute blinder. Try saving tackle in the corner, another on the Wests prop just now and making so many metres after contact. He a shot at NRC this year?

Dyson

Peter Burge (5)
Looks like all the guys on here picking rep teams better add some more Wests names to there squad after the weekends result.

thejackel

Frank Row (1)
my jab at the games ive streamed/watched live also non contracted players

1.Laione Mulikihaamea GPS
2.Tonga Maafu Norths
3.Fred Burke GPS
4.Tyrell Barker Easts
5. Lynch Wests
6.Tai Ford Bond
7.Jack De Guingand UQ
8.Jack Cornelson UQ
9.Issak Fines Sunnybank
10.James Dalgliesh UQ
11.Ed Fiddow West
12.Levi Aumua Souths
13.Josh Birch UQ
14.Junior Laloifi Sunnybank
15.Byron Hutchinson West

RESERVES

16.Cambell Wakely UQ
17.Richie Asiata Easts
18.Feao Fotuaika Sunnybank
19.Brendan Mitchell Sunnybank
20.Alec Fontalvo Wests
21.Nick Chapo Norths
22.Aj Alatimu GPS
23.Tim Horan UQ

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
So rugbyreg care to take a guess on the Reds policy with contracted players at clubland during the upcoming test window?

Nothing on the line for Queensland Reds this season except pride. I hope to see every player not selected in the squad and every player not in the gameday 23 turning out to play for their local club.

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
Looking forward to Jeeps bouncing back with a big win over the struggling Norths tomorrow at Shaw Rd. Too much class in both forwards and backs for the boys in sky blue and will surely put a dampener on their Lady Day celebrations. Looks like all of the Eagles big signings are either injured or elsewhere, which is a shame for the club. Freney to dominate up front with both chat and physicality. Anyone got a bolter for the Prems Rep side to play Qld Country?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So rugbyreg care to take a guess on the Reds policy with contracted players at clubland during the upcoming test window?

Nothing on the line for Queensland Reds this season except pride. I hope to see every player not selected in the squad and every player not in the gameday 23 turning out to play for their local club.

I see no reason why we won't see most of the non-Wallabies.

I think we will see the usual guys play. Ready, Tupou, Korzcyk, McIntyre, Kuridrani, Maranta.

Will be interesting how the Tuttle/Frisby thing works. Pickle may have to pay fullback again.

I reckon Talakai and Sef may have a week off but I'd expect they'd play at least the middle weekends.

Don't expect to see Smith or Hendrick Tui play. Hope to see Simmo and Kane run out there - but wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Surely something needs to be done about Pickle and Tuttle playing at the same club. If you're not the premier half at your prem grade club what's going on? Alot of premier grade sides would love that quality in there outfits

Status
Not open for further replies.