• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Great game of rugby yesterday at Shaw Road, big crowd and record numbers for Ladies day. It looked like it was going to be a walkover to GPS at 26-5 after 30 minutes however Norths hung tough and finished the stronger side in the last 15 - 20 minutes to record an outstanding win. Tonga continued his strong form of late and was a clear MOTM with his work around the paddock and was ably supported by Shane Tasi, in the backs Chappo, Connor Chitt and Tom DeForno were all very good. For GPS their front row was excellent, putting the Norths scrum under extreme pressure all the time, the No 1 is an absolute machine. You could tell it was a good game when the Ladies were actually watching the game and cheering.

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
I stand corrected, what ever was said at half time at Shaw Rd on the weekend definitely did the trick, coming from 26-10 down to win was a pretty impressive performance from the Norths side. A very noticeable change in game plan not to play lineouts and scrums really changed the momentum of the game. A bit of a trend is starting to appear with our boys of getting to a lead and not being able to close it out. Now a number of sides are snapping at our heals. This week's match against Brothers is a massive game for Gormo and the boys. Table is starting to get a little cramped with pretty much all the sides with the exception of Bond in the hunt for a top four finish. A lot of very interesting match ups this coming round.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I stand corrected, what ever was said at half time at Shaw Rd on the weekend definitely did the trick, coming from 26-10 down to win was a pretty impressive performance from the Norths side. A very noticeable change in game plan not to play lineouts and scrums really changed the momentum of the game. A bit of a trend is starting to appear with our boys of getting to a lead and not being able to close it out. Now a number of sides are snapping at our heals. This week's match against Brothers is a massive game for Gormo and the boys. Table is starting to get a little cramped with pretty much all the sides with the exception of Bond in the hunt for a top four finish. A lot of very interesting match ups this coming round.

Legaleagle I think you have to do more than just serve up the humble pie I think you need to eat some of it!!!

Good to see that some things never change at Yoku Rd - I.e. GPS supporters getting a bit ahead of themselves.

Seriously you need to take heed of Alec Jones - "respect every opponent". You must in this comp otherwise you get your pants pulled down.

There are plenty more twists & turns left in QPR17 before the final four are set in place and as you stated at the end of your last post there are some very important contests this weekend.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Didn't realise there was this much bad blood between the Eagles and the Bulldogs. I for one always thought that being the "battlers" (solely results speaking over the last few years) they'd be on song with each other.

Sure a few players have left each club for the other but I must have missed where this hatred came from.

At the end of the day norths did beat West's, however the Bulldogs still seem to be having the last laugh sitting 4th to the eagles 8th. Long season ahead though and still a game to play for the these 2 clubs.

How good is club footy!!!
#makeclubrugbygreatagain

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeh they are all playing at their true level - Reserve Grade!!! Ha ha

SteveDoubleSteve I don't know whether this was a serious shot at Norths - no history of issues between Norths & Wests apart from genuine rivalry. I would have thought if anything the Norths - GPS rivalry would have been heightened over recent times with Fogerty etc.

Don't look for something that's not there.

Our greatest rival at present is the Tigers because they're our opponent this Saturday in a classic 4v5 clash where Wests will also be looking to retain the Paul Mooney Cup.

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
SteveDoubleSteve I don't know whether this was a serious shot at Norths - no history of issues between Norths & Wests apart from genuine rivalry. I would have thought if anything the Norths - GPS rivalry would have been heightened over recent times with Fogerty etc.

Don't look for something that's not there.

Our greatest rival at present is the Tigers because they're our opponent this Saturday in a classic 4v5 clash where Wests will also be looking to retain the Paul Mooney Cup.
He was also quick to bag his own club until they started winning haha dont forget that champ

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
Safe to say we are all passionate about our clubs and sometimes our excitement of upcoming games can get the better of us-myself included.
I know that Fogs and Sio both coach junior teams still at Jeeps as their sons both play there so pretty sure that don't harbour any real resentment towards the Gallopers and seeing them on Saturday they looked to be enjoying their time at Norths and moving the Eagles forward.
Good chat going into a massive round of club footy.
GWS what are your thoughts on the Brothers game? Should be a good contest up front.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
TWo weeks til the QLD Presidents XV team is picked. I'm going to have another stab at a team after 11 rounds. Assuming no Reds Contracted players will be picked.

1. Laione Mulikihaamea (GPS)
2. Maile Ngauamo (Souths)
3. Fred Burke (GPS)
4. Phil Potgeiter (UQ)
5. David Findlay-Henaway (Sunnybank)
6. Jeremiah Lynch (Wests)
7. Jack De Guingand (UQ)
8. Jack Cornelsen (UQ)
9. Isaak Fines-Lelewaisa (Sunnybank)
10. AJ Alatimu (GPS)
11. Eddy Fidow (Wests)
12. Levi Aumua (Souths)
13. Toby White (Easts)
14. Veresa Mataitini (Norths)
15. Junior Laloifi (Sunnybank)
RESERVES
16. Campbell Wakely (UQ)
17. Tonga Maafu (Norths)
18. Richie Asiata (Easts)
19. Ted Postale (Brothers)
20. Tai Ford (Bond)
21. Scott Malolua (Souths)
22. James Dalgleish (UQ)
23. Byron Hutchison (Wests)

Thoughts?

TJP

Allen Oxlade (6)
TWo weeks til the QLD Presidents XV team is picked. I'm going to have another stab at a team after 11 rounds. Assuming no Reds Contracted players will be picked.

1. Laione Mulikihaamea (GPS)
2. Maile Ngauamo (Souths)
3. Fred Burke (GPS)
4. Phil Potgeiter (UQ)
5. David Findlay-Henaway (Sunnybank)
6. Jeremiah Lynch (Wests)
7. Jack De Guingand (UQ)
8. Jack Cornelsen (UQ)
9. Isaak Fines-Lelewaisa (Sunnybank)
10. AJ Alatimu (GPS)
11. Eddy Fidow (Wests)
12. Levi Aumua (Souths)
13. Toby White (Easts)
14. Veresa Mataitini (Norths)
15. Junior Laloifi (Sunnybank)
RESERVES
16. Campbell Wakely (UQ)
17. Tonga Maafu (Norths)
18. Richie Asiata (Easts)
19. Ted Postale (Brothers)
20. Tai Ford (Bond)
21. Scott Malolua (Souths)
22. James Dalgleish (UQ)
23. Byron Hutchison (Wests)

Thoughts?
Looks like a fairly handy team The Whisperer. Personally, I'd throw James Dalgleish in to start with AJ on the bench. Watching AJ on the weekend & against Brothers, I'm not convinced he can manage a game nearly as well as Dalgleish.

Any idea on who & when the team for this game will be selected? I imagine a few players will choose to not be considered. Brothers for example can ill afford any more injuries & Easts will be coming off 11 games in a row.

TJP

Allen Oxlade (6)
Looks like a fairly handy team The Whisperer. Personally, I'd throw James Dalgleish in to start with AJ on the bench. Watching AJ on the weekend & against Brothers, I'm not convinced he can manage a game nearly as well as Dalgleish.

Any idea on who & when the team for this game will be selected? I imagine a few players will choose to not be considered. Brothers for example can ill afford any more injuries & Easts will be coming off 11 games in a row.
I hear that Junior is out for the season with a shoulder injury too. This would be a major blow for Sunnybank

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
Safe to say we are all passionate about our clubs and sometimes our excitement of upcoming games can get the better of us-myself included.
I know that Fogs and Sio both coach junior teams still at Jeeps as their sons both play there so pretty sure that don't harbour any real resentment towards the Gallopers and seeing them on Saturday they looked to be enjoying their time at Norths and moving the Eagles forward.
Good chat going into a massive round of club footy.
GWS what are your thoughts on the Brothers game? Should be a good contest up front.
Mate we had to back to the drawing board what we have been doing wrong and had to hear some home truths about what we are doing wrong and play more to our strengths. The brethren are always hard side against us going to be a massive day down at yoku for the gallopers 130yr anniversary. Will be a firey encounter as always. Cannot wait

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I just heard on the radio that Buildcorp, BMW & Lion Nathan have withdrawn sponsorship of the ARU due in part to failure of the ARU to establish a woman's comp. Who will be the sponsor of the NRC?

When will it end?

Grassroots rugby only survives due to hard working & innovative volunteers - I am proud that so many of the QPR clubs are doing their bit by having joint Senior & Junior rugby clubs but sadly the people running the higher echelon of the game (i.e. 5 Super Franchises & the ARU) seem out of their depth.

The game may be professional but it would seem that those running the game are lagging behind.

Can we not get it right? Please

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
To sum it up quickly, Greene couldn't tackle. Don't get me wrong was great with the ball and the boot but Mack seems to have this toughness about him that Greene didn't have. Both were massive losses and both were 10x better than McIntyre.

I still don't get why he's contracted when if you put most of the premier grade 10's we have in a professional environment where they don't have to study/work as well they would be an able back up.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I just heard on the radio that Buildcorp, BMW & Lion Nathan have withdrawn sponsorship of the ARU due in part to failure of the ARU to establish a woman's comp. Who will be the sponsor of the NRC?

When will it end?

Grassroots rugby only survives due to hard working & innovative volunteers - I am proud that so many of the QPR clubs are doing their bit by having joint Senior & Junior rugby clubs but sadly the people running the higher echelon of the game (i.e. 5 Super Franchises & the ARU) seem out of their depth.

The game may be professional but it would seem that those running the game are lagging behind.

Can we not get it right? Please
But there was a uni 7s series set up? Did they want a 15 a side nrcfor women's well??

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

nightnday

Allen Oxlade (6)
But there was a uni 7s series set up? Did they want a 15 a side nrcfor women's well??

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Really, a national Women's comp! We don't have a proper national men's comp and we want to pour money into a national women's comp? I am so tired of this PC rubbish surrounding women's rugby especially when we can't even get a decent national men's off the ground. The sport is supposedly professional and based on that, which comp would attract the largest crowds? Who can honestly say that they have made a dedicated trip to watch a women's club game in Brisbane?

Status
Not open for further replies.