• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapo

Bob McCowan (2)
I take that back, ha congrats to your boys Chapo couldnt get out to Oldmac, score tells of a very close game any review

Sunnybank led 19-0 after about that many minutes and it looked like a cricket score was on the cards. Then awesome defence on bit hard sides kicked in. Souths got over the line in the 83rd minute in the last play. Was never really close on the score board but the last 60 minutes was a very good tussle.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
As a bit of a fan of the older Lucas boys,out of interest, how did the younger Lucas go against Levi, the big Souths centre. Levi has been travelling well lately. Also how did Caleb Timu go?

Chapo

Bob McCowan (2)
As a bit of a fan of the older Lucas boys,out of interest, how did the younger Lucas go against Levi, the big Souths centre. Levi has been travelling well lately. Also how did Caleb Timu go?
Timu unseen really. Lucas shut down the Souths midfield. Sunnybank defence 10-13 was impenetrable

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
Great game between Bond and Norths. Both Norths and Bond had good hard defence, with Norths superb attack around the flanks really deciding the game. What's impressive for Norths however is that due to injuries in Reserve Grade and Prem Colts (especially in the front row), the starting 15 played the whole 80 minutes. They had a Colts 1 Prop on the bench that was breathing easy at the FT whistle :D

Cadeyrn neville was immense in his workrate for Bond. He gets through so much work for a tight 5 player, surprised that the Reds haven't used him much this year. Kane Douglas however seemed to lift the Norths pack again, much like in his game against Souths @ home in May. Tasi (8), Chapman (9) & Ma'afu (3) other standouts for Norths.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Congrats to Easts.

But the refereeing in today's game was atrocious.

Filth as a neutral I have watched the game on the Reds website - I don't know whether I agree with your assessment of the refereeing - bit of sour grapes maybe?

You seemed to get a good go with the penalties early particularly re the scrum penalties but Tallaki & Tupou must have got tired because the Easts scrum got better as the game went on and I think it looked like a knock on from your backrower(#6 I think) in the lead up to the first try of the match.

On that front 2 tries to Felsman - that guy knows his way to the try line.

Gunn & Ready were very good for Easts.

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
Watched the Bond v Norths game through the stream on Saturday and must admit that Cayden Neville was outstanding, not sure why he is not getting any love from the Reds. Was pretty brutal in defence and was a handful in attack. Can't understand how Bond lost that game, probably had it won a couple of times but kept letting Norths back in the game. Hard to believe Bond have only won one game considering the quality of their roster. The Eagles are making a bit of a habit of having a strong second half and running down teams. Where is Lacey and Tyrone for Norths?
Does anyone know who the coaches are for the President's teams Prems and Colts?

Eagleforlife

Bob McCowan (2)
Watched the Bond v Norths game through the stream on Saturday and must admit that Cayden Neville was outstanding, not sure why he is not getting any love from the Reds. Was pretty brutal in defence and was a handful in attack. Can't understand how Bond lost that game, probably had it won a couple of times but kept letting Norths back in the game. Hard to believe Bond have only won one game considering the quality of their roster. The Eagles are making a bit of a habit of having a strong second half and running down teams. Where is Lacey and Tyrone for Norths?
Does anyone know who the coaches are for the President's teams Prems and Colts?
Tyrone has a season ending leg injury, Lacey going overseas. It's been the year of overseas contracts and injuries at the nest, but the other lads have stepped up big time. Finally a bit of depth at the club is paying off. No short term fixes and it's really helping.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Tyrone has a season ending leg injury, Lacey going overseas. It's been the year of overseas contracts and injuries at the nest, but the other lads have stepped up big time. Finally a bit of depth at the club is paying off. No short term fixes and it's really helping.

Damn that sucks for Tyronne.

probably has played his way out of his NRC gig now.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Filth as a neutral I have watched the game on the Reds website - I don't know whether I agree with your assessment of the refereeing - bit of sour grapes maybe?

Yes, in a hindsight you're probably right Bulldog. It was an unfair assessment on my part.

Fraser McReight is one to keep an eye out for. He was the best player on the field for Brothers. Thought the #10 from Easts was also very good.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I know it's another code but you will go a long way in any sport to find a more courageous and determined competitor than Jonathan Thurston.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
After this weekend we only have 5 rounds remaining and the battle for that 4th spot is still wide open.

TEAM: R14; R15; R16; R17; R18; Top 3 Opp; 4-7 Opp; 8&9 Opp
4th:EASTS(29): Norths(H); Snbk(A); Uni(A); BYE; GPS(H) 3 0 1
5th:WESTS(23): Snbk(H); BYE; Bond(A); Bros(H); Norths(H) 1 1 2
6th:SOUTHS(23): GPS(A); Uni(H); Bros(A); Bond(A); BYE 2 1 1
7th:BROS(21)*: Bond(H); Norths(A); Souths(H); Wests(A) Snbk(H) 1 2 2

* Bros are the only team to have had their second bye at this stage

Brothers who are currently 7th cannot be written off because they could potentially get to 41 points with 5 x 4 point wins. Whereas Easts would need 3/4 x 4 point wins to get to 41 points and 3 of their remaining games are against the top 3 sides (Snbk, Uni & GPS). If Wests & Souths could secure 3 x 4 points wins they would get to 35 points which maybe enough to secure the 4th spot. However Wests play 1 top 3 side (Snbk) and Bros whereas Souths play GPS, Uni & Bros.

In my honest opinion the team that gets the 4th spot will be the one that can secure a top 3 scalp or two and in the case of Wests, Souths & Brothers they also have some head to head battles which will be crucial. It may come down to whoever secures a win in R18 goes through.

The Bulldogs will be happy to just be flying under the radar - I certainly haven't written them off as yet.

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Anyone know where we can find the Final Teams for both Colts and Premier games v Heelers on Sunday?

Or is it typical case of QRU being the most unorganised sporting organisation in Australia?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
After this weekend we only have 5 rounds remaining and the battle for that 4th spot is still wide open.

TEAM: R14; R15; R16; R17; R18; Top 3 Opp; 4-7 Opp; 8&9 Opp
4th:EASTS(29): Norths(H); Snbk(A); Uni(A); BYE; GPS(H) 3 0 1
5th:WESTS(23): Snbk(H); BYE; Bond(A); Bros(H); Norths(H) 1 1 2
6th:SOUTHS(23): GPS(A); Uni(H); Bros(A); Bond(A); BYE 2 1 1
7th:BROS(21)*: Bond(H); Norths(A); Souths(H); Wests(A) Snbk(H) 1 2 2

* Bros are the only team to have had their second bye at this stage

Brothers who are currently 7th cannot be written off because they could potentially get to 41 points with 5 x 4 point wins. Whereas Easts would need 3/4 x 4 point wins to get to 41 points and 3 of their remaining games are against the top 3 sides (Snbk, Uni & GPS). If Wests & Souths could secure 3 x 4 points wins they would get to 35 points which maybe enough to secure the 4th spot. However Wests play 1 top 3 side (Snbk) and Bros whereas Souths play GPS, Uni & Bros.

In my honest opinion the team that gets the 4th spot will be the one that can secure a top 3 scalp or two and in the case of Wests, Souths & Brothers they also have some head to head battles which will be crucial. It may come down to whoever secures a win in R18 goes through.

The Bulldogs will be happy to just be flying under the radar - I certainly haven't written them off as yet.

I like our chances bulldog! We have 3 out of 4 home games on the horizon

Removing last time appearance at the Kennel against Easts and the opener against Uni the Bulldogs have played very well at the Kennelseum.

Knowing that the Dogs get to host Brothers and Sunnybank at home (that's crucial). I'd like to think that this very special 2017 bulldogs team will be giving the Sylvan Road faithful relevant footy in July.

Even if we miss out on the 4. I'll still chalk up this year a roaring success. I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel and blue sky on the horizon with this Premiers/Premiers Reserve nucleus and a Premier Colts team that's playing out of it's mind. Great Time to be a doggy.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well said SX.

I agree undoubtedly Wests & Bros have the best run home of these 4 sides.

I notice that there is no real QPR link to today's Wallaby side - Moore & Genia haven't played a QPR in years and I don't think Karmichael Hunt has got on the field in QPR for Bros & now Norths.

Tui & Rodda are probably the next true QPR players to pull on a Wallaby jersey.

I know Naboli debuted in the Scotland test but how many games has he played for GPS?

I trust that George Smith won't end up pulling on the Butcher Stripes either as I think he will heading straight back to Japan after Super Rugby. It's a pity because it would have been great to see him in QPR - mind you unlike most players that join the Reds with no QPR allegiance all clubs if interested in having the player at their club are given an audience in order to entice the player to their club but with Smith I think Mr Cordingley sorted it out??? That's a few of recent times that Sam has lead to Crosby!!!

Pity I am sure George would have liked to pull on another green & gold jersey!!!

T

TOCC

It'll be interesting to see what the new global season does for club rugby..

From 2019 the Super Rugby Grand Final will be in the last weeks of June(essentially now), and the inbound test matches will be held in July..

So, you'd expect that nearly all non Wallaby Super Rugby played should be playing in the QPR from June-August..

Status
Not open for further replies.